Religion Irish Sectarian State embodies the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats the university in Melbourne named after a european christian nutter who came out here with his disciples doing this s**t to the blacks in the 1800's? latramp? latrollop?

I thought Church of England came under the Protestant banner? If you're Catholic you're simply Catholic - but if you're Protestant you could be Lutheran, Baptist, Anglican, Church of England or any of the Pentecostal churches.

I'll happily admit if I'm wrong, though. The history usually says 'Protestant settlers' or 'Protestant landowners' without providing further clarity.

The problem with defining Anglicanism is made more difficult by the English Reformation being firstly politically motivated, rather than a matter of faith.

So, as a result, there are actually two distinct branches within the Anglican church - high church, which is essentially Catholic, and low church, which is essentially Reformed/Presbyterian.

'Protestant' is basically used to describe any church that came from the wider Reformation.

And there are also Catholic churches who aren't Roman Catholic, as they reject the authority of the Pope.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back