Travel International Flight

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't forget to bring the bomb.

When I fly, about an hour in, I like to move in my seat in an agitated fashion and starting chanting verses from the Koran in a low voice.

There are some terrible airports around the place, Perth for starters.

I did an 8 hour layover in Kuwait airport.

There is no bar at Kuwait airport.

When i went to Greece from here . I got there went to the carasouel? got my luggage . The dumbest thing was i asked their customs there where do you have bag checks she does we dont and she said to me you can go out. I felt like a idiot for asking. The 10 hour flight was good till landing when we had two teenage girls crying while landing.

Would only fly A380's if I could. They don't move in the air and the entertainment is great
Yep I've only flown once return from Dubai to NYC on an A380, but it was very good. Much better seat pitch/width than in other Emirates aircraft and slept like a baby for most of the flight.

Unfortunately Dubai airport is an overcrowded hole, where possible I like transiting via Singapore Changi.

Anyone had a problem with those touch screen TVs- and by that I mean the one on the BACK of your seat and the person sitting behind you banging away at the channels, instead of lightly touching the screen?

I swear to god, on an 11 hour flight I was ready to rip the stupid old lady's head off- ****ing bitch, was so annoying. (And she still did it after I politely asked her to stop)

Would put it more annoying than the reclining seat thing. (which btw my rule is crystal clear on the reclining. I dont recline. Exception to that- if the person in front reclines. I recline.)

Anyone had a problem with those touch screen TVs- and by that I mean the one on the BACK of your seat and the person sitting behind you banging away at the channels, instead of lightly touching the screen?

I swear to god, on an 11 hour flight I was ready to rip the stupid old lady's head off- ****ing bitch, was so annoying. (And she still did it after I politely asked her to stop)

Would put it more annoying than the reclining seat thing. (which btw my rule is crystal clear on the reclining. I dont recline. Exception to that- if the person in front reclines. I recline.)
You mean the punch screen monitors? Yeah, I know the ones ;) They can be so un reactive sometimes, but I agree, having someone bashing away at a seven behind you is frustrating as hell.

Qantas entertaintment system is fantastic for international flights. Just a pity about the cabin crew who have NFI.

Yeah, they're kind of middle of the road. I think they're probably 3rd best option from the west coast of North America anyway. I found Virgin the best. Air Canada aren't very good but at least you can fly direct from Vancouver to Sydney and skip the States. United are just terrible and I won't fly with them again.

Took me at least an hour just to figure out what I wanted to watch! Lol.

Very good selection.. especially for those poor sods like me who cant sleep on planes. :mad:
I know that pain. Can be a very long 24+ hours. (30 starting mid-afternoon last time)
And, right now, I can't sleep at all without having done a long haul flight for just over a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, they're kind of middle of the road. I think they're probably 3rd best option from the west coast of North America anyway. I found Virgin the best. Air Canada aren't very good but at least you can fly direct from Vancouver to Sydney and skip the States. United are just terrible and I won't fly with them again.
I flew with Qantas on the A380 to the States a month ago. Best part was the entertainment system and the self serve food and drinks at the back of the plane. At least I did not have to rely upon the cabin crew to serve me otherwise I would have been waiting forever.

I have flown Air Canada while I was travelling in Canada some 6 years ago. They were not too bad apart from losing my wife's luggage on one leg of our trip but we got the bag back the next day.

+1 for not being able to sleep on a plane.

I don't normally recline, mainly because I don't know the etiquette. What is the etiquette on reclining (let's say on long haul flights)?

I don't normally recline, mainly because I don't know the etiquette. What is the etiquette on reclining (let's say on long haul flights)?
I don't know if it exists, but I do know what pisses me off, and I avoid doing it to others.

If I wanted to recline my seat I wouldn't do it to the limit and, assuming the person behind wasn't already reclined, I would ask if they minded. What shits me is the person in front just reclining fully without so much as a "would you mind..?".

I don't know if it exists, but I do know what pisses me off, and I avoid doing it to others.

If I wanted to recline my seat I wouldn't do it to the limit and, assuming the person behind wasn't already reclined, I would ask if they minded. What shits me is the person in front just reclining fully without so much as a "would you mind..?".
The assumption is that everyone reclines so when you do it the person behind you should be doing it as well.

I think its fine to recline. On a long flight its expected. You can't sit upright for 10 hours. Well I cant anyway. If someone in front of you reclines then you recline to compensate if you have to. I think its only rude when people dont put it back up when its time to eat.

Qantas entertaintment system is fantastic for international flights. Just a pity about the cabin crew who have NFI.

Entertainment and comfort is so much more important. You only have to worry about the crew for the two meals, most of the other time you are sleeping or watching the screen.

And at least Qantas have those snack bars so you can always grab some food or drink if you need it.

I enjoy Emirates 777.Love their entertainment system, food is always good. I have a prefered seat with my skywards membership and its brilliant for me.
Alright, what is the best seat in Economy? I want to try and get there early and get an exit row, but failing that I would love to have a good backup seat.

do your seat booking online now, easy peasy.....
are u flying 777.
Yeah, but they won't let you have a exit row seat until they see you on the day. But the question remains, what is the best seat on the 777.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back