Opinion Is Jordan Lewis a genuine Brownlow chance?

He's always had to take a back seat in the midfield to the likes of Hodge and Mitchell. A lot of his game time was spent play on the half forward flank.
This year he's been the main man in the midfield. Even now that Mitchell is back Lewis is "the guy". He's been ripping it up in the midfield consistently every game and on a few occasions has floated back to take some important intercept marks and floated forward to kick some really important goals.

It won't be a crime if he doesn't win it by any stretch. It will however be a shame if people consider it a Bradbury if he does win it. He is quite possibly the biggest reason we were able to keep it together through that horrible injury filled portion of the season and be in the position we are now. Would be a very deserving winner.

I've chucked a 5er on him. Pity it was at 18-1 and not 501-1 like earlier in the season.

Thrown a 10er on Robbie Gray too because well...........who else is available? Not putting it on Duckwood.

I've chucked a 5er on him. Pity it was at 18-1 and not 501-1 like earlier in the season.

Thrown a 10er on Robbie Gray too because well...........who else is available? Not putting it on Duckwood.
I've found my Brownlow bets never seem to come off. I put money on Mitchell in the years he came runner up. Won't put any money on Lewis because of that. Especially after my superstitious decision not to go to the game on Saturday night also paid off.

I've found my Brownlow bets never seem to come off. I put money on Mitchell in the years he came runner up. Won't put any money on Lewis because of that. Especially after my superstitious decision not to go to the game on Saturday night also paid off.

This does of course mean you won't be attending the final between them, doesn't it?

This does of course mean you won't be attending the final between them, doesn't it?
Well get this...

I was quite sick PF weekend last year with gastro but attended the game anyway (it was a prelim after all) but decided once the game seemed lost (after Caddy kicked the first goal of the last quarter) that it would be best to get out before the crowds as I didn't want to be stuck in a full train carriage of people if I ended up projectiling.
We all of course know the rest of the story there (and I didn't projectile thankfully lol).

Went along first game this year thinking "the curse" is over. It wasn't.

Obviously didn't go along Saturday and we won.

So the answer to your question is that I of course will not be going! But if I do end up going (it's a final!) I will be sure to get out of the ground and just listen to it on the radio if we fall behind or it's close margin late.

Just remembered that I tipped Rioli for most improved this season in the preseason predictions thread. = injured.

My avatar is of Anderson. = injured.

Last year it was Breust. = had the yips and now he's most accurate in the league.

I AM THE CURSE!!! :cry:

Ripper Rioli

Senior List
Aug 4, 2008
Chelsea Heights
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The AFL site has a Brownlow Predictor, dont know how accurate it is, but it has Lewis only on 9 votes and Mitchell on 14?

Also, has Selwood and Ablett tied on 22 fwiw

Just remembered that I tipped Rioli for most improved this season in the preseason predictions thread. = injured.

Last year it was Breust. = had the yips and now he's most accurate in the league.

Maybe change it to Hawkins

The AFL site has a Brownlow Predictor, dont know how accurate it is, but it has Lewis only on 9 votes and Mitchell on 14?

Also, has Selwood and Ablett tied on 22 fwiw
Doesn't have Lewis polling any votes from Saturday night. I think he's quite deserving of at least 2 votes.

jd1991

All Australian
Nov 28, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Lewis hasnt previously polled well and he is not flashy, with these type of people it probably needs 2 years of this for him to get a fair call from the umps

Maybe you need a second side to cheer on regularly - would one with a few former Hawks in it appeal?

Dec 22, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Done.

Don't know what they'll do if he wins it though. Doesn't seem to have a neck to put it around...
If they can't hang it off the duck, they can always hang it off the wood assuming he's not packing a dal santo.

In terms of the Chief, if he can't crack the top 10 of the AFLCA award then he has Buckley's chance in the Brownlow.

As someone else said, I'm sure we'll all settle for a 2014 premiership medal around his neck.

Last edited:
Doesn't have Lewis polling any votes from Saturday night. I think he's quite deserving of at least 2 votes.

AFLCA R22 v Cats

Hawthorn vs Geelong
8 Langford (Haw)
5 Duncan (Geel)
5 Guthrie (Geel)
4 Gibson (Haw)
4 Stratton (Haw)
3 Mitchell (Haw)
1 Mackie (Geel)

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
AFLCA R22 v Cats

Hawthorn vs Geelong
8 Langford (Haw) (3 + 5)
5 Duncan (Geel) (5 + 0)
5 Guthrie (Geel) (2 + 3)
4 Gibson (Haw) (0 + 4)
4 Stratton (Haw) (4 + 0)
3 Mitchell (Haw) (1 + 2)
1 Mackie (Geel) (0 + 1)
My guess at the votes . . .

. . . Lewis obviously a massive part of our win gets ignored. He was a match winner for us as much as Langford.

AFLCA R22 v Cats

Hawthorn vs Geelong
8 Langford (Haw)
5 Duncan (Geel)
5 Guthrie (Geel)
4 Gibson (Haw)
4 Stratton (Haw)
3 Mitchell (Haw)
1 Mackie (Geel)
Surprises me. I thought Lewis did well across 4 quarters and at every spot he played across the ground.

Back