Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably has been mentioned.....anyway at the gym yesterday on the way out I see a familiar face and he looks sick as a dog. He puts his hand out to shake. Can't be rude so I shake his hand and say mate are you ok? (Saying to myself " must wash hands asap"). He goes on to say he has the flu, has been in bed all day, taking meds etc. I walk over to the hand sanitiser and load up like a teenager who is about to rub one out.
I grab my bag, and ready to go and the same guy comes over to shake my hand again. Ahhh, can't get out of the handshake. And worse I can't walk back to the hand sanitiser, which is not near the exit, without looking rude. I had to pretend I left something behind so I could walk back the opposite direction to re-apply hand gel.
1. I must remember to recommed to staff to re-locate hand sanitiser at the exit.
2. If you're that sick, does it hurt to take a bloody day off?

Doing deadlifts last night, the Anytime i go to has a squatrack with a wooden platform. In between my sets i went to get a drink (i had left my towel and hoodie on the bar to let people know it was being used), come back to two blokes basically standing on the edge of the platform doing shoulder exercises. Basically in the way of doing deadlifts, or to close for comfort, then even worse halfway through one of my sets he walks over the platform directly behind me. :mad:
I can't stand people who get close to you when you're lifting. These days I just move all of the empty benches and equipment away from me before I start because I know the majority of people are lazy and would rather do their exercises 1 metre behind me whilst I squat instead of getting out of the ******* way.

I can't stand people who get close to you when you're lifting. These days I just move all of the empty benches and equipment away from me before I start because I know the majority of people are lazy and would rather do their exercises 1 metre behind me whilst I squat instead of getting out of the ******* way.
What? so no tea bagging while doing squats, is it just me?

I hate it when hot chicks just want to introduce themselves and chat between sets

R U ok?

gym.jpg

allow me to bring some international flavour to this thread

i was working out at a hotel gym in china. there were two guys, one very obese (credit to him for exercising!!!!). he and other guy were only two in there, both sitting on benches talking. i waled around making my intentions clear that i wished to use one of the benches. however they kept on talking. i gave up and improvised.

anyway. that was it. they didnt want to share their benches. in the end perhaps a good thing because it was very humid and hot, and i was without towel.

there's a guy at my gym - nice enough dude - but he's a real close talker.

It gives me the heebie jeebies

There is a guy that works at my gym that is a real loud talker. You can hear him before you see him and can always hear him through the ear phones really clearly. No escaping it.

There is a guy that works at my gym that is a real loud talker. You can hear him before you see him and can always hear him through the ear phones really clearly. No escaping it.

loud talkers piss me off. there's one at my gym, nice guy, but when talking to his mates (who collectively prance around like they own the place), speak loudly in a booming voice.

loud talkers piss me off. there's one at my gym, nice guy, but when talking to his mates (who collectively prance around like they own the place), speak loudly in a booming voice.

Likewise, they annoy me too. He also has a habit of chopping you off before you finish a sentence which is a really big pet hate of mine, but if i look past those 2 things he is actually a decent guy, too. I am kind of thankful he only works twice a week or something, if he was there full time i'd probably try to work around his hours. Haha.

Wtf this just happened. Not crazy hot and don't care as I have a gf. But initially asking for advice, then asks what time I regularly come to the gym so she'll know. Just weird.
Last year, same time; I know because its during the Max/Maxine challenge. 40yo chick that works there was doing the challenge last year. She says hello, but thats about it. But last year, 1 week she started having a conversation with me, interestingly at the time where people need people to vote for them. Any other time she's been there and I've talked to her, she's snobbed me off. I hate people that only talk to you for some other purpose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

arguably the most attractive, fit girl - early 30s - doing bent over rows like this:

Bent-Row.jpg

i was behind some 5m on doing seated cable row. had no where else to look but in the direction of the glutes. well i lie, i often looked past into the large mirror. unfortunately was greeted by a down shirt view.

arguably the most attractive, fit girl - early 30s - doing bent over rows like this:

Bent-Row.jpg

i was behind some 5m on doing seated cable row. had no where else to look but in the direction of the glutes. well i lie, i often looked past into the large mirror. unfortunately was greeted by a down shirt view.

Should have enquired as to her preferred method of glute activation.

Man, we have 2 squat racks at the gym, 1 was occupato and the other guy decides to use the other one as goddamn plate holders for goddamn plate shoulder raises. Let me do my ******* squats!

Look, I'm a gym noob but this pissed me off so bad, couldn't even warm up properly.

Wearing NRL footy shorts with trunk undies and only realising later on that the trunks actually extend lower than the shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back