Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i mentioned someone on this site that i was asked to attend an assessment session with a PT. i agreed, but with a view to use him for information and advice. made it clear from last weeks chat that i wasnt gonna sign up to PT. anyway, the assessment happened. man they are good. no mention of signing up at the start, just trying to manipulate conversation into "goals". i told him i dont have goals per se, just enjoy gym work. did measurements etc. i gave him a little bait, told him if anything wanted to gain more muscle lol. without offering me advice on what exercises to do, suggested that PT can help achieve that. in terms of timeline threw out an arbitary future date for goal attainment. lol.

he went through PT packs and pricing at the end. i switched off. then reiterated my stance. he said hed call in a month. lol.

in addition, ive figured out how PTs get clients. if they cant sign u up immediately, theyll hang around and make an effort to say gday to you subsequently hoping youll feel guilty

Seems to be an influx of people who don't use towels on equipment lately, far more than usual.
I find it a little annoying although my towel covers the surface so no big issue. More a courtesy thing really.

Seems to be an influx of people who don't use towels on equipment lately, far more than usual.
I find it a little annoying although my towel covers the surface so no big issue. More a courtesy thing really.

do they at least use disinfectant to clean the bench after use?

do they at least use disinfectant to clean the bench after use?
A couple do, most don't. We have a big disinfectant spray bottle & paper towel dispenser in the corner

The main thing i use a towel for is to mind my spot, so some moron doesn't come along and take my spot!

Theres one bloke i see at my gym from time to time, not the full quid but battles away. He does't use a towel, wonders around a lot and chats to people in between sets. Without fail i see 2-3 times him going up to people saying he is still going as they've unknowingly taken his spot on the squat rack or machine (to their defense he leaves nothing there to say he is still going, like a towel, drink bottle) and goes MIA for 3-4 minutes at a time.

The main thing i use a towel for is to mind my spot, so some moron doesn't come along and take my spot!

Theres one bloke i see at my gym from time to time, not the full quid but battles away. He does't use a towel, wonders around a lot and chats to people in between sets. Without fail i see 2-3 times him going up to people saying he is still going as they've unknowingly taken his spot on the squat rack or machine (to their defense he leaves nothing there to say he is still going, like a towel, drink bottle) and goes MIA for 3-4 minutes at a time.
I'd probably tell him to take a hike.

A bloke doing bicep curls in the squat, he only had 5kg plates each side. This aint on, if you curling in the squat rack minimum 1 x 20kg plate each side.

what if you're curling 19kg each side?

wait, bicep curls in the squat rack area?

Haha cheeky....you get my idea most gyms have the prefixed barbells from 15kg to 45kg so the bloke could of used one those. But for some bigger guys 45kg is not enough so a barbell with 20kg each side (well maybe 15kg each side minimum) which is 50kg, plates plus the bar is what they need.

Haha cheeky....you get my idea most gyms have the prefixed barbells from 15kg to 45kg so the bloke could of used one those. But for some bigger guys 45kg is not enough so a barbell with 20kg each side (well maybe 15kg each side minimum) which is 50kg, plates plus the bar is what they need.

why would someone do bicep curls in a squat machine area? that's bs. taking away the equipment that someone else can use

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't see how that necessitates using the squat machine area though...

Don't see how that necessitates using the squat machine area though...

In the rare instance you are "too strong" for the pre fixed barbells, then curling in the squat is OK. If a gym has prefixed barbells that go to 50kg and you can do them for 20 reps, but you want to do a weight for 6-8 reps aside from using dumbbells the other option is to use a squat rack and bar. The only instance, and very rare instance that curling in the squat rack is permitted.

They could move away from the squat rack, but if they are going to use the bar my gym doesn't have spares so may as well stay in the squat.

But the main point is this bloke was only doing the bar plus 5kg each side, he could of used one of the pre fixed barbells.

my gym has an assortment of pre-loaded straight bars up to 100lbs, and unloaded ez-bars and other shorter bars for bullshit exercises like curling that we can still load olympic plates on. due to this, dickheads curling with the olympic bars is a rare thing thankfully, particularly when I'm there between 7-8am. on the once a year occasion I do see it, it has been a couple of annoying dumb * 1st year uni students or just dumb*s in general. if i ever need to squat or dead while these blokes are curling on these olympic bars, i reckon I would tell them to take their 5kg washers over to the curling bars or use the pre-loads.

There is a guy at my gym whose BO is so putrid it hangs around after he leaves. The night shift guy had a talk to him and he was pretty apologetic. He is now too embarassed to come at Sparrows Fart when he normally did!

There is a guy at my gym whose BO is so putrid it hangs around after he leaves. The night shift guy had a talk to him and he was pretty apologetic. He is now too embarassed to come at Sparrows Fart when he normally did!

so he used to come in first thing in morning? that's when he smelt? maybe he didnt shower, or came off manual labour night shift. god thats bad.

does he go in any other time?

so he used to come in first thing in morning? that's when he smelt? maybe he didnt shower, or came off manual labour night shift. god thats bad.

does he go in any other time?

It was so bad it must be a medical condition - he comes with the hoardes at 8PM now - leaving us 4am types alone - which is probably worse

Now that I train at home I cant post in here.. but I will say..

My neighbor's ******* cat keeps creeping up on me mid-set... I looked in the mirror and it was just starring into my soul..

Do not for the life of me understand going to the gym with your boy/girlfriend. It's fine if you go and do your own thing, but who even kisses between sets and hovers around using the same machine and alternates? Such an inefficient use of time. You have to keep changing the weights, the heights etc. Ridiculous. Maybe work on your independence before your body...

The one single time I did that, I barely acknowledged him sans a cheeky wink here or there. I can live without communication for 1 hr but unsure if these people can.

Do not for the life of me understand going to the gym with your boy/girlfriend. It's fine if you go and do your own thing, but who even kisses between sets and hovers around using the same machine and alternates? Such an inefficient use of time. You have to keep changing the weights, the heights etc. Ridiculous. Maybe work on your independence before your body...

The one single time I did that, I barely acknowledged him sans a cheeky wink here or there. I can live without communication for 1 hr but unsure if these people can.

i hate couples who go to teh gym too including those who give cheeky winks. leave the flirting at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back