Irish recruits

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone should ring up Karl and Barra and get them to ask Ross if he would find a spot for Bell in our current 22.
Would that settle the argument?
Personally I think the answer would be yes.

Someone should ring up Karl and Barra and get them to ask Ross if he would find a spot for Bell in our current 22.
Would that settle the argument?
Personally I think the answer would be yes.
In what capacity?

And yes I was a Peter Bell fan.

In what capacity?

And yes I was a Peter Bell fan.
Playing footy. Fred reckons he wouldn't get a gig with us these days. Pretty much everyone else thinks he's wrong but we are all sheep apparently. I'm just wondering if Ross's opinion would be enough to settle the argument.
As for where he would be a mid/forward I expect. similar role to Neale.

Playing footy. Fred reckons he wouldn't get a gig with us these days. Pretty much everyone else thinks he's wrong but we are all sheep apparently. I'm just wondering if Ross's opinion would be enough to settle the argument.
As for where he would be a mid/forward I expect. similar role to Neale.
Would he have the "engine" or the defensive pressure required for Freo's style of play.

He never struck me as that sort of player.( Remembering I said I like Bell ;))

Would he have the "engine" or the defensive pressure required for Freo's style of play.

He never struck me as that sort of player.( Remembering I said I like Bell ;))
Cool, you're obviously leaning toward Fred's side of the argument. I reckon great players are great players because they have the drive to do whatever it takes and especially ones with as little to work with as Bell. I reckon he'd find a way.

Bell's engine was one of his biggest strengths, he'd have no problem with the running demands of modern footy.

Hating belly hmmm. He had his own Instrument at home games.

Anyway Sean Hurley Booooom!

Why is there a team called mayo?

Because the word Mayo is the English pronunciation of the Gaelic name for the county Maigh Eo!
I could ask you why is their places in Australia called Mandurah, Uluru, Wollongong etc and the reply would be the same as why there is places in Ireland called Mayo, Cork, Longford etc!

Because the word Mayo is the English pronunciation of the Gaelic name for the county Maigh Eo!
I could ask you why is their places in Australia called Mandurah, Uluru, Wollongong etc and the reply would be the same as why there is places in Ireland called Mayo, Cork, Longford etc!

I live near cockburn so yeah thanks for clearing that up.

I live near cockburn so yeah thanks for clearing that up.
Ya worked down towards Cockburn a few years back, I remember myself and my buddy nearly exploded with laughter when we heard of the place and our boss looking at us like we were 13 year old boys, ah the immaturity, good times!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool, you're obviously leaning toward Fred's side of the argument. I reckon great players are great players because they have the drive to do whatever it takes and especially ones with as little to work with as Bell. I reckon he'd find a way.
I reckon Bell would get a game ahead of Hase. I and I think Hase would get a game.

Our standards back in the day weren't as high then as they are now in terms of the demands on players. Take a player from then that got by on ability and put them in today's program that can take a fat assed clancee and make him a good player, or walters and make him a jet - it'd be interesting to see how things would apply.

I notice that Sean Hurley and Paddy Brophy aren't playing for Ireland in the International Rules Series.

Anyone know why?

I don't know if it was form, injury or whatever but Sean played very little for Kildare this year, a few games subbed off or subbed on.

Hopefully he's just kicked the sherrin so much that it's thrown off his round ball skills ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back