Is it time to change the season months

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe summer no longer exists and its simply "Fire Season" now anyway. Or at least thats what the news tells me.

I work with a volunteer firefighter and she loves to talk about it and everything associated with it - including the station, trivia nights, "the boys", and the 22 year old that's currently putting her away (if you're reading this, you are a true sicko).

Anyway I asked her if there were any big fires in vic last "fire season", and she told me almost with a look of disappointment that it was relatively quiet.

Once she ran for crew leader because the other person running was a real w***er. She lost unanimously but said it was the wake up call he needed. Myself and colleagues think it was the wake up call she needed.

Anyway, unsure why I posted this. Think of it as a window into the life of times of RE.

Anyway I asked her if there were any big fires in vic last "fire season", and she told me almost with a look of disappointment that it was relatively quiet.
There is a reason why it's not uncommon for fires to be found to have been started by volunteer firefighters.

Go ahead and change it WGAF. Do you realise that when it's winter here it's summer in the northern hemisphere? What we need to do is make it spring or autumn here instead so as we can get more of those pleasant, sunny 20 degree days.

Agree with OP. Wouldn't you prefer a 15 degrees temperature by Nic Naitanui over Matt Priddis? Would you guys rather a high pressure front with blustery winds from Cyril Rioli or from Luke Hodge? Therefore it is summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I nearly froze at the boxing day test last year. ******* melbourne
A couple of years ago (second last Australian Ashes from memory) was the coldest I've ever been at the G. Mid teens with borderline gale winds all day. Dressed in t shirt and shorts of course

Australia is a tropical country. Sure most of us live below the Tropic of Capricorn but not too far below it. The heat hits well before and well after summer which means the harshest part of winter is very short.

It's great. If you don't like it move to Alaska.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back