Is Buddy Franklin the second best player in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Stifler's mom

Premium Platinum
Jan 29, 2007
Glen Iris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
liverpool - Walk On!
In my opinion he has gone past Pendles, Selwood and everyone else previously rated above him.
Turns games like no other.

Clearly this is not based on the 1st half of the Giants game.
I think it's time that he receives the recognition that he deserves.

I'm sure many will say he needs to do it consistently over a few seasons at this level, but I'm calling it now!

Absolute freakshow!

Absolute freak.. Love watching him turn it on. He's human wrecking ball.

Get wrecked.

He's the best forward, fairly easily too.

What that makes him league wide, I don't know but his 2011 was clearly better than this year so far and his 2012 was just as good, if not marginally better. Wherever he is, he's been there for a while.

Buddy's output is no different to his last few years at the hawks - 3 goals a game and 16 odd possessions. What has changed?
Hawks fans have stopped rating him.

I thought 11 goals against GWS was meant to be par for a key forward?

It's hard to rank him exactly because it's hard to measure the value of forwards against mids. He is definitely the best forward in the game though and has been for years.
Poor Jack. Everyone is so mean to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks fans have stopped rating him.

Nonsense. Any hawks fan I know remains gutted that he left, and know that he'll make Sydney a much better team.

As for the question from the OP - he's the best player in the league IMO. Ablett, Pendlebury and others are difficult to stop when they're on form, Buddy is nigh on impossible to stop and has won/will continue to win big games off his own boot.

No, have people forgot his first few games of this season already where he basically did bugger all. I'd say Pendlebury would be comfortably above him and probably a few others too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back