Is it time for a Twilight Grand Final?

Remove this Banner Ad

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
The standalone Twilight fixture worked well tonight.

Is it time to break away from tradition and test the waters with a twilight Grand Final?

I'd be happy to for the AFL to give it a go.

Thoughts?

Personally hate this time slot

The half light/half dark look is shithouse, you get no sun on the ground and no atmosphere of a night game

Either day or night, going in between is like ******* your sister

**** no. Apart from anything else, I forgot it was on at such a dumb time and missed the first half.

And they said the crowd was around 74000. Normally Prelims are a full house.

Unless Collingwood is playing, I will not watch a night or twilight Grand Final on principle.
Did you honestly not know what time the game started today?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would prefer a twilight GF to a night GF.
Same I think we have to admit the Grand Final timeslot will be trialed at some stage so might as well ease into with a twilight slot. The night grand final wouldn't seem right finishing up with speeches/cup on podium happening at 10 30pm too late

Wouldn't mind a 4.45 start. What an atmosphere tonight. Next year's Grand Final will be on Oct 3 which mean the AFL can trial a twilight decider.

Also have a poll to see what BF readers say.

perfect for all of the time zones

giphy.gif

I'm in the No, definitely not camp. The Rugby League went to an evening Grand Final and it's bogus. Traditional 2pm grand final is worth a lot.

Sunday Night is a little different to Saturday Night.

Even a lot of NFL fans in the States are bit over the Sunday Night Super Bowl, having to juggle it with work commitments the next day, and want it moved to Saturday Night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back