Is Nadal Finished?

Remove this Banner Ad

That's not what Dr A said. All Dr A said was that if Nadal couldn't beat Soderling, he didn't deserve it- and that if Soderling couldn't beat Federer, Soderling didn't deserve it.
Bottom line is if you win a GS final you deserve it, regardless of who you play. It doesn't devalue it

That's not what Dr A said. All Dr A said was that if Nadal couldn't beat Soderling, he didn't deserve it- and that if Soderling couldn't beat Federer, Soderling didn't deserve it.
Bottom line is if you win a GS final you deserve it, regardless of who you play. It doesn't devalue it

so peter korda = andy roddick? they have 1 slam.

I was watching the replay of the Australian Open final

and the look of shock and disbelief in the Nadal camp when he was down break point on his serve in the fifth set at 5 all said it all, he was done

He tried really hard, he would have beaten Federer that night if he played the way he did against Djokovic

Anyway for the lolz merci beaucoup French media-> http://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/...afael-nadal-skit/story-e6frf4mu-1226266728087

I was watching the replay of the Australian Open final

and the look of shock and disbelief in the Nadal camp when he was down break point on his serve in the fifth set at 5 all said it all, he was done

He tried really hard, he would have beaten Federer that night if he played the way he did against Djokovic

Anyway for the lolz merci beaucoup French media-> http://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/...afael-nadal-skit/story-e6frf4mu-1226266728087

This sort of thing has been going on for a while. Yannick Noah made some sort of comments a while ago about Spanish atheltes being dopers. I would be personally disappointed if it ever comes about that the players are doping, but I think one has to be open minded with these things. Operacion Puerto information makes for very interesting reading if anyone's interested.

There is a bitter rivalry between the French and Spanish

You never know though, 20 years after Nadal retires and hes on a island in Majorca somewhere they find out what they all suspected, at the point in time nobody would give a damn anymore and his name is just there for the record books

Another thing to point out, how weak drug testing has become in professional sports since the turn of the century, all the American athletes are on all kinds of pharmaceuticals, yet we turn a blind eye to it all because we are behind the Americans because they are "the good guys"

and on what basis you say that? i remember andy murray said he was pissed having to wait till 3 am in the morning (after he finished his match around 1 am) for a sample of his urine to be taken.They test them every month, specially in grand slams, ever since 2005!

and on what basis you say that? i remember andy murray said he was pissed having to wait till 3 am in the morning (after he finished his match around 1 am) for a sample of his urine to be taken.They test them every month, specially in grand slams, ever since 2005!

How do the Americans reach new levels and new heights?

Some of the achievements the Americans have made today are even better than people on Steroids

But no, Barry Bonds broke all kinds of records as a baseballer, and Alex Rodriguez can do 'amazing' things on a baseball field

The Americans are quite lucky that the NFL is a sport only played in their country, the players in that sport dont have to worry about international competition, they can be as big as they want

It's an idiotic argument. I don't care who says it. If Federer hasn't declined, why has he lost to the likes of Berdych, Soderling and Tsonga at slams recently? I suppose those 3 players would've trounced Fed in his 'weak era' peak as well? How about losses to Stepanek, Melzer, Fish, Simon, Karlovic, Benneteau, Monfils, Gulbis and Montanes since 2008? Still peak Federer being exposed by stronger competition? :eek:

Add Isner to the list. At what point do idiots stop claiming Federer is better than ever and is only losing because he's apparently facing tougher competition? The real peak Federer would've annihilated every spud above 99 times out of 100.

Add Isner to the list. At what point do idiots stop claiming Federer is better than ever and is only losing because he's apparently facing tougher competition? The real peak Federer would've annihilated every spud above 99 times out of 100.

i was just watching agassi vs federer USO 2004.Its available on youtube. Supposed to be "federers peak". The quality of federers forehand was abysmal, as was the quality of the match. (just selected a random matchup btw, i didnt pick and choose).Federers best was 2007..i will pay that.He ended up making over 60 errors in that match, about 41 from the forehand side alone.Now yes i am sure you will say its just one match, but trust me, it was not.

How do the Americans reach new levels and new heights?

Some of the achievements the Americans have made today are even better than people on Steroids

But no, Barry Bonds broke all kinds of records as a baseballer, and Alex Rodriguez can do 'amazing' things on a baseball field

The Americans are quite lucky that the NFL is a sport only played in their country, the players in that sport dont have to worry about international competition, they can be as big as they want

we are talking about tennis not NFL. I dont know about drug testing in NFL, but in tennis, people are tested every grand slam.Are you suggesting these tests are just an eyewash? if so, please provide evidence for that

i was just watching agassi vs federer USO 2004.Its available on youtube. Supposed to be "federers peak". The quality of federers forehand was abysmal, as was the quality of the match. (just selected a random matchup btw, i didnt pick and choose)

The match you picked at random just happened to be a match played in gale force winds? Really? It's hard to believe someone would actually dedicate time from their life to argue that 16 time GS winner Roger Federer has never truly been that great a tennis player. Staggering actually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The match you picked at random just happened to be a match played in gale force winds? Really? It's hard to believe someone would actually dedicate time from their life to argue that 16 time GS winner Roger Federer has never truly been that great a tennis player. Staggering actually.

well i was watching agassis matches on youtube and that came up by accident. It was 2004 so i thought ok lets see how "great" federer was back in 2004 :rolleyes: that TIRO keeps reminding me .Turned out he was ok, but agassis game suited his game.He still struggled though.I never said he is not a great player, but GOAT? anyone who understands tennis will tell you its not about quantity its all about quality. Sampras > Federer. Laver is also > Federer. Sampras was genuinely challenged by Agassi, Laver had several rivals as well.Who is Federers rival again? thats right, he didnt have one till 2006, when Nadal kicked his arse. Sorry mate, the form argument is garbage, federer is playing good tennis as he was in 2004 (in slams mind you). Its just that he has tougher rivals now.Wilander nailed it, it will not go down well with you i know, but dont you find it amazing, that except a couple of upsets by Berdych and Tsonga, the only ones to beat federer in slams are Nadal and Djokovic?

Who is Federers rival again? thats right, he didnt have one till 2006,

That is absolute BS, the only reason you don't think he didn't have any rivals is because he was so far ahead of them. Hewitt, Roddick, and Safin were all his rivals. He is actually in their age group so comparisons with them are actually a lot more fair than comparisons with Djokovic / Nadal / Murray.

Does anybody remember the time when there was a top 10 in men's tennis? And how hard it was to break into the top 10?

Anybody in the top 10 could actually win a grand slam

Or if someone gets on a hot streak outside the top 10, they could get a grand slam too. There was always the imminent danger that the world number 3 might not survive past the 3rd round in a slam if they were having a "bad day", off colour, or their opponent got hot

Right now, its always Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray in the semis which is a tad predictable

That is absolute BS, the only reason you don't think he didn't have any rivals is because he was so far ahead of them. Hewitt, Roddick, and Safin were all his rivals. He is actually in their age group so comparisons with them are actually a lot more fair than comparisons with Djokovic / Nadal / Murray.

ok so that proves my point even more.Federers generation had roddick and hewitt.So there ya go folks. :D

However federer was 26 when Nadal won his first wimbledon..often considered as a "peak" for a tennis player.Nadal has created troubles for federer during his "peak" years, when he was 17.Watch the miami match on youtube, Nadal was 17 years old back then, almost beat a "peak" Federer.

The French he'll win, 1 or maybe 2 more
Something on a surface other than clay, even blue clay, he might as well stay home.

Slow courts have helped him

Losing in earlier rounds on grand slams other than the French doesnt, and shouldnt really be a surprise

Something on a surface other than clay, even blue clay, he might as well stay home.

Losing in earlier rounds on grand slams other than the French doesnt, and shouldnt really be a surprise

Looks like his scrambling days are over.

Trollololol.

Trollololol.
^
Cool_story_broMiley.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back