Is Col Sylvia finished? Yes. Did Col Sylvia ever start?

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember two years ago the commentators were still talking about his potential??
I thought WTF.
The guy is 27 and should be one of the week in week out stars in the team.
Maybe we held on to him too long.
Not sure if Freo will get any benefits out of him either.
Just my humble opinion.

Where is our old mate Yze Magic? My old friend had plenty to say about Sylvia in his first couple of years. Sadly, it all proved to be wrong.

What a dud! He did not want it enough. He makes TJ look like a champion.

I don't think we're going to fall very far. We already have replacements for Pav, Sandi and McPharlin developing.

Ross just bought a house in WA, so I don't think he's planning on going anywhere. He loves it over there by all reports. When you've grown up in Reservoir, Fremantle is a freakin' paradise.
You can have as many kids as you like developing, but your three best players (or 3/4) won't be replaced easily.

I think he's done.

May play a couple of token games if Freo have injuries but I could even see them trying to trade him back to Richmond, Essendon or North next year.

Hope trying is the key word in that last sentence.

Even a coffee with Hardwick being reported would send our board into a worse meltdown than if we were beaten by GWS by 100 points.

Last edited:
Hope trying is the key word in that last sentence.

Even a coffee with Hardwick being reported would send our board into a worse meltdown that if we were beaten by GWS by 100 points.

I only said Richmond and North because they are the type of sides who would be interested in cheap senior players, given they are aiming to take a step up towards the top.

Freo are already elite so he chose the wrong club it seems.

Don't worry I think he's cooked now anyway.

He was like an Alfa Romeo - pretty to look at and promising the world, but ultimately a lemon
images

Inside Colin's mind.
images

Inside our's

And that means it's highlights time!

This one has everything 2011: the Trengove sling tackle, 2 goals to Sylvia in quick time, flogging an interstate team at the G, vintage Jamar/Moloney telepathy. Fantastic.

And that means it's highlights time!

This one has everything 2011: the Trengove sling tackle, 2 goals to Sylvia in quick time, flogging an interstate team at the G, vintage Jamar/Moloney telepathy. Fantastic.

For 5 minutes every so often he was as good as anyone in the history of the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to read every now and again on the freo board about him for updates. There was always this poster who pumped him up in every single post he made haha. I still couldnt work out if he was serious or not!

It's sad news. I just hope he has set himself up financially and isnt hiding a serious drug problem.

What a waste of talent you are/were Colin.

The reason why our club stunk for years is because of poison like this guy, its so easy to see now looking back on it.

Ross Lyon removed the virus from his group before it could take hold, he's smart man Rossco. Unfortunately we didn't think we had that luxury, when in reality we needed him gone many years before we finally did to allow ourselves to progress.

Be the best country footballer you can now, Col, because in all seriousness that all you ever wanted to be.

Perhaps we should start a "Colin Sylvia Award" for Fremantle-Melbourne games, awarded to the player who makes the most pea hearted effort during the game.

We got this one wrong. Big time. Ross has apparently asked for an overview of our recruiting (probably to include pysch assessments in future!). It wouldn´t surprise me if Sylvia suffered some kind of depression though in the last few years. Training for him seemed like torture - he always turned up at the club unfit and was made to run his arse off.

You guys got Bernie Vince as compensation right? Well done!

Well i'm a little relived to be honest, i was really concerned about him playing sunday

Nice one! I suspect the issue was he was likely to be named in the Peel Thunder reserves. Good result all round, it's been like water torture since it was obvious he wasn't part of Ross's plans (which was about three days after he turned up). Hope for his sake he's got a plan of some sort.

We lost Col and signed Watts that year. Partially a good job so far

Que? Watts extended his contract in 2012 when Roos came on board. Or you meant we lost Col in 2008, which probably isn't far off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back