Is half-time too long?

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Interesting, didn't know that. Is that 12 minutes policed?

Yes, by the local police.

It's not really widely known, but that's the specific purpose of having police officers at the ground. The policing they do while the game is being played is actually them on their break, being great, giving public servants helping out the community.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Only time it's hard is when you're at the footy by yourself. Otherwise I think it's pretty fair. You'd have no chance to buy food at a busy game at Etihad (lines seem worse than at the MCG, maybe there are less vendors) otherwise.

Jul 12, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
half time is not too long, until the network broadcasting the footy says it is too long. recent tinkering has been done with game length itself to suit networks, they need a couple of minutes i'm sure they'd start to question half time on the board room whiteboard, and get the current equivalent of adrian anderson to smooth the way before it hits.

LoveYaEb

Debutant
Nov 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Anyone know how long it takes to get a couple of beers and a pie at half time? ahhhhh! Make HT interval longer please!

aquila

Senior List
Feb 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I find it too long, because where i sit at MCG they play the ads that loud during the half time break that i can't sit in my seat and speak to the person next to me, so i end up going for a walk. So i'm pro either the half time being shorter or the ads being played at volume that allows me to speak to the person next to me in a normal conversation voice.

TaylorMade

All Australian
Aug 27, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think this question is probably best directed at the players. They need a bit of a breather at half time. I doubt they would want to reduce the break by 5 minutes.

Jan 5, 2009
WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fremantle
I find it too long, because where i sit at MCG they play the ads that loud during the half time break that i can't sit in my seat and speak to the person next to me, so i end up going for a walk. So i'm pro either the half time being shorter or the ads being played at volume that allows me to speak to the person next to me in a normal conversation voice.

If they shorten the half time break they will need to play the ads louder to get the message across more

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics

Your joking right ?

Robbo92

All Australian
Sep 28, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, OKC Thunder
I'm in the half time is too long camp. When playing and watching.
Half time is the worst part of the game, especially when you're playing, nothing worse.

It's been a bug bear of mine for years!! It is too long, largely because the entertainment at half time is woeful. To have what seems like a dozen kids' games on the go at the one time during the half time break is ridiculous. Can't see the Players Association allowing the 1/2 time break to be shortened, though. So bring back the Scottish highland marching bands and super kick

TN25

Premiership Player
Suspended
Sep 8, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Scorchers, Glory, Southampton
I think so.

15 minutes should be ample time. 20 just seems to drag on too long especially when you're at home watching onthe TV

Discuss
For us supporters it is. Take off 5 minutes

Back