International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like the game is full of s**t
I got it, not that bad. Then again I'm always puzzled by some results. Like how in 14 I beat every decent opposition in the group stage of the ODI WC but lost to Afghanistan and Bangladesh.

Don't use the generic default field placements.

They get s**t results in the newer games.
Do you have any recommendations for the fields to set? Just fields you would set in real life? Catches don't always get taken in logical positions (e.g, spinners only get wickets bottom edging cut shots to short leg), which throws me off.

Do you have any recommendations for the fields to set? Just fields you would set in real life? Catches don't always get taken in logical positions (e.g, spinners only get wickets bottom edging cut shots to short leg), which throws me off.

I'd suggesting starting by reading these threads

http://forum.childishdownloads.co.uk/showthread.php?18557-Custom-Field-Settings

and

http://forum.childishdownloads.co.uk/showthread.php?18530-Custom-Field-Placements

and experiment based on it.

As you say some of catches are taken in weird places.

Seriously, if the AI selectors decides to take Aaron Finch, Glenn Maxwell, John Hastings (He didn't actually play thankfully) and Matthew Wade for a test squad but not Chris Rogers, James Pattinson or even Peter Siddle from my team... I'd like to ask what they've been drinking.

Accidentally opened 2011 instead of 2015 the other day, but rediscovered my old Australia save which I'd completely forgotten about.

Highlights include Shane Watson doing his best impression of a late-career Imran Khan (Closing in on 11,000 test runs at 65, 250 wickets at 30) and Ryan Duffield becoming the greatest limited overs bowler in Australian history.

I remember about a decade ago that India and Sri Lanka would always have incredible players

India were unstoppable.

Just a factory of 50+ average batsmen, and the makers presumed that their fast medium bowlers must be good because of how low their averages were, not realising that India at FC level is full of grassy pitches perfect for that type of seamer.

India were unstoppable.

Just a factory of 50+ average batsmen, and the makers presumed that their fast medium bowlers must be good because of how low their averages were, not realising that India at FC level is full of grassy pitches perfect for that type of seamer.
The classic ICC series in India: India make 400, chasing at 1/100 then collapse all out for 175 after one of their medium pace hacks (e.g. S Tyagi) demolishes you with a spell of 6/26. And there's nothing you can do about it. Rinse, repeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The new game is surely having a laugh. When Finch, Maxwell and Hastings returned to my squad I just assumed that they'd been dropped for the next test series, seeing as they then took Rogers and Stoinis (In great form) from me for international duty. But it wasn't for test cricket. It was for a T20I. The Aussies lost... to Bangladesh...

I remember about a decade ago that India and Sri Lanka would always have incredible players
Yeah, the issue there was that because there are so many teams the standard is quite low, and therefore players who are any good at all tended to have 40+ averages with the bat/<30 averages with the ball, and the ICC failed to standardise the FC systems of each country.

Sri Lanka's bowling is also exaggerated by how bowler-friendly the pitches are.

Just went undefeated in the big bash only to lose by 1 run in the final. Alister McDermott was Bowling to M Marsh. Last over bowls 4 dots then on the 5th Marsh Is bowled. The field was out the entire over. Cannot believe it

Just went undefeated in the big bash only to lose by 1 run in the final. Alister McDermott was Bowling to M Marsh. Last over bowls 4 dots then on the 5th Marsh Is bowled. The field was out the entire over. Cannot believe it
That's why I always sign McDermott. He's stupidly good.

Sri Lanka's bowling is also exaggerated by how bowler-friendly the pitches are.

Every Sri Lankan bowler seems to have an extremely poor economy rate though, even if they get wickets. Like you'll have pace and spin bowlers whose FC strike rate with the ball is under 50, but their economy rate is 3.80+

That's why I always sign McDermott. He's stupidly good.

Seriously, IRL, why does he not have a BBL contract, let alone a state contract?

It seemed like at the end of 2013-14, he was just one more good full season (or even a really hot start to the season) away from possibly getting a run in the national team (would have started him off in ODIs first). Extremely good record in all formats. Then he plays just one Shield match and one BBL match last summer, and then QLD and the Heat both decline to renew his contracts for this year, and nobody else signs him either. Bizarre.

Every Sri Lankan bowler seems to have an extremely poor economy rate though, even if they get wickets. Like you'll have pace and spin bowlers whose FC strike rate with the ball is under 50, but their economy rate is 3.80+

Seriously, IRL, why does he not have a BBL contract, let alone a state contract?
I'm pretty sure he does, with the the Sydney Thunder. Hasnt played tho

Just played an unreal ashes series, 4/5 games were tight. Ended 2-2.

Played as England, some of the highlights were:

Alister Cook carrying his bat for 177*

Jonny Bairstow and James Anderson having a 188 run partnership, with Bairstow making 200* and Anderson 23. Was following on, too. Ended up winning the game.

Anderson taking 7-31 in that same test, bowled Australia out in two sessions to win the game.

Ali and Bell made 99 in the same innings which was just weird.

Lyth made a ton off 71 balls, had him set as defensive and he did that.

Just lost a World Cup match to UAE in a match where Warner made a century as part of a first innings score of 364 and Faulkner took five. They sit third on the table with wins against Australia, Sri Lanka and Scotland.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453432683.145236.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453432571.981793.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453432711.671114.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back