Games Is FM 2014 Worth it?

Remove this Banner Ad

New game, new weird sims.
2013-14 - Cardiff City qualifies for Champions League. And if it weren't for a late season collapse (0, maybe 1 point in the last 3 games) they'd have finished 2nd.
2014-15 - Reading qualifies for Champions League (Well, they're 4 points clear of Spurs with 3 games to go)
I wonder if Watford will qualify next season? (They've won the championship, with 2nd-4th currently occupied with the 2013-14 relegated teams)

I've noticed odd results on FM but then, on my FM12 career, now into the year 2043, seeing Bristol City compete for European football has become the norm.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I've gone Melbourne Heart with a sugar daddy owner not that it really matters in the A-League.

Signed DeVere and Maronne. Got rid of Germano to bring in Nuno Gomes and could potentially ship off Gerhardt if I can get in a quality CM/AM to take up the last overseas spot

I've noticed odd results on FM but then, on my FM12 career, now into the year 2043, seeing Bristol City compete for European football has become the norm.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
I wonder if QPR will manage that now in mine.
They managed a 7th placing stop 1st year up, then with about 1 month to go, they got bought out by an Italian sugar daddy.
Could be a main rival in years to come.

Waiting for FM2015 - giving 2014 a miss.

Haven't had access to my home pc or consoles for a month so I've started playing Championship Manager on my tablet.

Not that bad - Forest Green are 12 points clear at the top in the Skrill Premier with about 12 games to go...

Just getting back into it. First thing I did though was buy the editor and fix some of the players. Making Luis Suarez actually good is key.

Creativity is 15?
Free kicks is 14??
First Touch 14??
Natural Fitness is 14?? (Suarez hasnt missed a game through injury in about 3-4 years)
Teamwork 13?

He is way better than FM make him and the first thing I do is edit that s**t.

Some might think that's cheating but I see it as making the game more real.

By and large, I think FM do player stats/ratings better than FIFA though admittedly they can be a bit conservative/overly generous at times as well (which is probably understandable when you have a database of 300-400k odd players!).

The only thing I usually do with the editor (besides making fantasy leagues) is to farm out all Newcastle young players to Forest Green and make them a feeder club :D

By and large, I think FM do player stats/ratings better than FIFA though admittedly they can be a bit conservative/overly generous at times as well (which is probably understandable when you have a database of 300-400k odd players!).

The only thing I usually do with the editor (besides making fantasy leagues) is to farm out all Newcastle young players to Forest Green and make them a feeder club :D

You have to remember though, FM bases it rating off previous seasons and an educated prediction of how the player will progress. 99% of players do not have such an unpredicitable explosion in form like Suarez has had this season.

Suarez will be edited in next years version, but only so slightly, as one great season will not = Messi/Ronaldo level stats.

Also, you need to take into consideration the four golden stats of FM 1) Determination and Workrate and the two hidden stats - 3) Consistancy and 4)Match performance.

A player with slightly worse off stats but over 15 in each of the above will be a much better performer than someone with all 18-20's but poor above stats.

Just getting back into it. First thing I did though was buy the editor and fix some of the players. Making Luis Suarez actually good is key.

Creativity is 15?
Free kicks is 14??
First Touch 14??
Natural Fitness is 14?? (Suarez hasnt missed a game through injury in about 3-4 years)
Teamwork 13?

He is way better than FM make him and the first thing I do is edit that s**t.

Some might think that's cheating but I see it as making the game more real.

It's your game, do whatever it takes for you to enjoy it.

I havent used the editor in years, what is Suarez rated for Determination, Workrate, Consistancy and Match performance out of interest?

You have to remember though, FM bases it rating off previous seasons and an educated prediction of how the player will progress. 99% of players do not have such an unpredicitable explosion in form like Suarez has had this season.

Suarez will be edited in next years version, but only so slightly, as one great season will not = Messi/Ronaldo level stats.

Also, you need to take into consideration the four golden stats of FM 1) Determination and Workrate and the two hidden stats - 3) Consistancy and 4)Match performance.

A player with slightly worse off stats but over 15 in each of the above will be a much better performer than someone with all 18-20's but poor above stats.

It's your game, do whatever it takes for you to enjoy it.

I havent used the editor in years, what is Suarez rated for Determination, Workrate, Consistancy and Match performance out of interest?
His workrate was 13 which is a joke. It should be 18/19/20. Determination I think was 15 which again is low. Cant remember off the top of my head for Match Performance and Consistency. But i bumped him up almost across the board as he is absolute shite if you dont do it. In real life he is probably in the top 4 footballers on the planet, attacking wise with Ibra, Ronaldo and Messi so I had to change it.

His workrate was 13 which is a joke. It should be 18/19/20. Determination I think was 15 which again is low. Cant remember off the top of my head for Match Performance and Consistency. But i bumped him up almost across the board as he is absolute shite if you dont do it. In real life he is probably in the top 4 footballers on the planet, attacking wise with Ibra, Ronaldo and Messi so I had to change it.

Yeah i'd probably change his Determination and workrate to around 19-20, that would be a fair change.

He doesn't have the consistancy to multiple seasons to be in the same bracket as Ronaldo/Messi/Ibra though and that's going to hurt him.

They'll probably increase his potential ability (out of 200) from (Im guessing) around 170-175 to more like 180-184ish, which would put him in the Godlike category of players, the top 20-25 in th game.

Messi/Ronaldo/Neuer/Neymar/Lahm are the only players i would say are 185+ ranking in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realism is a manager boosting a player's attributes?
If people did their job properly, it wouldn't need to be done.
This. Im not a manager boosting my players attributes, im a FM14 employee fixing mistakes.

FM is supposed to be a fun experience. I want to play with my team. Liverpool FC. But what the guys at FM have done is almost ruin the experience by making Suarez and Sturridge for that matter decidedly average. Which means I need to buy one or two strikers to score goals which takes money away from me fixing the squad in other positions.

Liverpool dont need to buy strikers we already have a world class one and a very, very good one. So I fixed it to add realism to the game and then no have to chance my entire thought process around transfers.

Can't believe the game I just had.
UEFA Champions League Final.
Bayern Munich vs Arsenal.

Bayern went up at the 35 minute mark thanks to an own goal.
They're hanging on desperately, then odds fall in their favour as Arsenal get a red card in the 73rd minute.
Then all appears lost for Arsenal as I got another red card in the 81st minute.
Then in a huge turn of events, I scored an equaliser in the 85th minute.
Before that goal scorer got his own red card at 90+3.

So entering injury time. It was tied at 1-1, but Bayern Munich had 11 players to Aresnal's 8.
Then things went from bad to worse as I got a 4th red card in the 94th minute.

Then through massive guts and determination, I kept them out of the goals to force a penalty shootout.

As I had 1 striker, 3 midfielders, 2 defenders and a goal keeper vs Munich's Best XI. I felt I needed to fluke some key saves early, and hope it's over after 5 kicks. Well, that didn't happen, 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5, 6-6 my goalie comes up, 7-7, I'm now into going through a second time, 8-8, 9-9, 10-10, Neur comes out, 11-11, I'm back into my defenders for the second time, 12-11, then Javi Martinez comes out for Bayern. MISSES

I won 12-11 on penalties, after I hung on outnumbered for 47 minutes of the match, including the last 16 outnumbers 11-7.

Can't believe the game I just had.
UEFA Champions League Final.
Bayern Munich vs Arsenal.

Bayern went up at the 35 minute mark thanks to an own goal.
They're hanging on desperately, then odds fall in their favour as Arsenal get a red card in the 73rd minute.
Then all appears lost for Arsenal as I got another red card in the 81st minute.
Then in a huge turn of events, I scored an equaliser in the 85th minute.
Before that goal scorer got his own red card at 90+3.

So entering injury time. It was tied at 1-1, but Bayern Munich had 11 players to Aresnal's 8.
Then things went from bad to worse as I got a 4th red card in the 94th minute.

Then through massive guts and determination, I kept them out of the goals to force a penalty shootout.

As I had 1 striker, 3 midfielders, 2 defenders and a goal keeper vs Munich's Best XI. I felt I needed to fluke some key saves early, and hope it's over after 5 kicks. Well, that didn't happen, 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5, 6-6 my goalie comes up, 7-7, I'm now into going through a second time, 8-8, 9-9, 10-10, Neur comes out, 11-11, I'm back into my defenders for the second time, 12-11, then Javi Martinez comes out for Bayern. MISSES

I won 12-11 on penalties, after I hung on outnumbered for 47 minutes of the match, including the last 16 outnumbers 11-7.

More realistic than editing Suarez's attributes in game because you think he is the second coming.

:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back