is luke shuey serious?

Remove this Banner Ad

He isn't ALWAYS tagged though that's the thing. He wasn't tagged against Norf and he did ****all.

Not sure if he was tagged vs swans, i know Priddis FINALLY copped it instead after quarter 1.

What other games throughout the year wasn't he tagged? Magpies didn't tag him did they? Gold Coast didn't tag him. GWS didn't.

He didn't play against the Gold Coast, Macaffer was on him for 85% of the game (a short 10 minute burst where they threw Macaffer on Priddis led to Shuey getting three or four touches in a 7 minute stretch of play) against Collingwood and Greene was on him against GWS (Shuey had 23, Greene racked up a whole bunch of junk possessions and got 31 touches).

"Yeaaaaaah playing another cellar dweller team this week, mark me down for 30 touches fellas i'm a gun..."

336955_gl.jpg

Ironically, the stats back that up ^ From AFL.com

6. While Luke Shuey has generally had a difficult season, he loves playing the Lions. The Eagles' midfielder is ranked 65th overall according to the AFL Official Player Ratings, but averages a team-high 16.6 a game against the Lions

Last edited:
What other 23-24 year olds are tagged every week and are their teams best mid? Cotchin? At least he has Martin, Delidio and Ellis pretty hard to live up to those demands most of the players he is compared to are older and more experienced and have a lot more class around them.

MELBOURNE vs WEST COAST
Round 2 - 3:20 PM March 30, 2014, MCG

Luke Shuey and Nic Naitanui starred in the midfield and Josh Kennedy kicked four goals in his 100th game.

BEST
Melbourne:
Cross, Tyson, Jones, Byrnes
West Coast: Shuey, Gaff, Masten, Kennedy, Selwood, Priddis, Naitanui, Darling

Idiot campaigner
Oh the game we won by 90 points?

My bad, he's definately no down hill skier then!

Any other match reports with him on the best's list or just the one, champ?

I'm not sure if this stat adds to your point, I think it adds more to mine to be honest

Last edited:

I'm not sure if this stat adds to your point, I think it adds more to mine to be honest

28 touches and 2 goals in the game against Carlton would disagree, as would his 28 touch game against Port Adelaide, 12 of those touches coming in the final term.

There are a number of criticisms of Shuey's game that could be made, but ffs use some critical faculties and find some video, stats, anything that actually makes objective sense.

Midfield support depth = sh1t midfielders.

Nah, not s**t - just not a grade

Priddis and shuey would be the equivalent of ball and sidebottom or say a Sewell and smith, just that they are our first rotation, rather than the b grade support

Cotchin, Rockliff, Libba, Fyfe, Ward, Dangerfield, Jack Steven... To name a few

You could also add Cunnington to that list, if you were so inclined.

Shuey has Matt... are you saying Matt is no good?
Libba has Griffin and Cooney, not that they're as dominant as previously.

WEST COAST 6.5 10.7 14.10 18.15 (123) MELBOURNE 0.1 1.3 2.4 4.6 (30)
Goals: West Coast: J Kennedy 4 J Darling 3 C Masten 2 L Shuey 2 M LeCras 2 C Sinclair E MacKenzie J Cripps M Rosa N Naitanui. Melbourne: S Byrnes 2 J Kennedy-Harris J Toumpas.
Best: West Coast: Shuey, Naitanui, Kennedy, Masten, Gaff, Darling, Rosa, Selwood. Melbourne: N Jones, Tyson, Vince, Terlich, Byrnes.
Umpires: Chris Donlon, Sam Hay, Shane McInerney.
Official Crowd: 22,226 at MCG.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ma...s-to-eagles-20140330-zqoqo.html#ixzz3724BjddF

(AFLCA voting)
Round 2 -

Melbourne vs West Coast

10 Shuey (WCE)
5 Rosa (WCE)
4 Gaff (WCE)
4 Masten (WCE)
3 N. Jones (Melb)
3 Kennedy (WCE)
1 Naitanui (WCE)

Bigfooty West Coast MVP voting

"West Coast were ruthless in their demolition of a mediocre Demons side, holding them to a single goal for the first half and going into halftime with an insurmountable lead, making the second half a training drill."

Luke Shuey 165 3.84
Matt Rosa 165 3.84
Chris Masten 100 2.33

"Voters could not split the efforts of midfielders Luke Shuey (30 possessions, 2 goals) and Matt Rosa (31 possessions, 1 goal). They share the Dean Irving Medal."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you proving with that spiel?

We've already acknowledged that game, feel free to come up with some more in which he was a standout or named in the best.

That's what Joeyavalanche is asking

:drunk:

I swear if Shuey was at Collingwood he would be an absolute jet, as would Scooter. The facts are though at West Coast they are Vanilla because thats the flavour of the midfield.

Didn't quite catch the sarcasm did you?

I asked if you could find me any other match reports from other games where shuey has been involved instead of 1 game we won by 90 points in.

The fact we need to even go to these lengths to discuss means he isn't doing enough.

If he was a genuine gun you wouldn't have to pull out match reports and I wouldn't have to ask for them.

I've been disappointed in him this year but my expectation was pretty high (hoping he is going to be a judd-esque player in the midfield)

Still think he hasn't peaked and hope there will be a jump next year. Just need some extra class in the midfield, stick him in freos midfield and he would seagull all day to his hearts content

Remove this Banner Ad

Back