Society/Culture Is it wrong too feel this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Where have I criticised the families? Where have I criticised what is being done?

If you are talking about the OP, he's just trolling. I can see no legitimate reason to be aggrieved at them.

Trolling be damned, as much as I genuinely acknowledge the tragedy these people are facing as well as there need to grieve, at the same time I just think some the antics we were seeing out of KL were as obnoxious as hell.

Zero wish to see a similar circus transported to our own shores, with the possibility of Australia eventually being tarred as co-conspirators to whatever this poor sleep deprived pack of catatonics convince themselves of once the black box ping shuts off.

Crazy idea, but isn't it just being compassionate and supportive during a tragedy?

So long as the costs aren't totally unreasonable, it's what we do after any disaster in the region...We help out as best we can.

Trying to equate this to political games and strategies is really small minded. Whoever was in power, the same thing would happen, with only minor differences.

Crazy idea, but isn't it just being compassionate and supportive during a tragedy?

So long as the costs aren't totally unreasonable, it's what we do after any disaster in the region...We help out as best we can.

Trying to equate this to political games and strategies is really small minded. Whoever was in power, the same thing would happen, with only minor differences.

yep

I personally think the costs will be immaterial, especially because of the one of nature of the compassionate flight. The search and rescue effort would also be negligible as the ADF train for these events anyway (thus its just another drill) and the actual challenge of this will be good for morale.

For those worried about the price still, don't forget the great international publicity showing off our nation. I hate to think of this as a profit making exercise but it will have more coverage than the oprah tour of Oz.

I think some people think it's just for publicity, because of the reduction of aid to other emergencies around the world.

On one hand, we are told we need to cut aid because the ALP left us in a budget emergency.
On the other hand, money is not an issue for this situation.

yep

I personally think the costs will be immaterial, especially because of the one of nature of the compassionate flight. The search and rescue effort would also be negligible as the ADF train for these events anyway (thus its just another drill) and the actual challenge of this will be good for morale.

For those worried about the price still, don't forget the great international publicity showing off our nation. I hate to think of this as a profit making exercise but it will have more coverage than the oprah tour of Oz.
Maybe you should get a bit of insight into the costs of such a search.
If there even the faintest possibility there were survivors it would be a totally different story.
There is none and there are none..
It is an enormously expensive dick measuring competition.

I think some people think it's just for publicity, because of the reduction of aid to other emergencies around the world.

On one hand, we are told we need to cut aid because the ALP left us in a budget emergency.
On the other hand, money is not an issue for this situation.
This is exactly it.

We enable rights abusers. Cut foreign aid. Mistreat genuine asylum seekers. But when the chance comes to grab a headline, money is no objective.

Finally someone has had the balls to say it out loud.

http://mobile.news.com.au/world/asi...ical-and-extreme/story-fnh81fz8-1226874053775

An American woman whose boyfriend was on the missing plane said the way some Chinese relatives were campaigning was not helpful. Sarah Bajc, an expatriate teacher, said pressuring Malaysia to devote staffers and resources to the Chinese relatives “is like having babysitters for a bunch of spoiled brats throwing a tantrum.’’

When the partner of a passenger on the plane is saying it, maybe i'm not such a heartless bastard after all.

This is exactly it.

We enable rights abusers. Cut foreign aid. Mistreat genuine asylum seekers. But when the chance comes to grab a headline, money is no objective.

1) cutting foreign aid, especially in Africa, was putting an end to Russ's pork barrelling to get votes for his job ambitions in the UN
2) you know we still accept asylum seekers but we do have a strong stance against the people smuggling trade.you would be the first person jumping up and down if subianto won the Indo election and millions died. The two issues are very much related.
3) these types of search and rescue activities cost next to nothing as the adf costs almost the same at stand by or in exercise as it does carrying out a duty.
4) what you are worked up about is the media coverage. I had dinner with a journalist from channel news Asia and she couldn't believe the amount of coverage in oz media.

It seems the sensational oz media has achieved its goal

1) cutting foreign aid, especially in Africa, was putting an end to Russ's pork barrelling to get votes for his job ambitions in the UN
2) you know we still accept asylum seekers but we do have a strong stance against the people smuggling trade.you would be the first person jumping up and down if subianto won the Indo election and millions died. The two issues are very much related.
3) these types of search and rescue activities cost next to nothing as the adf costs almost the same at stand by or in exercise as it does carrying out a duty.
4) what you are worked up about is the media coverage. I had dinner with a journalist from channel news Asia and she couldn't believe the amount of coverage in oz media.

It seems the sensational oz media has achieved its goal
Abbott is making such an outcome easier. Reactionaries who agitate against a state, generally push the voting public in that state to vote for their own reactionary candidate.

Abbott is proving to be a destabalising force in the region, first with Indonesia, then with PNG.

Abbott is making such an outcome easier. Reactionaries who agitate against a state, generally push the voting public in that state to vote for their own reactionary candidate.

Abbott is proving to be a destabalising force in the region, first with Indonesia, then with PNG.

So you support criminal activities funding and determining the results if elections?

The people smuggling trade along with other criminal activities are being used to "buy" election results here in Indo.

Are you comfortable that by supporting the people smuggling trade, you are supporting a person with a record of human rights abuses to be the next president of Indonesia, who is on record of saying he will kill chinese-indonesians and make indonesia for indonesians even if it drags indonesia back 20 years?

are you a supporter of genocide? or just see issues in simple isolation?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The people smuggling trade along with other criminal activities are being used to "buy" election results here in Indo.

Are you comfortable that by supporting the people smuggling trade, you are supporting a person with a record of human rights abuses to be the next president of Indonesia, who is on record of saying he will kill chinese-indonesians and make indonesia for indonesians even if it drags indonesia back 20 years?

are you a supporter of genocide? or just see issues in simple isolation?
I'm not sure at what point I said I supported any candidate in the Indonesian elections. You have just gone off on some crazy tangent all on your own.

This is exactly it.

Abbott has gotten off his knees at the Trade negotiations wiped the goo off his chin and claimed a win, when in fact he made sure this country just took it up the arse in 3 Asian countries China, Japan and Korea, with nothing achieved apart from tit for tatting the now unconscionable, unsustainable car tariff, due to Aus having no local car industry for a 50% reduction in the beef tariff which takes 18 years to come into effect!

A big grandstanding ******* this country has never seen.
The NFF is already spewing that Abbott and his retreads have squandered 7 years of hard negotiations with no less than three countries for a sound byte and gob full.

The man has less shame than priest and a whore.

Abbott has gotten off his knees at the Trade negotiations wiped the goo off his chin and claimed a win, when in fact he made sure this country just took it up the arse in 3 Asian countries China, Japan and Korea, with nothing achieved apart from tit for tatting the now unconscionable, unsustainable car tariff, due to Aus having no local car industry for a 50% reduction in the beef tariff which takes 18 years to come into effect!

The NFF is already spewing that Abbott and his retreads have squandered 7 years of hard negotiations with no less than three countries for a sound byte and gob full.

The man has less shame than priest and a whore.
18 years and the Chinese will own the Aus beef industry anyway.

Have to agree with you on this one PE. This deal is shite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back