Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
weedy ferker in today. bicep curls with dumb bells. obviously too heavy, starting upright standing, at one stage of the exercise his back was at 45 degrees (leaning back).
Noticed it Friday afternoon - one guy had a 20kg plate, a 15kg plate & the 8kg dumbells sitting on the top tier of the dumbell rack just so he could use them easier.
No clue.

Noticed it Friday afternoon - one guy had a 20kg plate, a 15kg plate & the 8kg dumbells sitting on the top tier of the dumbell rack just so he could use them easier.
No clue.

People who must use dumbbells or reloaded barbells in front of the rack so no one else can the other ones they're standing in front of.

Just take a few steps back

People who must use dumbbells or reloaded barbells in front of the rack so no one else can the other ones they're standing in front of.

Noticed the January influx of this too this morning. A forceful "excuse me" tends to make people move.

One of my biggest gripes, especially when its busy.

Secondly, why do people feel the need to bring their protein powder/pre work out and mix it up in the gym, turning the gym into a scene from breaking bad. I think its so they can "show off" - have a look at me.

One of my biggest gripes, especially when its busy.

Secondly, why do people feel the need to bring their protein powder/pre work out and mix it up in the gym, turning the gym into a scene from breaking bad. I think its so they can "show off" - have a look at me.
I mix my pre workout at the gym. Reason being it has heaps of beta alanine and I don't like feeling like there are bugs crawling under my skin while I'm driving.

I probably look like a total tool (as you've described) but meh.

I mix my pre workout at the gym. Reason being it has heaps of beta alanine and I don't like feeling like there are bugs crawling under my skin while I'm driving.

Fair enough, it just seems to be a common occurence at my gym, i would just find it a pain in the ass more than anything. I suppose im lucky that i live 5 minutes from the gym so can take pre/post work out drinks at home.

While i'm at it. Spot the wanna be body builder if the stringer singlet and little shorts don't give it away look for the bloke lifting the heaviest weight with the smallest range of motion. There was a bloke in my gym last night exactly like this. Worst of all he was doing DB rows off the rack when it was busy, then he left all the weights on top of each other and not in order after he finished. :mad:

hehe. Happens to me to me every day. Half way to the gym and start getting itchy face.

Nothing is more frustrating than being stuck in a traffic jam and you can feel the beta alinine wearing off.

Only had that feeling the first time I took it :S

Only had that feeling the first time I took it :S
BPMLabs-TheOne-Watermellon-400x500.png

the niacin and beta alanine tingle from this stuff can make for some uncomfortable driving experiences

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been taking my GF to the gym with me for a couple of sessions which means for the first time in 3-4 years I'm training without headphones in, **** me the grunting and primitive conversation topics are unbearable

It's fuxking undbareable I forgot my head phones last week -

What does it do?
Contains caffeine, creatine, arginine alphaketoglutarate (AAKG), beta alanine and high quantities of niacin. Should be consumed on an empty stomach and is an excellent source of fuel for a maximum capacity workout, particularly good for early morning training sessions.

Contains caffeine, creatine, arginine alphaketoglutarate (AAKG), beta alanine and high quantities of niacin. Should be consumed on an empty stomach and is an excellent source of fuel for a maximum capacity workout, particularly good for early morning training sessions.

Looks like it's stuff I need

Would it work for football? Also would it be harmful to a 15 year old?

What does it do?
just gives you a really good energy boost.

Us old farts need all the help we can get.

If you've never had a pre- workout drink before I guarantee it'll put an instant 20kg on your squat and deadlift. Mrs Contra will probably appreciate the new you when you get home as well ;)

just gives you a really good energy boost.

Us old farts need all the help we can get.

If you've never had a pre- workout drink before I guarantee it'll put an instant 20kg on your squat and deadlift. Mrs Contra will probably appreciate the new you when you get home as well ;)

Is that the experience that you had when taking a PWO for the first time in general or just when you took that particular product?

I'm asking because I've never taken a PWO mixture like that before (I just use Creatine and am fully saturated with it) and as a result of managing elbow tendonitis last year I haven't increased my flat bench press sincethen. I've worked my way up to the same weight that I had pre-injury and reached a plateau. In my case would taking a PWO such as the one you do help me bust out of my bench press plateau?

Would it work for football? Also would it be harmful to a 15 year old?
There was a stage where all the AFL players were dosing up big time on caffeine so this product may have some benefits. It's probably the equivalent of 3 (small) cans of red bull (without the sugar and calories) so I wouldn't advise someone under the age of 18 to be drinking it reguarly
Is that the experience that you had when taking a PWO for the first time in general or just when you took that particular product?

I'm asking because I've never taken a PWO mixture like that before (I just use Creatine and am fully saturated with it) and as a result of managing elbow tendonitis last year I haven't increased my flat bench press sincethen. I've worked my way up to the same weight that I had pre-injury and reached a plateau. In my case would taking a PWO such as the one you do help me bust out of my bench press plateau?
There's a lot of PWO that will help you overcome a plateau, The One is probably the strongest. Maybe start with something like mesomorph which isn't as hardcore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back