scon

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2009
western australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Long haired Champs.
You won't see much of him! Kildare are awful and wont last too long in the championship!
Cheers for the update confused Irish character.
You'd be wanting to support the Dockers.
To be sure of having an idea
To be sure of having a clue
To be sure of having any class
To be sure of being less silly.
To be sure you're welcome!
May the enemies of Ireland never eat bread or drink whisky.

IrishHawksFan

Debutant
Oct 4, 2010
Cork, Ireland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cork GAA
Cheers for the update confused Irish character.
You'd be wanting to support the Dockers.
To be sure of having an idea
To be sure of having a clue
To be sure of having any class
To be sure of being less silly.
To be sure you're welcome!
May the enemies of Ireland never eat bread or drink whisky.

Have a soft spot for the Dockers, lived in Perth for a while and used work down in Freo by South Beach down the end of South Terrace road and my better half was nursing in the hospital there, Went to a good few Freo games in Subiaco in my time, My highlight being the electric atmosphere there the Sunday Freo beat the Cats in 2010, Never forget the ribbing Gary Ablett got every time he came near the ball and the hostile atmosphere certainly played its part in upsetting the cats that day, The fact it was one of the best games of footy that season added to the excitement. Saying that though im a hawks fan first and foremost, they were the first group of AFL supporters I ever encountered and had good craic with them, If I had landed in Perth first day im sure id be a Freo supporter but that's not the case.

scon

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2009
western australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Long haired Champs.
Have a soft spot for the Dockers, lived in Perth for a while and used work down in Freo by South Beach down the end of South Terrace road and my better half was nursing in the hospital there, Went to a good few Freo games in Subiaco in my time, My highlight being the electric atmosphere there the Sunday Freo beat the Cats in 2010, Never forget the ribbing Gary Ablett got every time he came near the ball and the hostile atmosphere certainly played its part in upsetting the cats that day, The fact it was one of the best games of footy that season added to the excitement. Saying that though im a hawks fan first and foremost, they were the first group of AFL supporters I ever encountered and had good craic with them, If I had landed in Perth first day im sure id be a Freo supporter but that's not the case.
No excuse.As weak as a salmon in a sandpit.You'd already witnessed the superior entity and chose to go with a shower of shitheads.
I can no longer be of any assistance.You've witnessed the power of the purple and have somehow in an Irish decision making manoeuvre embraced the pees and poos.
You Irish are friggen weird.;):D:thumbsu:

scon

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2009
western australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Long haired Champs.
I had no idea there were so many shades of green in our universe 'til I went to 'The Green Isle'.
You may not twig to it IrishHawksFan but you'd wanna go way outa that arseways,that Hawkeshite!:D:D:thumbsu:

Last edited:

manpurple

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Agree, but the point still remains these international recruits are almost a waste of time and resources with not having played the game to begin with.
It is AFL PR and that's about it.
Not sure I agree.
Most of the costs are sunk. Adding one more to the training regime will not add to the costs of training personnel. The flights to Europe are paid for the AFL junior junket as the scouts have to go to look at the Aussie talent anyway. About the only extra time is a few extra meetings some calls on the phone and a few extra sets of training clothes from the sponsors.
I look at it as a nothing to loose situation that costs almost nothing.

Freo Dr

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have been reading about the American draft camp testing recently and apparently Fremantle were one of the six clubs involved in checking out the players.
One player, Mason Cox at 211.4 cm, apparently stood head and shoulders above the rest:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-28/taller-than-sandi-cox-shines-at-international-combine

He is now travelling to Australia to complete trials with four of those AFL clubs - does anyone know if he is trialling with Freo?

Could be a chance to have the biggest Cox in town.

Back