Game Day Intra Club Practice Match @ Trevor Barker Beach Oval 5pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't remember who posted it,but a few people spoke about our list having alot of depth but no stand out pick themselves and referred to Collingwood pre 2010.

I just wanted to say that it was a great comment. The premiership teams in the last 15 years were deep and developed over time. The pressure turned players into superstars and when they were injured the depth came in and the results continued. A flaw we had in our last tilt.

This is definitely a topic our list management group talk about and often.

Can't remember who posted it,but a few people spoke about our list having alot of depth but no stand out pick themselves and referred to Collingwood pre 2010.

I just wanted to say that it was a great comment. The premiership teams in the last 15 years were deep and developed over time. The pressure turned players into superstars and when they were injured the depth came in and the results continued. A flaw we had in our last tilt.

I know ive mentioned this before. We have done very well with late picks and have plenty of soldiers but lack that absolute superstar pick

Good to hear its being discussed. We need 1 or 2 across the next couple of drafts and trade periods

If no-one takes credit for it I'll say it was me.

I'm as big a fan of him as just about anyone, but in footy, opportunity and someone backing you in play a massive part in whether you're going to make it or not and the simple fact is that Minch is behind Billings, Lonie and Sinclair already and once/if fit will probably be pushed one more back in the pecking order by Freeman. The club will also be super-keen to get as many games into the similarly sized and attributed Gresham as they can, which will probably push Minch back even further in the pecking order and then someone like Eli may push him even further back.

I think if he was at a club that was higher up the ladder and had less similar "kids" on their list he would be a much better chance of making it than he will be now at St Kilda, because there are just so many similar types who are all younger than him on our list and who, right or wrong, will be given opportunities ahead of him, because they're seen as more of a "sure thing". At a different club he might be the one they wanted to pump games into, but here he's the one who only gets games when the ones they want to pump games into are missing, which makes it a hell of a lot harder for him to make it.
He'll get his chance and when he does if he gets 20 and kicks 2-3. He'll stay in.. got seriously good depth in that small fwd / mid position.. the future is looking good boys.

He'll get his chance and when he does if he gets 20 and kicks 2-3. He'll stay in.. got seriously good depth in that small fwd / mid position.. the future is looking good boys.
The thing is, I reckon if he was given an extended run of games then he would be a much better chance of having some 20 possie, 2 or 3 goal games, but it's hard to see him getting that, as he is the type who will only be given a couple of games to prove himself. He has to basically fire immediately, even though he's not used to playing at the level, or else it's back to Sandy. Anyway, if someone with talent and good attributes like him isn't able to get a regular game for us, or is being overlooked for younger and even more talented options, there are worse positions for a footy club to be in!

Where did you get that from?
Check out his post history and it looks like he joined BF to talk about Blake (back before he was drafted), who he also has in his avatar. Back then he listed the team he supported as West Coast, but once Blake was drafted to us switched it to St Kilda. Chances are they're related to him, or know him very well.

The thing is, I reckon if he was given an extended run of games then he would be a much better chance of having some 20 possie, 2 or 3 goal games, but it's hard to see him getting that, as he is the type who will only be given a couple of games to prove himself. He has to basically fire immediately, even though he's not used to playing at the level, or else it's back to Sandy. Anyway, if someone with talent and good attributes like him isn't able to get a regular game for us, or is being overlooked for younger and even more talented options, there are worse positions for a footy club to be in!
Thats right.. depth in that posi is good. Fwiw i think he has the ability to come in get 20 and kick multiple goals.. maybe so can temps.. this team is getting better fast. Its young talent and competition for limited positions. What a great position were in atm.. it getting very exciting.

Check out his post history and it looks like he joined BF to talk about Blake (back before he was drafted), who he also has in his avatar. Back then he listed the team he supported as West Coast, but once Blake was drafted to us switched it to St Kilda. Chances are they're related to him, or know him very well.
He may very well know Blake but that would mean Blake is about half a cm shorter then Roo so I'm just interested to know the source of that height

Blake posts here?;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

indeed. he's a good poster, although i have disagreed with him in the past when it came to him defending blakes kicking, which has been pretty poor

He is 192.7 cm tall
192cm??? Is he???
Acres really is the key. We need that tall fyfe like mid.
If he and ross come on? wow look out!!!

And Minchington?? I love him. Great skill. Monty replacement.

Would love our future centre bounce to rotate ...
Dunstan, Acres, Ross, Armitage, Steven

Issue?? Ruckmen. Longer is good but mentally will he go the distance? I doubt it. Think we need better.
Hickey? Not convinced. Again goes missing. Can be great but ... Is he nicnat, is he hale?
Holmes? Hes 26 in 2016. He wont be there in 2019 when we need him.
Pierce? no not good enough. Or big enough.
So we need to draft a gun ruckman. But its ok as its 2016 and our first chance at a flag will be 2019.

3 Free agents over next 3 years
ruckman, midfield speedster and KPP GUN

Youve got sinclair billings lonie gresham minchington all class forward of the centre

Youve got white savage rice newnes webster roberton half backs

We are building something very special i cannot believe the turn around. Seriously 2013 sept we almost looked fitzroy like going forward. Ceo change coach change drafting its been a dream. Who wouldve thought 2018 we would be back at moorabin as a strong finals side with a decade of success ahead of us???

Flag is coming. 2019-2026.

I would pretty much bet my left nut that Roo is around 196cm.
Agree.

Some of these heights are a joke
They say Brian Lake is 196 but rooey is 193???

What? You only have to look when they matched up to see that was BS

Ive seen roo in life and he was huge!!
Ive stood by brian and thought 6'2 at best.
He was not tall. I was amazed at his ability to play KPP in a flag side. Serious respect the guy is a gun but 196cm?? No way.

Lonie is fine. Needs to stop exaggerating for effect as he could develop a reputation, but in all the games he's played, I've not seen him go down unless he's been hit, legal or otherwise.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

It's not habitual, he often got taken down hard by bigger guys and bobs straight back up to give them the finger. We sat behind goals a bit and he takes hard hits well for a little guy, my 10 year old could beat him up.

192cm??? Is he???
Acres really is the key. We need that tall fyfe like mid.
If he and ross come on? wow look out!!!

And Minchington?? I love him. Great skill. Monty replacement.

Would love our future centre bounce to rotate ...
Dunstan, Acres, Ross, Armitage, Steven

Issue?? Ruckmen. Longer is good but mentally will he go the distance? I doubt it. Think we need better.
Hickey? Not convinced. Again goes missing. Can be great but ... Is he nicnat, is he hale?
Holmes? Hes 26 in 2016. He wont be there in 2019 when we need him.
Pierce? no not good enough. Or big enough.
So we need to draft a gun ruckman. But its ok as its 2016 and our first chance at a flag will be 2019.

3 Free agents over next 3 years
ruckman, midfield speedster and KPP GUN

Youve got sinclair billings lonie gresham minchington all class forward of the centre

Youve got white savage rice newnes webster roberton half backs

We are building something very special i cannot believe the turn around. Seriously 2013 sept we almost looked fitzroy like going forward. Ceo change coach change drafting its been a dream. Who wouldve thought 2018 we would be back at moorabin as a strong finals side with a decade of success ahead of us???

Flag is coming. 2019-2026.
I can guarantee Longer & Hickey will both be better in 2019 than any ruckman we draft. Terrible list management if we go down that path.
Also Rucks are severely over rated.

What did people think of the makeup of the teams.
To me it looked a lot like an initial "best 22" vs the rest.
Flying in the face of that is the lack of both key defenders Goddard and Delaney.
Nevertheless, i can't help thinking it would have been the yellow players under the most scrutiny by the coaching staff.
( and players like Sam Fisher were probably told to have a run around but not worry too much ).

What did people think of the makeup of the teams.
To me it looked a lot like an initial "best 22" vs the rest.
Flying in the face of that is the lack of both key defenders Goddard and Delaney.
Nevertheless, i can't help thinking it would have been the yellow players under the most scrutiny by the coaching staff.
( and players like Sam Fisher were probably told to have a run around but not worry too much ).
You can do a mix of players at the end of the ground i.e. best fwds v best defs and worst fwds v worst defs (worst is such an ugly word - apologies) and just pit the midfields however you like (hopefully even) i think this gives a better indication on player comparison however a best 22 v the rest provides a realistic view of how the team is going and implementing structures and strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back