General Bombers Talk More talk of changing the logo. Post your thoughts here.

What should we do with the logo?

• Total voters

Letter from the President: Brand research project​

President Dave Barham provides an update on the club's brand research project.
By essendonfc.com.au - 1 hr ago

To all our Fans and Members,

The Essendon Football Club has a proud history as one of the oldest clubs in the AFL and we have a strong recognisable brand.

We are conducting a preliminary research project which centres around the Essendon brand and its elements.

The research project is in its early phase. Members and supporters have been and will continue to be canvassed as part of this process, in addition to the engagement of multiple Essendon Football Club stakeholders.

We have a proud history of more than 150 years and a deep connection to our members and supporters. This is and will always be respected and embraced.

There is no immediate action to change the club logo or any elements of the club brand. This is a longer-term project with significant work to be completed.

We proudly recognise that our future legacy begins with our proud history.

We will always be called the Bombers.

- Dave Barham

UrLordLeper

Team Captain
Sep 5, 2010
St Kilda
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chuck Norris, GC Suns
I like it, and I see no reason for it to change.. Though having said that I have considered getting an EFC tattoo, and that logo is not something I'd particularly want on me forever, so if they were going to change it into something truly excellent i wouldn't mind.

anf06

All Australian
Dec 13, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Here's one I drew up a few years ago...

Image011.jpg

Sep 21, 2009
Melbs
AFL Club
Essendon
I remember looking for this thread. Good read.

n4bi4h.gif

What about a hybrid?

They both have history, both have premierships and they're both pretty simple?

Nothing against the logo with have now, but we really need to do something about the pointy edge at the bottom...

Had a gander through this thread and was SHOCKED to see that this post was a response to one of my own that I didn't remember even making.

Now, only a year later, that I've noticed it, I just want to give major kudos and say that the above logo rocks my jocks. :thumbsu:

LeeARM

Premiership Player
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
If we're going to have a new logo then it should be completely redone. I definitely don't want us to go back to the generic VFL shields just to look retro.

Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
i bought a plain black Essendon beanie (without the pom and which i cant find now) years ago which had a red crest on black background with EFC interlocked and a red sash on it. i cant find it in an online search and im unsure if it was an official logo/crest of the pre-bomber 'same old' days. but i liked it. obviously, any logo these days will need to have a bomber on it somewhere, but i reckon a proper crest or shield type logo where the Bomber is subtle and incorporates the straight diagonal red sash - which is the all-time symbol of the EFC - will look much better than the newer American-style ones where the mascot is the focal point and continually modernised.

IMO, the best logos, crests in the AFL are those of Collingwood, St Kilda and the old Carlton one which had the latin motto on it, as they retain the enduring features......much like many soccer clubs in the world.

LeeARM

Premiership Player
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Here's a really good "bomber" made by Mowse, not a logo, more of a mascot (and definitely an unofficial one).
mowscotbomber.jpg

Nov 23, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Was thinking, we're the Bombers so we should have something to do with the air force. So thought we should go traditional, but with a newer aircraft and add the Latin moto. Based the sketch on this:

raaf-badge_small.jpg

Someone could probably do a better job on photoshop.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
Was thinking, we're the Bombers so we should have something to do with the air force. So thought we should go traditional, but with a newer aircraft and add the Latin moto. Based the sketch on this:

raaf-badge_small.jpg

Someone could probably do a better job on photoshop.

Seriously, that would be awesome IMHO

Back