Game Day Intra Club 27/2/15

Remove this Banner Ad

from what I've seen Tanner has been taking on Apeness and doing a good job too. It's now a thrashing here at Freo Oval. Purple team 6 goals to nothing to skip away. Blakely switching to the purple team for last qtr. Looks like Michael Johnson's day is done too.

Another big victory for the purple team, but inaccuracy in the final term prevented further damage. I have it as a 61-pt belting with 3 goals to Walters, who sat out last term, and Hill best the most damaging player on the ground with two of his own.

Bridget has now left the building.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another big victory for the purple team, but inaccuracy in the final term prevented further damage. I have it as a 61-pt belting with 3 goals to Walters, who sat out last term, and Hill best the most damaging player on the ground with two of his own.

Bridget has now left the building.

Bridget Jones Diary :rainbow:

First time I have been able to get down and contribute to the report writing.

Got down to just in time to see Stephen Hills run from half back, down the wing and deliver an absolute peach to Apeness who kicked the goal - nice little glimpse into the future hopefully. Hill dominated the whole time - I think he can step it up an another level, scary thought. Apeness struggled to clunk a few marks, even chest marks but his leading was impressive.

Tanner Smith has some size on him and was conceding only height to Apeness (who is listed at 200kg)

Weller got lost a bit from what I saw, the boys had to keep telling him where to position.

Neale got on the end of some great clearance work.

Mundy was all class

Blakeley looks like a 100 game player already, you can tell his confidence is sky high.

Clarke and Griff had an even battle in the Ruck with Clarke looking better around the ground.

Ballas, Walters flashed in and out.

Hughes has a bit of size about him, massive quads, seemed to have stacked on muscle fairly quickly.

A.Pierce was doing kick to kick during the breaks, which is promising considering he has a foot injury.
Didn't see Tabs?

Johnno and Duffy jogged laps at the end.

For mine in the first half Hill was far and away the stand out player. I was gobsmacked by some of what he was doing - the class he oozes, his ability to make quick decisions, break away from and dart through traffic, and then execute his beautiful skills was unparalleled. Breath takingly good at times.

For the whites, seriously the 0 gamer in young Blakely was just about their best. Seriously excited by this guy. Like, seriously seriously excited! Class, poise, skill - has it all. Also a great reader of the play and clearly a quick learner cos he seemed to know where to be in terms of the structures AND where the ball was going to be. We are looking at 200+ games starting 2015 with this guy. A Doig or two in there I would imagine as well. :thumbsu:

Taberner did not play, probably due to the hamstring niggle he had recently. Missing were Taberner, Mora, A Pearce, Langdon, Dawson, Ibbotson, Ballard, D Pearce, Fyfe, Crowley, Hurley and Sylvia. Pav and Mcpharlin played the majority of the game while Sandi sat this one out. Apeness was gain quiet. Tanner Smith showed some promise keeping him under wraps again. Of the new recruits Weller was the dominant one today. He played the whole game for the weaker white team and after a quiet first quarter he won plenty of the ball, showcased his speed and kicking skills and broke a few tackles. Griffin and Clarke competed against each other in the ruck and it is very hard to choose who was best. Both played well. Hill was supreme and I mean SUPREME.

Walters and Johnson sat out the last quarter. Walters was very good. Mundy was exceptional and Neale was terrific in the weaker white team. Sheridan and Crozier were both good. However I though Duffy was extremely poor. Average in every way. Vandeleur made a couple of awful turnovers. Brady Grey looked very solid in the back line and didn't look out of place matched up on Ballantyne. De Boer was very good except the times when he had to dispose of the ball by foot. But still he was tough and gave off some very good centre clearances to Hill. Pav was a little rusty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back