Irish Experiment = Failure

Irish Experiment Worth Going on with or Stop?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It costs us very little to nothing with the rookie system. No need to give up altogether, we just need to be a bit more discerning in the future.

I hope we do not go down this path again waste of time hope we look at players like Dwyer that have dominated at VFL and never given a chance

I'm not sure how many times this has to be explained but a club can have one Irish player listed as a Category B rookie outside of the main rookie list so it's not a valid comparison.

I like Dwyer a lot as a player but I don't think he's shown much more in his first 10-15 AFL games than Clarke did.

Yeah I think using these guys as extra rookie spots outside of the list is still useful and doesnt cost much, and got us one useful player in Clarke (who might have been a lot better if he never returned home - but not judging him on that) and Mooney still has potential. I think it's similar to the situation with Shae Mcnamara - it didnt work out in a football sense, though I don't think anyone realistically expected it to, but it was probably a good learning experience for the club and opened up a route that they could try again in future if someone becomes available.

While the club is wealthier and has the money to spend on stuff like this, I don't have the probably trying these types of things.

I'd rather they start trying to develop the local Sudanese boys. That community could have a massive impact on AFL.

I agree and you can start on them when they are Kids

Think we should use our rookie picks on Indigenous kids in rural communities;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the Saints and Hawks are using it.

Well we have Marley Williams who is part Mari
Maori. He is part Maori.

He was also produced via the WA system, and in particular, the Claremont Football Club.

Wow you really hate Americans o_O
Americanisation. Passionately. I have no problem with the reasonably well educated American,but once they invoke God,their right to carry arms or kiss a crucifix chuck em on the tip.
Rap artists can go suck it.

Americanisation. Passionately. I have no problem with the reasonably well educated American,but once they invoke God,their right to carry arms or kiss a crucifix chuck em on the tip.
Rap artists can go suck it.

Can australians claim to be any better?

Makes no sense to hate an idea because it happens in america...

No?
I simply hate the ideas, it is purely coincidental that so many of them proliferate in America, specifically the US.
I should not unfairly tarnish any other American countries.
There are not many things which I would miss if America never existed.
I doubt anything would have gone uninvented or evolved without them.
Morning television would undoubtedly be better sans the US style *stick huddle.

I can't fathom their inaction after Sandy Hook. It's just one big arse covering exercise.

There are two more in this series for those who are keen. It's hilarious and horrifying at the same time.

I can't fathom their inaction after Sandy Hook. It's just one big arse covering exercise.

There are two more in this series for those who are keen. It's hilarious and horrifying at the same time.

I rest my case.

Back