IRS - Australia v Ireland Game 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Naitanui to pole-axe an Irishman, headlines tomorrow read 'Nic-Nat Paddy Whack'.

o_O:p

8y4fpEA.png

Another match where Mitchell was better than Hodge but the football personalities saw it otherwise. Maybe the umpires aren't always the worst judges. They must be taking the piss with Fletcher getting three times as many votes as Riewoldt.

By far the best the Aussies have looked with the round ball tonight. Remove the handball limit. Get a seasoned Goalkeeper from a local semi pro soccer team and field an Irish team not full of these supposed 'Mayo' guys and it would be quite the spectacle.

And for more of the same, pay a visit to the cricket threads.

Such a shame we can't enjoy watching together our great Australian athletes without all this OTT rivalry taking over.
Funny I don't have a problem with you on the cricket board but come footy season you can suck eggs;):p

Tonight really made me think that the IRS worth pursuing. I reckon that fans from both sides will complain that the series unfairly favours the other country when they are getting flogged but the Aussie First half and the Irish fight back was proof to me that players from both codes can succeed in this format.

Off the top of my head I think the rule balance is struck reasonably fairly between the two Codes. Our blokes have to get accustomed to a round ball, square field, and having a goalkeeper. They have to get used to a higher physical intensity in terms of tackles and the whole marking contest(I think. someone correct me if wrong) plus our professional players would tend to have

Overall, A full house, good standard of play and no injuries made for a very entertaining evening of footy on my end. If the popularity increases enough down under, It would be good to change the series to a a best of three format like the NRL State of Origin. Would also be great to get a few more of the Irish AFL players in the one team but thats just my personal preference :D

I didn't really care who won but admit it was entertaining seeing some quality AFL players playing together.

Does it have a future after tonight?

First half a bit ho-hum as a spectacle with Aussie's completely dominating and Irish playing s**t.
Second half some great passages but sitting close to ground level not a fan of the Mexican pharking wave getting rained on by half drunk plastic cups of piss
and chucked in the air,Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie Oi Oi Oi half drunk drongos standing in front of punters,then standing on their chairs in front of punters.
Will watch on tele next time I'd say;crowd too different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First half a bit ho-hum as a spectacle with Aussie's completely dominating and Irish playing s**t.
Second half some great passages but sitting close to ground level not a fan of the Mexican pharking wave getting rained on by half drunk plastic cups of piss
and chucked in the air,Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie Oi Oi Oi half drunk drongos standing in front of punters,then standing on their chairs in front of punters.
Will watch on tele next time I'd say;crowd too different.
lol, someone else on here said it was the best game they've ever been to and I thought wtf, probably one those drongos

I like the concept and always watch, but i would prefer an all star type game as a real showcase of the best talent in the game playing the game they love.

IR will never shake the gimmicky feel it has

It's a stupid game let's face it.
Near as boring as the cricket.
We should get them to field an AFL team with the intention of getting other countries to play AFL too, have a World Series every now and then. Bring good players to australia.
This mutant game is pathetic and an embarrassment.

Mitchell is just a natural. It doesn't matter how short and slow he is.
He just knows where to run and how to slip away from a tackle.

Nick Naitanui is embarrassing everyone who questioned his selection. He is a freak.

Very surprised that Nic Nat didn't poll well in the Stynes Medal....He set the entire game up from start to finish out of the middle everytime.....Under-rated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back