is luke shuey serious?

Remove this Banner Ad

His only consistency around the stoppages is remembering to fix his hair.

Can someone name me one game this year where he was our best player?

Don't worry, I'll wait :)

MELBOURNE vs WEST COAST
Round 2 - 3:20 PM March 30, 2014, MCG

Luke Shuey and Nic Naitanui starred in the midfield and Josh Kennedy kicked four goals in his 100th game.

BEST
Melbourne:
Cross, Tyson, Jones, Byrnes
West Coast: Shuey, Gaff, Masten, Kennedy, Selwood, Priddis, Naitanui, Darling

Idiot campaigner

Last edited:
Pu it this way Shuey was my favourite player, But now days I have a disliking to him ! Don't really know why, just do !

Likewise, but i have a disliking to 90% of this vanilla team right now.

Off topic has anyone noticed there is always a new story about us on the AFL site. Either an interview with a player or Simpson.

You do Realize that AFL.com does that with every team right? We may get 1 or two articles a week.

Shuey has been hard to get a handle on has all the tools but has nt really stood up and tried to be the best midfielder we've ever seen .

Take the freo game 2 weeks ago in the dying stages of the game ,he bursts out of the centre square and runs to 50m mark and kicks a goal .This takes about 4 secs and was brilliant piece of individual play, I was like Wtf where has this been ..

Just glimpses of what he can do when he elavates to the next level ,we need to see more consistent efforts like this.

I don't think getting rid of Shuey is what needs to be done.

You need midfield depth and class. Shuey is a good player and would appear better in a stronger midfield.

The club probably needs to bite the bullet and trade someone with currency from a different area. Lycett could be the one as he is young, has played a few games to show what he is capable of and plus you have Sinclair as a back up. Especially if Cox decides to go another year, if not then Lycett remains.

Rosa may have held some currency, but he has re-signed.

Shuey also needs to get through a block of games uninterrupted by injuries. I don't follow him that closely but he does seem to go down often with calfs and other niggles.

Lastly he is 24, I don't think you trade out 24 year old decent mids unless you're guaranteed quality from the other end.
Rosa had no currency at all, his a free agent, would of got nothing at all if he left

I don't think getting rid of Shuey is what needs to be done.

You need midfield depth and class. Shuey is a good player and would appear better in a stronger midfield.

The club probably needs to bite the bullet and trade someone with currency from a different area. Lycett could be the one as he is young, has played a few games to show what he is capable of and plus you have Sinclair as a back up. Especially if Cox decides to go another year, if not then Lycett remains.

Rosa may have held some currency, but he has re-signed.

Shuey also needs to get through a block of games uninterrupted by injuries. I don't follow him that closely but he does seem to go down often with calfs and other niggles.

Lastly he is 24, I don't think you trade out 24 year old decent mids unless you're guaranteed quality from the other end.

Rosa was a free agent...

No doubt he, and probably Darling too, will have crackers against cellar-dwellers Brisbane.

If the AFL had a second division, we'd own it.

The Bully's will come out to play this weekend, the entire team will walk with swag and i'll get #wceinspired posted on my wall from the WCE on facebook.

MELBOURNE vs WEST COAST
Round 2 - 3:20 PM March 30, 2014, MCG

Luke Shuey and Nic Naitanui starred in the midfield and Josh Kennedy kicked four goals in his 100th game.

BEST
Melbourne:
Cross, Tyson, Jones, Byrnes
West Coast: Shuey, Gaff, Masten, Kennedy, Selwood, Priddis, Naitanui, Darling

Idiot campaigner

Was against a team lower than us. Hardly counts. Lets see him do it again the Swans, Freo, Coll at the MCG, Hawks etc.

Very much a front runner.

Was against a team lower than us. Hardly counts. Lets see him do it again the Swans, Freo, Coll at the MCG, Hawks etc.

Very much a front runner.
His 2 best games last year were against Port Adelaide and Hawthorn... He was in our best in the Hawthorn loss this year too.

I get that we were all hoping he would build on his form from 2012-2013, and he hasn't, but he's not the front runner that everyone on here makes out he is imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

doesn't want to go hard at the ball, would much rather get the handball running past.

His 2 best games last year were against Port Adelaide and Hawthorn... He was in our best in the Hawthorn loss this year too.

I get that we were all hoping he would build on his form from 2012-2013, and he hasn't, but he's not the front runner that everyone on here makes out he is imo.

Indeed, that was last year though sir.

And the question was, "Name a game in which he's been our best this year"

To which the one and only answer is Melbourne by the looks. And as Prem rightly said, a front running game.

He's probably had what 10? (if that) incredible games against good opposition during his career? That is not elite. Elite is day in day out.

Indeed, that was last year though sir.

And the question was, "Name a game in which he's been our best this year"

To which the one and only answer is Melbourne by the looks. And as Prem rightly said, a front running game.
Fair point, I just remember Shuey being called a front runner last year, and the year before too... It is a common misconception that he has only ever played well against C grade sides, and that's not true.

As for this year, well he is certainly not alone, all mids have been disappointing. Same question could be asked for Masten.

He's probably had what 10? (if that) incredible games against good opposition during his career? That is not elite. Elite is day in day out.
Where did I say he's elite? Far from it, has been disappointing this year.

And regardless, he's only played 79 games, 10 'incredible' games against 'good' opposition isn't that bad imo with the support cast (or lack thereof) around him.

Need to keep Shuey - he's obviously low on confidence because he's not comfortable being the most damaging (most tagged) midfielder in a side.

If he were in a strong midfield he would absolutely chop.

How different everything would be if we had a couple of star midfielders...

If we can retain him in our side, and if by some chance we have a couple of jet midfielders by his side by the time he's 27, then we will reap the rewards of his struggle with a tag.

Plenty of cobs plateau around his age. I think he's been pretty good, it's just a shame he isn't getting better and better every week like it seemed he was a couple of years ago.

He isn't ALWAYS tagged though that's the thing. He wasn't tagged against Norf and he did *all.

Not sure if he was tagged vs swans, i know Priddis FINALLY copped it instead after quarter 1.

What other games throughout the year wasn't he tagged? Magpies didn't tag him did they? Gold Coast didn't tag him. GWS didn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back