Computers & Internet Internet speeds

Remove this Banner Ad

JuddsABlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
The internet speed at my house is terrible, usually get download speeds around 100/130 kbps to give you an idea, while people I know constantly get 1mbps, and a friend who lives within 1km of my house gets those types of speeds

Am I stuck lke this? As far as I undersand it, my little pocket of wires/cables that give me internet are what they are, regardless of which provider I use.

I very much desire faster internet, there is no NBN in mr area and no rollout date is close

Thanks!

what do you use to test your speeds? Sometimes I use http://www.speedtest.net/, - take it as a rough guide only but usually its not far off. Your speed also depends on what type of service/plan you're on and who your provider is

Some ISP's have shared bandwidth allocations for local areas which is why the speed can fluctuate at peak times, but other ISP's will sell you guaranteed bandwidth at a premium rate.

Cristiano Ronaldo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2012
Lowry Hotel
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man United, Victory
Me too i know mine has the capability for so much more but it just ain't budging to higher speed. Perhaps it's the loose wall socket in my house? Maybe. I took that speed test just now and it came up with 3.21Mbps download speed which is hard to believe and 0.81Mbps upload speed. The upload speed feels like the actual download speed tbh. I'm with TPG, might give them a call soon cause it's bs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back