International recruitment

WLWildcatsFC

Draftee
Jan 7, 2011
West London
AFL Club
Geelong
The West London Wildcats are looking for players to fill our 3 sides for the 2011 season, West London Wildcats are the largest and most successful footy club outside of Australia.

We have a great social atmosphere & massive functions combined with the West London Wildkittens Netball Club.

Training has already started for 2011 so get along and join us on the track and for a massive 2011.

Keep up to date or get in touch with us:

Email: westlondonwildcats@gmail.com

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/West-London-Wildcats/151836403063

Twitter:
@WLWildcatsFC

WLWildcatsFC

Draftee
Jan 7, 2011
West London
AFL Club
Geelong
Dates for the AFL London competition have been announced for the 2011 season.

Season Starts: Saturday 7th May
AFL London Grand Final: Saturday 6th August

So if you are in London between these dates and keen for a kick, get in touch with us at the West London Wildcats, all players welcome!

Training has already started for the 2011 season, every Sunday at 2pm corner of Lille Road & Fulham Palace Road, Hammersmith.

www.wildcatsfc.co.uk

Nappies

All Australian
NFL Mock Draft Participant
Jan 22, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Giants & Arsenal
Job & Footy Opportunity in Toronto, Canada

I have an entry level job opportunity in sales available for recent college graduates who might be looking to travel.

An Australian company in the advertising industry, you would train for 4-6 months in our Toronto office on a base salary before having the potential to move to our London UK or Melbourne offices, or alternatively stay in Toronto.

As the coach of one of the Aussie Rules teams in Toronto, there would also be the opportunity to play footy in the biggest league outside of Australia - the OAFL. Our league is capped at 6 Aussies on the field, so it's certainly not an expat league like some other international leagues. We're all about development so there is a big opportunity to become involved in coaching.

PM me if you're interested.

von_wafer

Senior List
Armchair Endzone Participant
Oct 29, 2009
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Re: Job & Footy Opportunity in Toronto, Canada

I have an entry level job opportunity in sales available for recent college graduates who might be looking to travel.

An Australian company in the advertising industry, you would train for 4-6 months in our Toronto office on a base salary before having the potential to move to our London UK or Melbourne offices, or alternatively stay in Toronto.

As the coach of one of the Aussie Rules teams in Toronto, there would also be the opportunity to play footy in the biggest league outside of Australia - the OAFL. Our league is capped at 6 Aussies on the field, so it's certainly not an expat league like some other international leagues. We're all about development so there is a big opportunity to become involved in coaching.

PM me if you're interested.

Hey Nappies, does the US/Canadian season run parallel with ours? I'm assuming so and not in their winter? I plan on being in the US and/or Canada for a few months at some point this year (not sure on dates yet) and would love to be able to have a kick, even if it was just training.

Nov 2, 2004
Yulee
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah pretty much parallel - some teams have started now, some don't start until closer to midyear in some places but then most finish up around our Grand Final time (US Nationals 1-2 weeks later).

San Diego Lion

Draftee
May 13, 2011
san diego
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If anyone is heading to southern California, come and check out the San Diego Lions. We play in the SCAFL 9 a side competition with 5 other teams from the LA/Riverside area. We also have an 18 a side competition with the SCAFL teams as well as other West coast teams.

Nationals is an 18 a side tournament spread over 3 divisions and held in Austin this year.

Great chance to play some footy and get in a bit of travelling when you are over here.

www.sandiegolions.com
www.facebook.com/sandiegolions

P.S. i recommend joining Putney Pies if you are in London, great social team and one of the most competitive teams

San Diego Lion

Draftee
May 13, 2011
san diego
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
by the way AFL Team Canada, have you ever considered a trip down to San Diego to play a few games? We travel to Seattle every other year so could be persuaded to hop over the border for a game

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Any of you guys know anyone wanting a paying roommate for 2012? London or New York preferably. I'd love to play international footy. I'll be travelling overseas next year for my gap year. But, to play footy, i'll need one 'base' per se... So, PM/reply to this thread, I guess.

If you want a 'resume', i'll give you one!

Si Botak

Team Captain
Jun 20, 2011
Up the Old Seadog
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Light Horse
Not sure if this is the right spot, but apart from the obvious requirements for players to show a reasonable level of commitment, what are the skills requirements like?

I'm possibly moving to Malaysia in the near future with the Wife (she's from Klang and her family is still there), and wouldn't mind knowing how hard it is to get a kick with the Warriors or another local team?

Am reasonably fit, and not a complete football numpty although I need to work on kicking any kind of ball other than a stabbed drop punt. :)

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Neotraveler5

Draftee
Jan 28, 2009
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm currently living in Singapore and have met the Malaysian Warriors. I have no doubt you will have no problem getting a game with the guys. They have a few locals playing in the team now that have learnt the game from scratch. Great bunch of guys.

I am certain even if you arrived with no skills they could show you the basics.

Here's the website, shoot them an email.
http://www.malaysianwarriors.com

Nappies

All Australian
NFL Mock Draft Participant
Jan 22, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Giants & Arsenal
Broadview Hawks in Toronto, Canada are recruiting for players and a new Head Coach. Excellent league here in Ontario, 10 teams, 18-a-side games, devoted footy ovals, reserves/old boys league, women's league. We play May-Sept (which is summer).

Web: www.broadviewhawks.com
Twitter: @broadviewhawks
Email: coach@broadviewhawks.com

Feb 22, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
AFL Club
West Coast
torontoeagles_logo_mini.png

Planning a Canadian holiday or relocating to live and worried you will miss footy too much? The Toronto Eagles are your answer.

The Toronto Eagles Australian Football Club are the Canadian sister club to the West Coast Eagles and the oldest club in Canada. We are associated with AFL Ontario, the largest footy competition outside Australia. AFL Ontario is a 10 team competition that encompasses a range of skill levels from Canadians new to the sport to ex-AFL listed players.

It is a fantastic experience to see our great game in action in a country on the other side of the world. You will be amazed to see the passion and endeavour of Canadian’s as they take to the sport. We also welcome Women keen to play footy, to the join the Toronto Ealges Womens team.

The Toronto Eagles boast a great footy club atmosphere, complete with clubrooms (a pub), functions and even a footy trip! You will instantly forget any homesickness when welcomed into the Eagles family.

So combine your working holiday or your new life overseas with the chance to experience footy in Canada and join the Toronto Eagles AFC!

PREMIERS: 1989, 1990, 1991, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2006, 2007, 2009

Back