Movie Interstellar

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to have to rewatch, but I think she figured it out before the morse code watch. Not sure.

Also, there totally needs to be a TARS pop vinyl.

I remember when they were at the first water planet, thinking, jeez, TARS looks REALLY stupid. What a lame design, they totally stuffed that one up. And then he ******* transforms and spins across the sea, saves Brann! That's when I fell in love.
Yeah I was thinking at the start it was a stupid design for TARS and CASE but by the end I was thinking "Why the hell have we made them human shaped before? They can be WAY better".

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
I especially liked being able to configure their settings on the fly. I would like to tell some people to take their sarcasm level down to 30% ;)

And BTW I loved the robots. Very inventive.
Yeah, the robots werent too bad.
The movie was needlessly long. If you are going to stretch to nearly 3 hours it has to be more gripping. I didnt mind some of the ideas in it but I dont think it's up there with the classics, or even nolans other work.

I agree with others that Hathaway is a bit of a dud. McCougnahy and Matt damin are always good value though.

7.5/10

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Watched it yesterday and quite enjoyed it. The "*spoiler removed" was a bit iffy but it could've been much cornier. Will definitely download it for a second viewing when it's released on blu-ray.

First time I've gone to the movies since May. * cinemas haven't gotten less annoying. Not sure how some people can be assed going every week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched it yesterday and quite enjoyed it. The "Oh I was the ghost all along!" was a bit iffy but it could've been much cornier. Will definitely download it for a second viewing when it's released on blu-ray.

First time I've gone to the movies since May. **** cinemas haven't gotten less annoying. Not sure how some people can be assed going every week.
I didn't mind it. The only unbelievable thing and something I still can't get past for this movie is how she suddenly figures it out.

And I've gone to a few movies this year, all been pretty good

The only bad experience was when this couple brought their baby to an imax screening of that space movie with clooney and bullock

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Fair enough. It's only been 5 weeks though :)
I've got kids so my high-frequency movie-watching days are gone :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 19, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
Watched it in IMAX with the girlfriend because it's got to be the only place you watch a movie like that.

I thought the pacing of the movie was a little slow and the opening sequence didn't really gel until later on in the movie right up to the end. The whole Matt Damon sequence really made no sense whatsoever and detracted from the story. I would have preferred some other astounding discovery, but it smacked like the story was stolen from Sunshine, which was a great space movie, albeit a far better ending (not without it's own glaring issues). Some of the acting fell a bit flat between Hathaway (mostly) and McConaughey, just seemed a little rehearsed rather than natural, while Gyasi was a good foil.

The ending sucked a bit and it's sort of explained as 'others' by the robot, again, stolen from another movie - Moon. As soon as I saw that, heard the robot, Moon was the first thought that came into mind.

It was enjoyable, but it isn't something I'll rewatch, just too long, too slow and not enough to keep me interested.

Back