International Membership - Streaming Question

Remove this Banner Ad

MSG77

Team Captain
Nov 16, 2005
---
So, I tried to go thru both the live chat and email links on the club membership site, but no response. Whatever, oversight, glitch - this seems to be the best place to get answers and/or draw pertinent eyes to these problems anyway. Trying to avoid the phone because of fees/time zone complications.

Is the streaming/replay service that comes with the International Membership just thru the watchafl.afl.com.au site? Or is it something separate and club run?

I had a pass last season there and was planning on renewing it. Saw a week or two ago that there was streaming thru the memberships here and tried to see if it was the same.

Its a bit more here but worth it for a few extra bucks for the club if its the same thing.

Does anyone here have it (or anyone from the club can comment)?

I'd like to be able to use my existing login and billing stuff for it if possible. And I've already waited too long to do this. Wanted to get it done weeks ago.

So if the streaming for the international membership is just a complete season pass (with access to all games and replays for all games) then I'm in. If not I'll just sign up again thru the site like I did last season.

Thanks for any help people can give. Ususally this site is right on top of these things.

It's against bigfooty rules to post streaming related questions these days MSG. I suggest you send a convo PM to one of our other O/S based posters like ozzyoslo Yianni and JRoo etc. I'll give this thread a few minutes prior to exterminating it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TT this is the official AFL sanctioned streaming btw.

To answer your question MSG77 I have an international membership and I got an email after I purchased the membership which had a voucher code in it to add the season pass to my account on the watchafl site (my account carried over from last year from whatever it was called). Check you haven't received an email from membership@kangaroos.com.au titled '2014 NMFC International Membership' the voucher code is about halfway down the email.

EDIT: I think I slightly misread your post in that you haven't bought the membership yet. The only thing I would say is that I didn't receive the voucher code till about 10 days after I purchased the membership - this may have been because it was preseason though

Is the streaming/replay service that comes with the International Membership just thru the watchafl.afl.com.au site? Or is it something separate and club run?

Hi mate - apologies you didn't have any luck getting in touch with the membership crew. Hopefully I can help.

The International membership does in fact include games streamed on watchafl.afl.com.au site, the main difference being the club is given a percentage of the profit from Rightster, the video provider.

Basically purchasing an international membership via the club website results in a code being generated and sent via email, then you are able to create a new account using the voucher code.

Please let me know if there are any further questions and I'll get them answered for you.
Cheers, Rob.

Cheers, boys. No worries on response. Could have been on my end, could have responded and spam ate it or something.

Knew I should have come here right away. This is always the place to get the correct and expedient info on all things North.

Fantastic that the club gets a portion of it. And good that it is same service I am already familiar with. Will get right on it this weekend.

So, I tried to go thru both the live chat and email links on the club membership site, but no response. Whatever, oversight, glitch - this seems to be the best place to get answers and/or draw pertinent eyes to these problems anyway. Trying to avoid the phone because of fees/time zone complications.

I had a pass last season there and was planning on renewing it. Saw a week or two ago that there was streaming thru the memberships here and tried to see if it was the same.

Its a bit more here but worth it for a few extra bucks for the club if its the same thing.

Does anyone here have it (or anyone from the club can comment)?

I'd like to be able to use my existing login and billing stuff for it if possible. And I've already waited too long to do this. Wanted to get it done weeks ago.

So if the streaming for the international membership is just a complete season pass (with access to all games and replays for all games) then I'm in. If not I'll just sign up again thru the site like I did last season.

Thanks for any help people can give. Ususally this site is right on top of these things.
Hi MSG77
I got the streaming option as part of the clubs overseas membership. There is a follow up email with the access codes sent by the club. The service/quality is as last season, not brilliant but definitely watchable. The trick is to synch radio coverage with the vision as the sound quality is ordinary and so you don't have to put up with clowns like Derwayne calling the game. The only change from last season is I cannot get the stream working on my iPad/Apple TV.

Hi mate - apologies you didn't have any luck getting in touch with the membership crew. Hopefully I can help.

The International membership does in fact include games streamed on watchafl.afl.com.au site, the main difference being the club is given a percentage of the profit from Rightster, the video provider.

Cheers, Rob.
Cheers Rob I was wondering how the club made money on that membership option the price was about the same that I payed last year for the streaming only. Just wondering is the profit per viewing? may look into clicking on the watch 24/7 and just let it run in the background $$$$$ :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back