Not open for further replies.

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool, Storm.
I often think I come across as really arrogant when I train. Always have the headphones in, avoid eye contact at all costs... That kind of thing but it's more so I can stay focused on what I'm doing, strict rest times and what not. I find if I talk between sets the workout rarely feels as good at the end

I do the same when there is females around to be honest. Used to never mind just a bit of small talk with a couple of them, but i am dead certain one of them thought i was trying to chat them up. lol. Was doing nothing of the sort, but the gym has that sort of feel to it in regards to females.

I often think I come across as really arrogant when I train. Always have the headphones in, avoid eye contact at all costs... That kind of thing but it's more so I can stay focused on what I'm doing, strict rest times and what not. I find if I talk between sets the workout rarely feels as good at the end

not arrogant. focussed.

I do the same when there is females around to be honest. Used to never mind just a bit of small talk with a couple of them, but i am dead certain one of them thought i was trying to chat them up. lol. Was doing nothing of the sort, but the gym has that sort of feel to it in regards to females.

see that's where men cannot win. a friendly gday, howsitgoin? is construed as chatting them up/perving.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
People putting weight plates onto the wrong spike and/or mixing them up with other wieght plates on the same spike grinds me to the ground. It's atrocious behaviour imo!

I'm forever rearranging weights on the rack.
I sometimes wonder if my unknown enemies or spiteful ex's come to the gym and put all the weights in the wrong place to bait me.

It's the OCD in me.

I'm forever rearranging weights on the rack.
I sometimes wonder if my unknown enemies or spiteful ex's come to the gym and put all the weights in the wrong place to bait me.

It's the OCD in me.

And peternorth is there rearranging his shorts

People who constantly check themselves out in the mirror in between sets. Get over yourself.

there is one chap who does that when im at the gym. its uncomfortable for everyone cause he basically lifts his shirt for all and sundry to see. and everyone is looking into the same mirror (benches face that way)

there is one chap who does that when im at the gym. its uncomfortable for everyone cause he basically lifts his shirt for all and sundry to see. and everyone is looking into the same mirror (benches face that way)
:eek:

There's "acting like a tool", then there's another level of "lifting your shirt in a crowded gym acting like a tool"

:eek:

There's "acting like a tool", then there's another level of "lifting your shirt in a crowded gym acting like a tool"

not ok (and he's wearing a hat and low riding shorts)

Shia-LaBeouf-has-been-getting-fit-while-boxing-past-year.jpg

maybe ok (ok not ok)

girl-gym.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

last night the gym was nice a quiet, with exception of shrieking womens PT session. im all for positive affirmation, but why the need to scream and squeal like stuffed pigs? and out of 8, only 1 of them was conversation worthy.

anyway, i also noted that one directions story of my heart song was played.

Midday session today, whole weights area to myself with only a couple on the cardio equipment keeping to themselves.
Ah, bliss.

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
Midday session today, whole weights area to myself with only a couple on the cardio equipment keeping to themselves.
Ah, bliss.

I wish I could experience that. I live in an area with lots of meatheads/shift workers/scum on benefits so the free weights area is basically packed between 7am and 11pm every day. It's open 24 hours but it's not really practical for me to in the middle of the night.

I wish I could experience that. I live in an area with lots of meatheads/shift workers/scum on benefits so the free weights area is basically packed between 7am and 11pm every day. It's open 24 hours but it's not really practical for me to in the middle of the night.

live in newcastle?

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC

3AM is a great time to be in the gym

Poetic Justice

i will touch the sun or i will die trying
Wordler
Jun 21, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one

Couldn't you go to another gym?

I get frustrated watching weedy dudes come in and do 3 sets of 5 or 6 different bicep exercises. Hardly seems worth it..

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood

I get frustrated watching weedy dudes come in and do 3 sets of 5 or 6 different bicep exercises. Hardly seems worth it..

I've considered it, but seeing as it's only £15 per month compared to £30+ for most other places I will just have to put up with how busy it is.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney

What's wrong with that? We all have to start somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back