is luke shuey serious?

Remove this Banner Ad

Shuey is our best mid and I am baffled as to why he simply wont play as well or better than his 2011/2012 seasons.

I'm not:

in 2011 and 2012 he had Kerr taking the best tagger and creating beautiful hand passes in space

he doesn't have either of those things now

Cops a tagger reaming him each week, that's what's different to 2011/12. It's what happens when you're your teams best mid.

I think he saved face and had a reasonable year in 2014.
This is why we need a fast outside mid to take the tag off either Gaff or Shuey. Can't tag all of Shuey, Gaff and Pickett (see what I did there)

Next year will determine whether Shuey will be the wasted talent that could have been great, or one of the league's A grade midfielders. It is up to him to decide what he wants to be remembered as.

Next year will determine whether Shuey will be the wasted talent that could have been great, or one of the league's A grade midfielders. It is up to him to decide what he wants to be remembered as.
Why so 'all or nothing'?

Knew he would, seems very loyal plus their wasn't any go home factor as didn't his family move to WA.

His one if not my favourite player in our squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

420? Blaze it.

Lol.

Shuey had a great year.

In fact, I saw him down at Le Bakery in Leederville this week when I went to buy a tuna roll.

He looked at me and I nodded knowingly at him. He turned back to the cashier. True story.

On another note, some of what Shuey had to say was pretty positive.

“I think we’ve had our opportunities over the last three or four years and we’ve probably under-delivered, so I think we owe the footy club some success."

“We’ve got the right squad for it, and as players, I think we all need to go to another level for that to happen."

I have the feeling he's starting to walk the walk and talk the talk. He had a solid end to this season and seems to have gotten himself into gear. I Can't help to think that he may absolutely rip the comp a new one next year, that is, If he can finally move into that next gear.

A grade fo' sure.

Lol.

Shuey had a great year.

In fact, I saw him down at Le Bakery in Leederville this week when I went to buy a tuna roll.

He looked at me and I nodded knowingly at him. He turned back to the cashier. True story.
What you didn't see was when he whispered to the cashier to get security, theirs a crazy man thats twitching and looks to be high on something behind me.

On another note, some of what Shuey had to say was pretty positive.

“I think we’ve had our opportunities over the last three or four years and we’ve probably under-delivered, so I think we owe the footy club some success."

“We’ve got the right squad for it, and as players, I think we all need to go to another level for that to happen."

I have the feeling he's starting to walk the walk and talk the talk. He had a solid end to this season and seems to have gotten himself into gear. I Can't help to think that he may absolutely rip the comp a new one next year, that is, If he can finally move into that next gear.

A grade fo' sure.
I suspect he was told to get his body behind the ball and push through packs rather than fall into them milking a free kick.

In the first half of the season he played very outside and in so played into the hands of the taggers but in the second half of the season he put his body into congestion rather than just a hand and we saw the results.

Very much a change in style of play which I would suggest is Simpson inspired or demanded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back