Is Abbott using MH17 tragedy as his 'Tampa'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine Australia's response if good little communist Gillard was still PM, and look at me! look at me! Rudd was Foreign Minister? She'd be adding insult to injury with her wooden faced insincerity. He'd be all over the news at the Cremlin with one of those silly furry hats on - talking indecipherable waffle and acting like the world is relying on him alone to avert WW3.

Imagine Australia's response if good little communist Gillard was still PM, and look at me! look at me! Rudd was Foreign Minister? She'd be adding insult to injury with her wooden faced insincerity. He'd be all over the news at the Cremlin with one of those silly furry hats on - talking indecipherable waffle and acting like the world is relying on him alone to avert WW3.
Yep because Tone is so far from 'wooden-faced insincerity'. How good would Kev look outside the Kremlin in a furry hat. Eh? Now you're talking.

Gold star for you for actually understanding what this whole issue is about.

This whole Ukraine situation is about natural gas and pipelines.
You honestly believe Abbott has the faintest inkling of any link?
I'm surprised.
Abbott is solely concerned with retention of power.
He spent his entire life yearning for it and now he can see it evaporating into the ether.
He is desperate to hang on as long as possible, because he knows once he has lost it he will disappear from the landscape like a puff of acrid white powder from a sun baked turd under a lawnmower.

A nod to Shorten - well done to him in supporting the Australian government through this harrowing event. However its a shame Plibersek couldn't rise above it. She will never change. One legacy of the Gillard years seems to be that the ALP female contingent seem to think a sneering, nasty and impolite disposition somehow shows them to be “strong”. I think it does the opposite.

A nod to Shorten - well done to him in supporting the Australian government through this harrowing event. However its a shame Plibersek couldn't rise above it. She will never change. One legacy of the Gillard years seems to be that the ALP female contingent seem to think a sneering, nasty and impolite disposition somehow shows them to be “strong”. I think it does the opposite.

Kinda like "death stare" Julie Bishop and Amanda Vanstone?

Kinda like "death stare" Julie Bishop and Amanda Vanstone?
You forgot the Senate slag hag Bronwin.
If she was an umpire she'd be in prison in India for life.

I reckon Tania looks great. Calm and composed. Presents well. Speaks well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only very bitter minded people or those so biased they cannot form a rational judgment would believe anything other than Tony Abbott, Julie Bishop, Kim Beazley, Gary Quinlan and the Australian diplomatic staff have done a great job in getting Security Council Resolution 2166 passed unanimously inside 3 days.

Only very bitter minded people or those so biased they cannot form a rational judgment would believe anything other than Tony Abbott, Julie Bishop, Kim Beazley, Gary Quinlan and the Australian diplomatic staff have done a great job in getting Security Council Resolution 2166 passed unanimously inside 3 days.

Agree - you must be happy Kevin got that Security Council seat, eh Lester?

Abbott is a crap politician, I think this will be his downfall.

He could have implemented his agenda without expending his political capital so quickly or signing his likely early political death warrant.

Plus, this Russian saga is too far removed from little Australia, no matter how statesmanship -like Abbott performs it won't be enough to improve his political fortunes.

As a reference point, Anna Bligh was wiped out despite her (lauded) handling of the Brisbane floods. There just ain't no political gains to be found outside of the xenophobia/bigotry/racism themes commonly used by the conservatives. Abbot should know this.

Not defending the Russians here, as this may well be crap...

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/24518106/ukrainian-fighter-jet-near-plane-before-crash/

If Abbott has gone off half-cocked here, he is going to look awfully stupid.

lol i doubt he cares mate, there's few implications for Australia if there's a thawing of its relationship with Russia. And for the opposite reason this is why Europe is much more timid with its dealing with Russia, and why the US' response is more strident (geography, less economic ties/consequences.)

Still I doubt the Europeans are happy with a loudmouth like Tony interfering in their affairs. Luckily for us nobody takes Tony seriously .

Relax.

Your postings really are an argument against the theory of human evolution!

lol i doubt he cares mate, there's few implications for Australia if there's a thawing of its relationship with Russia. And for the opposite reason this is why Europe is much more timid with its dealing with Russia, and why the US' response is more strident (geography, less economic ties/consequences.)

Still I doubt the Europeans are happy with a loudmouth like Tony interfering in their affairs. Luckily for us nobody takes Tony seriously .

Relax.

1.) I'm not your mate.
2.) Foreign diplomacy seems beyond you.
3.) You don't know if I am relaxed or not.
4.) refers to sig.

Don't talk about Randy Mandy like that

No doubt that she would be a frog in a sock ;)

1.) I'm not your mate.
2.) Foreign diplomacy seems beyond you.
3.) You don't know if I am relaxed or not.
4.) refers to sig.

No doubt that she would be a frog in a sock ;)

^^^^^

This is what I'm taking about Donners et al....habitual, wholly unessecary playing of the man, which inevitably leads to bickering and derailment of threads.....then the bloke has the hide to think he is some kind of well supported moral authority on here.

It's sickening and his continuing presence reflects poorly on all concerned in my opinion.

^^^^^

This is what I'm taking about Donners et al....habitual, wholly unessecary playing of the man, which inevitably leads to bickering and derailment of threads.....then the bloke has the hide to think he is some kind of well supported moral authority on here.

It's sickening and his continuing presence reflects poorly on all concerned in my opinion.

Give it a rest.

Firstly, he is most definitely not my mate. He trolls our board with rubbish, and only ever appears after a loss. Go figure.

Secondly, he offered a patronising lecture on foreign diplomacy which was absurd. This is YOUR thread and YOUR premise is that Abbott is using this tragedy for political gain. Yes?

It seems now that with American Intelligence reports being extremely cautious in directly pointing the finger at Russia and using carefully crafted language in implying that it MAY be the case, that Abbott's initial strident and aggressive rhetoric towards Russia may have been misplaced.

Yes?

Egg on face time for any International leader who went off half-cocked on the global stage.

Thirdly, how would you, he, or anyone else know if I was relaxed?

Lastly, do you rate Colin Sylvia? I mean really?

Last edited:
Communist?

Rudd is due credit, he had the foresight to push for a security council seat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back