Media Is it any Wonder?

Remove this Banner Ad

And I wonder, where did it all go wrong?
Opinion Piece

When I arrived here the Wonders were the envy of the league. They had the best players, the best posters, the best leadership and a list any club would want. Their culture was brilliant and it was clearly the envy of every other club. Every other club, whether they will admit it or not, were envious of the slickness and brilliance of a team of stars.

A season later and it is fair to say that I almost pity them. And I'm not alone in having this view.

They have lost two of the biggest names in the game. Wise Guy Sam is widely regarded as one of if not the best poster in the league, he is also a Mobbs medallist and has shown on many occasions his ability to lead a club. ShaunDuggan has also moved on. Both captains from last season are now at the two new expansion clubs. Sure it is a great move for the league as a whole but one has to ask how will this effect the Wonders? wmoore and Danger in Texas also left. They are work horses and reliable. Another dent in this once seemingly invincible ship that is now looking more like the Titanic, but they have recruited I hear you say? Well here is where the problem lies.

PVF while being brilliant at stats and very effective in the game has so far shown that he is average at best in the leadership stakes. By naming pantskyle as a Vice-Captain it was a slap in the face to all other Wonders. Not only should the decision to recruit him be in question surely the decision to make him a leader is a crazy one and will alienate some. The other two recruits? Well firstly you have Speck a mediocre ruck man who at times last year was invisible and a man who was completely invisible last season and is looking very much the same this season Gibbsy

Where will the improvement come from? With so many players leaving and the players replacing them being of a much lower quality one has to believe that this could be the worst year yet for this once mighty club. Not only will there by a drop off from this club but there will certainly be an improvement from the clubs underneath who have been able to take advantage of the exodus at West Coast.

The main concern is that this drop off is hopefully not a permanent one as losing a club like the Wonders would be a huge loss for the SFA.

I'll add Uncle_Leo that the Wonders and the Royals are already in a position to have a pretty good feud for the upcoming season. Maybe you should save some of your "material" for the season proper and not waste it all during the pre-season.

Also alleged Wonders poster shaun hasn't been seen since 2002.

I'll add Uncle_Leo that the Wonders and the Royals are already in a position to have a pretty good feud for the upcoming season. Maybe you should save some of your "material" for the season proper and not waste it all during the pre-season.

Also alleged Wonders poster shaun hasn't been seen since 2002.

Yeah Uncle_Leo learn from pants here and save your material. Pants has been holding his back his whole career and is considered very patient by the masses who eagerly wait to see him finely deliver.

Champions move on, everyone can't be another Dustin Fletcher and continue playing at the 1 club until retirement age of 65 these days.

I can say with full confidence that from my time at a few SFA clubs so far, my 1 season at Wonders was my favourite season by far. A truly professional club in ever sense of the word.

Yeah Uncle_Leo learn from pants here and save your material. Pants has been holding his back his whole career and is considered very patient by the masses who eagerly wait to see him finely deliver.

Season 27 watch out, unless we are on the same team.

I rolled my eyes when I first saw this because of the author who really has no credibility in this league but I'll bite.

This is just another case of Leo showing pure ignorance once again that get's him in trouble every time. I was a leader as soon as I can back into the league before Season 15 started. I didn't even play a single game before I was in the leadership group for the Allies as Itsmyshow had faith in me and it paid off because the two following series I have captained the Allies and just recently won the whole thing with me leading them. I have been groomed to be captain of the Wonders ever since half-way through my first season with the club as Wise Guy Sam and ShaunDuggan saw that I had the qualities to be a good leader for this club. I have done alot for the club in front and behind the scenes that people don't know about. And really if the fact that the only thing you can say is average about my leadership is that I made pantskyle Vice-Captain well then that's just pathetic.

I don't see how making Pants a VC is a slap in the face to the Wonders, most of them picked him to be the VC because a good captain get's the opinions of his teammates. I actually find it quite funny that you wrote that because wouldn't you think that making outsiders your captain and main VC would be a slap in the face to the Royals players? Especially the ones that actually help get the team started? I know what you're basically doing here is and that's trying to get the attention of Pants once again because you have some sort of weird obsession with him.

The Wonders have prepared very well for our losses. You bag out a guy like Speck but he is very valuable to our side. Just because he doesn't go around running his mouth like you do doesn't mean he isn't a quality contributor to our team. Some people like just sticking to the match threads and team threads, there's nothing wrong with that. Same with Gibbsy aswell. You got to remember, it's still the off-season(no-one gives a s**t about the pre-season except for Juggs) so alot of our players are still on their drinking binges. It's going to be funny when the Wonders play the Royals and Pants and myself won't be the only two targets that you can go after. Remember last season when ClarkeM and DemonJim continually owned you guys?

Add to that the six new rookies to our team that have amazing potential to be great in this league and are all contenders for the EKA medal. Which will be good as we can make the medal credible again after we had that disaster of you winning it. You've made winning the EKA medal look so bad that the great man EKA himself would rather finish second to his own award.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

PS: I don't remember an Uncle Leo... Anyone help me out here? Was he a name change?

He was formally known as Kerrby ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is why you finish 2nd in the EKA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back