Irish recruits

Remove this Banner Ad

Sean tweeted on new years
"Here's to a good year with Kildare, and abroad" He's playing out the year for Kildare and potentially coming back for more trials/training!
Few other tweets allude that this is his last year at Kildare! Read into that as you will!

Yeah, I just had a look. It does imply that he's got 1 more year with Kildare.

If we have said that we'll probably sign him up for 2015 then hopefully he spends a lot of the current year with a footy in his hands. Even just playing with it watching TV will make a difference.

I'm not sure he's doing himself any favours. In 12 months time, he'll be 22 years old? We are looking at a 3 year investment before he's ready for AFL. If another whipper snapper 18 year old Irishman comes along he may miss his chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm wondering if this is more focused method of recruiting. I know that one of the comments made during his time here was that he needed to get used to the shape of the ball. In this approach he gets the remaining part of the season playing competitive sport with Kildare. Then 6 months to learn to play with a "weird" shaped ball.

I remember when Tadgh Keneally was starting out, he said he'd take a footy around with him everywhere even when he wasn't training, to intuitively understand the way a footy behaves, which was pretty smart. Hopefully we've given Sean a Sherrin to bounce around the streets of Kildare.

Alright I'll be honest withya twas the beer getting cold and the Guiness going flat with all the bumps in the road ,

Have ya not tried to ride a bike on a plane now .Well Shamis with all thats holey and good god man ya haven't lived ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back