iPhone Apps

Remove this Banner Ad

Coincidentally, Shepp, I was having a discussion with someone today about the development of an iPhone App. They were going on about how it would make it easy for people to view their website... That was the only functionality they proposed. Sometimes I think Iphone Apps are like the new 'website' i.e. everyone thinks they have to 'em to compete in the marketplace.

I hear ya grizz, one of the first things my new boss has asked for is for me to put together an iPhone app. No thought has gone into what it should be or how it will work or who it would appeal to.

I gave Hipstamatic a huge workout down the beach the past week or so. What a great app. Fantastic. Anyone tried any of the add-on lenses out?

It works wonders at the beach. Here's a shot I took down at Sorrento of the beach. Totally random.

b3a7d434.jpg

Now this isn't strictly iPhone related, but those of you fine folk who are Apple users will note the addition of an Apps Store for iMac and macbooks.

The upshot of this innovation is that I can now play Angry Birds on a 20" screen.

Thank you, Steve Jobs.

Turn your iPhone into a very effective scanner for text and stuff. JotNot Scanner Pro was written up in the Green Guide and I downloaded it today. Works most excellently.

TuneIn Radio iPhone app

Just tried using the TuneIn Radio app to listen to the footy on SEN and 3AW and it just had a loop saying coverage will continue after the footy is done...what's the go? Could do this last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: TuneIn Radio iPhone app

AFL have obviously closed it down, like they have for any media broadcast that isn't the official 'game day broadcaster'.

If you try to click on the SEN live link on their website during a telecast it will not work, you have to listen via the AFL site. I'd think this is just another example of the AFL taking the game away from those who want to enjoy it.

Re: TuneIn Radio iPhone app

Spewin'...cheers mate...probably going to release an app like they did last year that costs $5 a month to be able to stream the game...sorry AFL but not worth it

Im an addict with ipod aps, give these ones a whirl:

Lane Splitter: Wickedly fast motorbike game, try it!
Angry Birds Rio: best one so far I think
Footy Now: Good FREE ap for live scores and footy stuff
Stick Cricket: Pretty addictive game
Spongebob: give it to your kid and they will be amused for ages!
Tower Bloxx: Very addictive game
Hired Gun: Stress reliever as you blow stick figures heads off, play it when your angry!
Stick Skater: Great addictive little game
Wheres Wally: Hourse of fun!
Paper Toss: A classic time waster
I Basket: Best basketball game, you wont put it down for days!
9 Newsbreak: News on the run, gives you all the tid bits from the day without watching fat ass peter hitcher saying "thanks Slovenia" every night lol
Paypal & Comm Bank: awesome mobile banking
IMDB: check out all the movies on your mobile

Thats all I could be bothered writing! So many aps, so little time!

Tapatalk is fantastic. Makes browsing forums - like Big Footy - an absolute breeze. The functionality is terrific. Highly recommend the small outlay.

Discover Apps. It's had like 250,000 downloads in a few days, and is number one in a number of countries. This app does the 6 degrees of separation thing and recommends other apps. It's good.

Puffin - Its a web browser. I use it on iPad but assume theres an iPhone version. It plays FLASH content. Thats right folks....

IT PLAYS FLASH CONTENT..... UP YOURS STEVE JOBS!

Puffin - Its a web browser. I use it on iPad but assume theres an iPhone version. It plays FLASH content. Thats right folks....

I use Puffin too, and Skyfire. Although, I find Puffin has a slightly better interface.

Wow that's awesome! Downloading now.

I just got a gig reviewing iPhone apps - starting next week, should be interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back