Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonight the gym i frequent was dead as. perhaps at most 10 people. perfect.

I was at the gym at 6pm a few people there around 10 maybe, by 6;30 it was only 2-3 others. Compared to the previous night there was around 20 at the same time. I do notice as the week progresses peoples gym motivation must decrease. I reckon Friday nights are the quietest night of the week.

I was at the gym at 6pm a few people there around 10 maybe, by 6;30 it was only 2-3 others. Compared to the previous night there was around 20 at the same time. I do notice as the week progresses peoples gym motivation must decrease. I reckon Friday nights are the quietest night of the week.

good post. have been at gym on a saturday night, around 11 and it was quiet, some lifters.

sunday night is a good time also

Yeh, gym is starting to pack out at the normal times.

Wednesday night was atrocious in the free weight area, packed with guys just being flogs (standing over the weight racks, double hogging benches, grunting and carrying on). I feel bad for any girls coming in cause the way these flogs were carrying on it must be intimidating to come into the free weights area.

Tis a glorious feeling when the gym is dead quiet

Unless you go to one of those 24/7 gyms that's empty by midnight, but still pumps shitty dance music at ear-splitting volume like it's a nightclub.

Last edited:
Unless you go to one of those 24/7 gyms that's empty by midnight, but still pumps shitty dance music at ear-splitting volume like it's a nightclub.
Mine is like that, but I just bring headphones and wack a Spotify playlist on. I'm usually in the gym at night, and it's usually quite dead.

It's funny the people you see at night. The other night there was this dude showing his mate (who was obviously a first timer) how to workout/do some exercises.

Firstly, he had him doing shrugs on the machine. Had him "rolling" his shoulders back. Then he went on to show him some forearm exercises. Solid workout. Feel sorry for the kid because learning that is probably all he knows going forward.

3 people in gym. 2 males and 1 female. now i dont know if she was really attractive, but you know when the sample size is small, situational bias kicks in. i watched the scene unfold.

male looks at female. female looks back. male smiles, looks away. male regrets looking away as may have missed a return smile. male and female finish work out and make way to stretching area. no words exchanged, nervous energy between them palpable. glances not exchanged, male packs and walks out tail between legs.

Mine is like that, but I just bring headphones and wack a Spotify playlist on. I'm usually in the gym at night, and it's usually quite dead.

It's funny the people you see at night. The other night there was this dude showing his mate (who was obviously a first timer) how to workout/do some exercises.

Firstly, he had him doing shrugs on the machine. Had him "rolling" his shoulders back. Then he went on to show him some forearm exercises. Solid workout. Feel sorry for the kid because learning that is probably all he knows going forward.

This annoys me when people do this, you either push or pull muscles you don't roll them :mad:

And forearm exercises are a waste of time, particularly for newbies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 people in gym. 2 males and 1 female. now i dont know if she was really attractive, but you know when the sample size is small, situational bias kicks in. i watched the scene unfold.

male looks at female. female looks back. male smiles, looks away. male regrets looking away as may have missed a return smile. male and female finish work out and make way to stretching area. no words exchanged, nervous energy between them palpable. glances not exchanged, male packs and walks out tail between legs.
Better luck next time peter

And forearm exercises are a waste of time, particularly for newbies
Yep. I've never done an "arm day", and I probably never will. Maybe if I ever get to an advanced level (unlikely). Yet my arms are easily what has grown the most.

Male goes back at same time every night for a week, hoping she appears again so that he can make up for his missed opportunity, but to no avail.

this one bloke had opportunity present 2 thursdays ago. a next door type azn female patron working out with a trainer who i know. they finish, and the bloke occupies an area near the exit, and she has to walk past. awkward glances exchanged, and she smiles at him and looks at him. he is nervous now and doesnt make eye contact.

opportunity lost.

Yep. I've never done an "arm day", and I probably never will. Maybe if I ever get to an advanced level (unlikely). Yet my arms are easily what has grown the most.
Finishing with farmer's walks a couple of days per week (plus deadlifts) tend to do enough for my forearms

Finishing with farmer's walks a couple of days per week (plus deadlifts) tend to do enough for my forearms

How heavy should you go for the farmers walk - and how many "reps"

How heavy should you go for the farmers walk - and how many "reps"
I just use the biggest kettleballs I can find and walk - at the moment I'm probably doing 25-30m x 4
Prefer kettleballs to dumbells because the grips are much fatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back