Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
people who do handstands at gym. or walk on their hands.

I do this pretty regularly. Walking on my feet is too mainstream.

Something else that grinds my gears: People who skip. Why the * can you not skip at home? I don't even care if you stay in one spot, but this one guy has a tendency to move around a bit. The rope whipped my arm and it hurt.

It's hard to incorporate home workouts once you go the gym. You just don't get into it. Best to do everything in one period of time.

There's nothing wrong with skipping as part of a workout…

Said skipper should remain in one spot, though.

No issue with skipping unless you move all over the spot. This isn't the playground.

People who plonk their stuff on a bench that they aren't using.
E.g. bloke doing curls in the squat rack puts his towel, bag, gloves, drink bottle on a bench that's next to the squat rack.

People who plonk their stuff on a bench that they aren't using.
E.g. bloke doing curls in the squat rack puts his towel, bag, gloves, drink bottle on a bench that's next to the squat rack.
Double fail! Curls in the squat rack should be able to be reported to management for them to warn people.

Double fail! Curls in the squat rack should be able to be reported to management for them to warn people.

Remember, for them to be able to be doing curls in the squat rack, there would have had to be nobody using the rack for squats or anything else in the first place...

The curls in the squat rack was a hypothetical, but agreed.

My gym has a rack of dumbbells, and some bloke was there tonight doing curls right in front of the rack. IMO grab your weights, and get the * out of the way so others can access the weights.

Saw a chick a few weeks ago doing these weird pelvic thrust things in the quad extension machine, one of the stranger things i have ever seen.

Some background, my gym is a little 24/7 gym and has alot of people who are clearly new to gyms (no idea of etiquette etc).

Anyway dude last night had his circuit set up (which is fine) except that he had three lots of dumbbells plus the preacher curl bar around a bench he didn't use then had his towel and water bottle on two machines he used as part of his circuit. Gym was busy enough that people wanted to use the machines but were too intimidated to ask him to move them, finally someone just went on one of the machines and this dude cracks it, drops his weights and runs over to tell the guy off. Just general dickhead behavior and unfortunately the gym isn't staffed. Do your stupid 85 exercise arm circuit late at night bro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do not for the life of me understand going to the gym with your boy/girlfriend. It's fine if you go and do your own thing, but who even kisses between sets and hovers around using the same machine and alternates? Such an inefficient use of time. You have to keep changing the weights, the heights etc. Ridiculous. Maybe work on your independence before your body...

The one single time I did that, I barely acknowledged him sans a cheeky wink here or there. I can live without communication for 1 hr but unsure if these people can.

I go to the gym with my wife, we do cardio seperately but work in together on weight exercises. Its a bit two fold 1- She is pretty inexperienced in a gym setting so i help with spotting and form 2- We can grab one bench and work in rather than two benches and take up more space. We do alot of heavier stuff seperately (bench press etc) though.

I tend to agree with you overall but think we (my wife and i) might be an exception (im sure everyone at our gym agrees with me...lol), there is also no PDA, im a get in, do your s**t and get out, type of gym goer. I despise people who sit on there phone or come in with four mates and talk s**t in between sets.

Saw a chick a few weeks ago doing these weird pelvic thrust things in the quad extension machine, one of the stranger things i have ever seen.

Some background, my gym is a little 24/7 gym and has alot of people who are clearly new to gyms (no idea of etiquette etc).

Anyway dude last night had his circuit set up (which is fine) except that he had three lots of dumbbells plus the preacher curl bar around a bench he didn't use then had his towel and water bottle on two machines he used as part of his circuit. Gym was busy enough that people wanted to use the machines but were too intimidated to ask him to move them, finally someone just went on one of the machines and this dude cracks it, drops his weights and runs over to tell the guy off. Just general dickhead behavior and unfortunately the gym isn't staffed. Do your stupid 85 exercise arm circuit late at night bro.

What a flog. As you said, if you're gonna do big circuits like that, you've got to do it when the gym is dead, not during peak hours. Hope the other bloke told the circuit flog where to go when he stormed over.

What a flog. As you said, if you're gonna do big circuits like that, you've got to do it when the gym is dead, not during peak hours. Hope the other bloke told the circuit flog where to go when he stormed over.

Unfortunately the guy who jumped on his machine was clearly a noob (alot of them at my gym) and just sort of apologized and went to do some cardio. In hindsight i probably should have said something.

Unfortunately the guy who jumped on his machine was clearly a noob (alot of them at my gym) and just sort of apologized and went to do some cardio. In hindsight i probably should have said something.

What a campaigner circuit guy sounds like.

I pretty much don't bother going to my gym between 3PM and 7PM. Highly unlikely to get the equipment I want.

no and yes. i think you in hindsight did the wrong thing. you waited till today to post your account. you shoulve posted about it last night!

One bloke I saw last night:

Wearing a polar fleece jumper, jeans and runners. Looks like Coach Taylor from Friday Night Lights.
Spends 20 minutes leaning over a bench doing wrist curls with 1kg-2kg DBs and stretching next to the pec-deck(?) machine.
Worst part was when he was grunting excessively when doing seated rows and lat pulldown. I don't know what it is about grunting/groaning in the gym, but it annoys the s**t out of me. Very distracting IMO.

Wearing a polar fleece jumper, jeans and runners. Looks like Coach Taylor from Friday Night Lights.
Spends 20 minutes leaning over a bench doing wrist curls with 1kg-2kg DBs and stretching next to the pec-deck(?) machine.
Worst part was when he was grunting excessively when doing seated rows and lat pulldown. I don't know what it is about grunting/groaning in the gym, but it annoys the s**t out of me. Very distracting IMO.
Grunters :mad: I don't have a problem people grunting on squats, deads or other compound exercises. Or the last couple of reps of the last set of an exercise. The ones that grunt every rep of every exercise though :rolleyes: I've one at the gym I encounter Tuesday nights. You'd all know the type - singlet to show the guns, pants to full cover the legs, grunts through just about every rep of every set of the arms workout. Mentally I call him gruntee. Im sure one day I'll slip and just say 'hey gruntee'.

I walked into the gym this morning, there was barely anyone around and i could hear a bloke loudly counting his reps. It was a bit weird, because i couldn't see him until i looked and saw him on the lying leg curl.

Wrist curls are a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back