General Bombers Talk More talk of changing the logo. Post your thoughts here.

What should we do with the logo?

• Total voters

Letter from the President: Brand research project​

President Dave Barham provides an update on the club's brand research project.
By essendonfc.com.au - 1 hr ago

To all our Fans and Members,

The Essendon Football Club has a proud history as one of the oldest clubs in the AFL and we have a strong recognisable brand.

We are conducting a preliminary research project which centres around the Essendon brand and its elements.

The research project is in its early phase. Members and supporters have been and will continue to be canvassed as part of this process, in addition to the engagement of multiple Essendon Football Club stakeholders.

We have a proud history of more than 150 years and a deep connection to our members and supporters. This is and will always be respected and embraced.

There is no immediate action to change the club logo or any elements of the club brand. This is a longer-term project with significant work to be completed.

We proudly recognise that our future legacy begins with our proud history.

We will always be called the Bombers.

- Dave Barham

Apr 3, 2007
Melbourne, S.E. Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
I heard a rumour a long time ago that we were possibly changing our logo for next season. Can't quite say I've ever heard anything about it since so was probably just not true anyway.

I don't mind our logo as it is. The old school one was cool too but just wasn't really menacing enough for my liking. I guess it's hard to make a plane look menacing but I like what they've done with the stealth bomber in our current logo.

spiraldiver

All Australian
Feb 18, 2006
Fitzroy North
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
(Hypothetical question, of course.)

No, it's not going to win us any premierships, and some may say it's merely window-dressing, but I feel it's time the club considered a new logo. Why? Well, the club is no longer a dominant team in terms of membership, and its last four seasons on the field would hardly have inspired a new generation of supporters to get on board. With the rest of the field catching up I feel it's imperative that the club has the initiative to reinvent itself to appeal to more potential members, particularly coming off the end of the Sheedy/Hird era. I'd also like to see the logo appear on the club guernsey - why it doesn't has always been a mystery to me.

On a personal note, I've never liked the current logo. It looks rather amatuerish in my opinion. If anyone has any alternative designs I'd love to see them.

spiraldiver

All Australian
Feb 18, 2006
Fitzroy North
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Okay, just to clear things up here, I didn't mean changing the name 'Bombers'. I meant changing the design of the logo/crest/badge - whatever you want to call it. I've never liked this design:

2006_AFL_Essendon.jpg

spiraldiver

All Australian
Feb 18, 2006
Fitzroy North
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
There goes your credibility.

Read the post again. Our membership hasn't declined but the rest of the field is catching up. With no guarantee of finals football in the next two or three seasons the club has to find other ways of attracting new members. Too many people assume Essendon has a natural right to be a giant of the competition and it's this attitude that could see us drift back to the dark ages of the pre-Sheedy era. Complacency is death in this business.

Read the post again. Our membership hasn't declined but the rest of the field is catching up. With no guarantee of finals football in the next two or three seasons the club has to find other ways of attracting new members. Too many people assume Essendon has a natural right to be a giant of the competition and it's this attitude that could see us drift back to the dark ages of the pre-Sheedy era. Complacency is death in this business.

Record membership despite the Sheedy sacking begs to differ.

Valve Bounce

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

OK!! I'll bite: what sort of Bomber would you suggest we change the logo to?

Apr 29, 2008
Epping
AFL Club
Essendon
OK!! I'll bite: what sort of Bomber would you suggest we change the logo to?

Have you noticed, ever since the logo was changed, we've being going downwards. That's because the Bomber is shown going downwards in the logo.

That Bomber should be changed so that it's flying upwards...so that it goes with our song and will also resemble our climb up the ladder over next few years. :D

Shane Hird

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
No.

Crows have an absolute s**t looking logo but that doesn't seem to effect their massive membership numbers. And it seems they're in no hurry to change their logo just for the sake of it,

Have you noticed, ever since the logo was changed, we've being going downwards. That's because the Bomber is shown going downwards in the logo.

That Bomber should be changed so that it's flying upwards...so that it goes with our song and will also resemble our climb up the ladder over next few years. :D

I'm fairly sure we won the flag with this logo.

OK!! I tried to get the plane flying upwards, but the name NODNESSE didn't sound too great. :eek:

I like the way Snrub thinks.;)

For shame, Spikey. I might have to Reimer you.

Back