Interstellar

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello troll. Seriously, Gravity is the worst space-related film you have ever seen? Either you're a troll, or you haven't seen many movies.
Sadra Bullock took a dump on the movie. Am I being hard on it, maybe? But that was the worst acting I have seen on anything given a budget other than maybe Eric Banner in The Hulk.

Gone Girl has the worst ending since the Sopranos.
The Sopranos ending is amazing. Nothing fun tied ends and absolutism. Six Feet Under was about the only show that could attempt to be finite, that was the point of the show, but that execution was so poorly done and corny and just thinking about it makes me embarrassed... Nonetheless, not much in life ends completely and knowingly. You'll always have things unanswered. The best movies and shows end with a bit of openness to them

Many would argue that Bullock makes the film, but wevs.
5250-black-baby-shocked.jpg

Someone with a different opinion on the most discussed part of the greatest show ever?!?!?!!? If that makes you recoil, why even be bothered by art?!

This is the best description I have listened to of her performance in Gravity.

I love Louie, but I listened to the first few minutes and, you know, he is a comedian. He will try and mine laughs. The content he brings forward is not really an argument (astronauts must be super excited about being in space!), and he talks about watching it stoned. It's a funny personal experience with the film, but he is trying to be funny first and foremost. He barely even mentions her performance, other than how she did not meet his impression of an astronaut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Louie, but I listened to the first few minutes and, you know, he is a comedian. He will try and mine laughs. The content he brings forward is not really an argument (astronauts must be super excited about being in space!), and he talks about watching it stoned. It's a funny personal experience with the film, but he is trying to be funny first and foremost.
He is however, completely and utterly correct ...

He was.

Most people who are funny are just telling an inconvenient truth ...
If that's the case, and if you agree with him, then explain in detail why you think he was right, what you agree with. Instead of empty statements about 'truth', 'correct', etc.

If you are going to be controversial, your opinion can still be highly respected and appreciated through backing up your statements with a solidly reasoned argument (not everyone agrees, and that's cool). You may contribute to others seeing something in a different light. Otherwise, you'll just be eaten alive for what you are. When you come across statements that something or other is the worst thing ever, alarm bells can start going off. When those statements are devoid of decent argument, the statements lose all significance.

Last edited:
Then why don't you explain WHY (in detail). You don't really seem to offer any insight or worthwhile critique, which is why posters here are tearing your comments to pieces.
If that's the case, and if you agree with him, then explain in detail why you think he was right, what you agree with. Instead of empty statements about 'truth', 'correct', etc.
The art of storytelling has been the most profoundly influential tool in human history.

I love it.

The Sopranos ending sucked. The over analysis of it is an embarrassing method for Soprano's fans to gratify Chase, when actually he wigged out because it was either too hard or he was too fatigued by then.

Haven't seen it yet but will on Tuesday, looking forward to it. I took a quick glance on some of the Rotten tomato critics, well their blurbs and it seemed most of the complaints came from the movie being too smart for them.
Thrawny the last 30 minutes were some of the best minutes of my life.

Simply awesome.

Critics have no idea. The only let down is they should have shown the extended version ... It was cut up too much at the start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back