Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does not compute.

Plate holder? For plate shoulder raises? What?

You mean he was lifting a 20kg barbell plate over his head?
He had the barbell placed on a lower rack, with a 20kg plate on each side. Grabbed one on the right side, did a few shoulder raises, placed it away. Took ******* forever on his resting time, grabbed the other 20kg plate, did a few shoulder raises, and then he was done with the squat rack.

Not over his head, across the front of his body, until the arms are 90 degrees to the chest, back down.

Guy stalks the gym watching the Power game and starts talking to anyone within sight about anything. Has the most obnoxious laugh you have ever heard. Looks like Angry Anderson.

guys who make eye contact as you go to a machine

walked up to the bench press today, it was empty, no towel or sign of use, but as I reach it a guy on the seated chest press machine shoots me a glance

like wtf bro, did I just steal your bench? are you super setting?

its just awkward bud, keep your eyes straight

Asian girl (or guy? I honestly couldn't tell) at gym tonight was doing 2kg dumbell curls with her right arm whilst she was doing s**t on her phone with her left arm. Then when she finished her set, she'd just swap the dumbell and her phone over. Later on, I saw her doing laying hamstring curls on the machine and using her phone at the same time.

Superior mind/muscle connection.

4QEI24E.jpg

Now that mad monday is done and dusted, I've been reminded footy brahs are up there with the absolute scum of the lifting world. Thankfully unsighted during football season, these obnoxious, loud, dick heads congregate en masse from September to December and seem to think the entire free weights area (and postcode) are interested in their inane drivel. It also really ronnies my colemans they hog equipment for an eternity as they exchange witty ripostes over which piece of meat they dragged home from clubbing last night was the fairest of them all.

haha, genuine lulz. :thumbsu:

On a related matter, those kipping pull-ups crossfiters do would have to be the most ridiculous exercise ever invented.

This.

Similarly, those "muscle-ups", where people go over the bar too. Don't see it often, but you occasionally see people doing them (usually a w*nkerish, show-off PT), and while it's an impressive feat (I struggle to do regular pull-ups for reps), it's a movement that just screams of "look at me!" as well.

Now that mad monday is done and dusted, I've been reminded footy brahs are up there with the absolute scum of the lifting world. Thankfully unsighted during football season, these obnoxious, loud, dick heads congregate en masse from September to December and seem to think the entire free weights area (and postcode) are interested in their inane drivel. It also really ronnies my colemans they hog equipment for an eternity as they exchange witty ripostes over which piece of meat they dragged home from clubbing last night was the fairest of them all.

Hey, us footy players aren't all bad :p and some of us push through the cold wintery days and lift all year round!

But yes i will agree between footy players training in the off season, summer music festivals and the get fit for summer crew gyms are a lot busier these days. Training in the morning is the best.

Generally speaking in busy times people doing exercises really close to the dumbbell rack and using benches as seats, or to mind there towel, drink bottle etc

This.

Similarly, those "muscle-ups", where people go over the bar too. Don't see it often, but you occasionally see people doing them (usually a w*nkerish, show-off PT), and while it's an impressive feat (I struggle to do regular pull-ups for reps), it's a movement that just screams of "look at me!" as well.

Yeh but it is an incredible upper body workout - look at the lightbulb development of male gymnasts brother (is very showboating thought)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh but it is an incredible upper body workout - look at the lightbulb development of male gymnasts brother (is very showboating thought)

Yeah I get that, but pulling out a couple of random reps when people are around (as I've seen some PTs do) is just showing off.

i have in recent times experienced different people due to my haphazard session times. they vary from 6am, 1pm, 4pm, 8pm

8pm i have become a regular. some ripped blokes who speak loudly and formed a clique. nice guys by and large. friendly atmosphere.

4pm looks like students. slipper type shoes/long black socks (well normal business sock length)/pascal coloured shorts/shirts youd find at stereosonic or other festivals, tradies

6am. well assortment of people. a real pot pouri. everyones too sleepy to show off or attention seek.

People doing 100's of sit ups, side crunches etc no doubt to get there 6 pac in time for summer!

Not really annoying or irritating for me, just an overrated exercise(s)

My Gym's squished all the equipment together to add in 4 power racks but also a huge amount of space for stupid crossfit s**t (I think). I dunno, the power racks have rings and stuff, and they've got like a huge rope in the middle with kettlebells, medicine balls.

I mean, I've never had a problem with having only 2 squat racks, I usually can use them, but having the power racks would be nice I suppose. But * me, everything is like squished together, got to carefully walk between two people who are benching next to eachother, got to move benches and put them together to do some bent over barbell rows.

And they've essentially sold out. Placed all this s**t just so they can get all the women who don't have day jobs to do a bunch of fitness classes during the day, while they plank the whole time and then go and use up all the exercise machines.

You know the clatter noise when people drop the weights after a long set? Well, i don't really have a problem with it, but there was a guy in today letting it happen after every rep. :eek: Really irritating. *loud clunk* unff *loud clunk* unff *loud clunk* unff...

My Gym's squished all the equipment together to add in 4 power racks but also a huge amount of space for stupid crossfit s**t (I think). I dunno, the power racks have rings and stuff, and they've got like a huge rope in the middle with kettlebells, medicine balls.

I mean, I've never had a problem with having only 2 squat racks, I usually can use them, but having the power racks would be nice I suppose. But **** me, everything is like squished together, got to carefully walk between two people who are benching next to eachother, got to move benches and put them together to do some bent over barbell rows.

And they've essentially sold out. Placed all this s**t just so they can get all the women who don't have day jobs to do a bunch of fitness classes during the day, while they plank the whole time and then go and use up all the exercise machines.
New gym I'm going to is pretty good, but they have their equipment too close, if I want to add plates to my squat rack, I need to keep an eye out for the other squat rack, its too close.

You know the clatter noise when people drop the weights after a long set? Well, i don't really have a problem with it, but there was a guy in today letting it happen after every rep. :eek: Really irritating. *loud clunk* unff *loud clunk* unff *loud clunk* unff...
Well there are acceptable times for that like doing max deadlifts and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back