Ireland v Australia : ODI Thursday 27th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some odd reason this game tomorrow is live on Fox Sports at 7.30pm [AEST].
The rest of the games v England are on GEM.
Oh so Fox asked not to get us playing the minnow :oops:

This is Australia's side.
Joe Burns, David Warner, Steve Smith (capt), George Bailey, Glenn Maxwell, Shane Watson, Mitch Marsh, Matthew Wade, Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Nathan Coulter-Nile.

I wouldn't have minded seeing a few of those blokes get a rest but its always good to put out a strong side.

This is Australia's side.
Joe Burns, David Warner, Steve Smith (capt), George Bailey, Glenn Maxwell, Shane Watson, Mitch Marsh, Matthew Wade, Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Nathan Coulter-Nile.

PHEW,Warney will be happy

CA: Hmm we need an opener to replace Finch. I know, let's go with the guy who averages below 40! I mean Shane Watson only averages 40ish at international level as an opener.

******* ******s really make it hard to like the Aussie team at the moment
But why would we make Watson open?? We just won the World Cup 6 months ago and we are playing Ireland and a half strength England side in a few one dayers. Watson won't be there in 4 years time for the next World Cup. Why wouldn't you try someone new as an opener.

Because it's all about winning all games. Not the ones four years from now. If a player can't come in and perform straight away he shouldn't play anyway. There shouldn't be try-outs based on potential.

Also that bowling lineup will either bowl them out cheap or get pasted. Worst odi bowling lineup in ages

CA: Hmm we need an opener to replace Finch. I know, let's go with the guy who averages below 40! I mean Shane Watson only averages 40ish at international level as an opener.

Presumably they just want to give Burns some experience ahead of playing tests this summer.

Though I never understood why Watson was moved from opening in ODIs anyway. He's a superior batsman to Finch

Ireland's squad for those that care :p
WTS Porterfield*, A Balbirnie, GH Dockrell, EC Joyce, AR McBrine, JF Mooney, TJ Murtagh, KJ O'Brien, MC Sorensen, PR Stirling, SR Thompson, GC Wilson†, CA Young

Ireland have a lot of quality in their side these days, and some good young talents in Dockrell, McBrine, Young and Stirling. Hopefully they can catch the Australian team low on morale and make this interesting.

Ireland's squad for those that care :p
WTS Porterfield*, A Balbirnie, GH Dockrell, EC Joyce, AR McBrine, JF Mooney, TJ Murtagh, KJ O'Brien, MC Sorensen, PR Stirling, SR Thompson, GC Wilson†, CA Young

Ireland have a lot of quality in their side these days, and some good young talents in Dockrell, McBrine, Young and Stirling. Hopefully they can catch the Australian team low on morale and make this interesting.

Bowling is tidy but not penetrating and as we all saw through the world cup, suffers badly at the back end. Home conditions and Murtagh is back from injury so those are the positives. Irish were disappointing in the T20 Qualifiers but some individuals have put some good performances on the board in county cricket of late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have too many all-rounders playing for my liking. I would have got rid of Watson and replaced him with Agar so we have a genuine spin bowler in the team and a more balanced looking bowling attack.

Burns did well in the A series in India.

Otherwise I agree. Watson should never have been dumped from opener in one dayers.

We have too many all-rounders playing for my liking. I would have got rid of Watson and replaced him with Agar so we have a genuine spin bowler in the team and a more balanced looking bowling attack.

I wish we had real spin bowler too. However, it will probably be a seamer's pitch.

Because it's all about winning all games. Not the ones four years from now. If a player can't come in and perform straight away he shouldn't play anyway. There shouldn't be try-outs based on potential.

Also that bowling lineup will either bowl them out cheap or get pasted. Worst odi bowling lineup in ages

There are ONLY tryouts based on potential.You can never know how a player will go on the step up to international cricket.

There are ONLY tryouts based on potential.You can never know how a player will go on the step up to international cricket.
I'm talking about people who average s**t and are picked that they might step up rather than guys with proven records

Feel sorry for the Irish local fans, they had their game against NZ rained out a couple of months ago too IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back