Is Col Sylvia finished? Yes. Did Col Sylvia ever start?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
I know he's no longer a demon but I still follow his career and would like to hear where people stand on this. Will he play again? What's going through his head? Will he see his contract out?

I thought he'd win a Brownlow once upon a time.

or he just thought he could waltz into a team and win a flag . Good ridence !!
Meh, Sylvia doesn't have to try Fremantle made the mistake of singing him up on a lucrative contract. I'm sure he's happy just to stuff his face and play WAFL footy leading into a well saved up retirement in perth. call me crazy but a theory i have is he's just going over there to ensure a nice transition out of football, although the premiership might have been luring as well.

Call me crazy again because i think if he decides to start taking AFL footy seriously again i reckon he can make it back

Call me crazy again because i think if he decides to start taking AFL footy seriously again i reckon he can make it back

That's not crazy at all. He's got the talent - he's just never been able to apply it consistently without going off the rails.

The problem is that it's hard to see him taking it seriously. It's a long way back if he's going to play AFL again.

That's crazy.

I'm amazed that Ross Lyon thought he could get anything useful out of Colin. It's got to be one of the worst calls of his coaching career. Colin has no drive to succeed or work ethic.

I could even see them trying to trade him back to Richmond, Essendon or North next year.

Would be quite surprised if that happened. He'll be 30, and if he's on the trade table it means he's spent two seasons on the pine at Freo. Doubt many clubs would be interested in him - a team developing a list wouldn't want someone like him around and the Premiership hopefuls would look at what he added to Freo's credentials and probably decide to spend their tickets elsewhere.

Would be quite surprised if that happened. He'll be 30, and if he's on the trade table it means he's spent two seasons on the pine at Freo. Doubt many clubs would be interested in him - a team developing a list wouldn't want someone like him around and the Premiership hopefuls would look at what he added to Freo's credentials and probably decide to spend their tickets elsewhere.

Like I said, I could see them 'trying'.

Bombers may show some interest if their hand is limited at the draft?

Anyway, yeh I think he's most likely done, with the exception of a couple of token chances if Freo need to rest players during the year.

Cooked (probably in every definition of the word). Silly move by Freo though. Apparently they're reviewing their recruitment team/practices as a result of how s**t Sylvia has turned out. Don't know what they were expecting really, he was always a flaky and half-arsed player. Sure they've got a much stronger team than us, but at 28 it was going to be an uphill battle to change Col's mindset.

Like I said, I could see them 'trying'.

Bombers may show some interest if their hand is limited at the draft?

Anyway, yeh I think he's most likely done, with the exception of a couple of token chances if Freo need to rest players during the year.

Pretty sure the overweight Byron Pickett has a better chance of playing again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

95208.jpg

Going by this recent press conference where he declared "I wash mahself with a raaaaaaaaaaag on a stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!" there's no coming back for Colin. Fremantle likely to cut their losses at the end of this season.

You know you've done something special when you compel a club to review its entire recruitment policy because of what a monumental * up you are.

At least he beat up on the Tiggers. That was always good for a laugh.

At this point I'll be surprised if he plays another senior game.

95208.jpg

Going by this recent press conference where he declared "I wash mahself with a raaaaaaaaaaag on a stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!" there's no coming back for Colin. Fremantle likely to cut their losses at the end of this season.

I wonder if there is a clause in Sylvia's contract that stipulates he gets his own helper monkey.

Ross doesn't think so.

From Robbo's column:

Can he get back?

[Ross Lyon] “Anything’s possible. Act your way in, act your way out. But is it probable? Based on the past, probably not probable. Is it possible, it’s 100 per cent possible.

Sylvia won't be back; he's too old and stupid. He'll spend the year becoming less and less enthusiastic about driving to Peel and a mutual agreement will be reached by August.

Ross doesn't think so.

From Robbo's column:

Can he get back?

[Ross Lyon] “Anything’s possible. Act your way in, act your way out. But is it probable? Based on the past, probably not probable. Is it possible, it’s 100 per cent possible.

Sylvia won't be back; he's too old and stupid. He'll spend the year becoming less and less enthusiastic about driving to Peel and a mutual agreement will be reached by August.
That Lyon quote is genius at saying everything and nothing at the same time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back