TAS Is North being positioned to be relocated to Tasmania?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it a rest will you. Your anti-teacher tirades are just tiresome after a while. I'm just as entitled as anyone else, to comment on any thread on the main board as I see fit, without having to put up with any personal slander from you. Especially when that personal slander is solely designed to gratify your anti-teacher bias / agenda.

Silent Alarm is a uni student. I rest my case.

I just can't see the North Melbourne members ever agreeing to a full relocation. And in the end they will make the final decision regarding what their club will do, unless an administrator is moved in. The AFL doesn't own the Kangaroos.

By constitution do clubs get a vote on where their clubs play their 11 home games? I know most clubs now require a vote for merger, name and jumper but does that extend to home game location?

Last edited:

Would anyone notice if the Western Bulldogs relocated?

Tassie's government can't afford a team.

He's a teacher. It's not his fault he's personality-less and intent on grandstanding to big up himself to colour his life... coloured.

Honestly though, it doesn't seem hugely positive for North. Them being stripped of a secondary catchment area is bizarre. Ballarat is, like anywhere in the world for them, valued by the AFL. If the Kangaroos are willing to pour money in and generate interest, the AFL would, in 90% of cases, not only allow it but completely support it. This tokenistic 'western corridor' line is a geographically convenient excuse. It just seems absurd and totally out of character with the AFL's recent view of not just a finger in every pie, but a pie dangling Cheezel-like on every finger.

Having Richmond and St Kilda down in Hobart is a great great and will generate some interest. The Hawks get Freo and have a flag (well, three) to entice people in Tassie to go to their games. But when you look at the wider picture, instead of looking a good token, it just looks like another tick for relocation via stealth. Maybe the one thing detracting from that are the Swans finally playing Freo at Subi and the Cats at K-Park.

I hope North Melbourne stick true to themselves and carry on. All this wank about shinboner spirit never endeared itself to me, but their lack of pokies, history, and heart always did. They're an asset to footy in Melbs and whatever you say and whoever you hate, if you think of any club going missing in Victoria, it makes the map a little emptier; shallower. Hopefully NMFC don't sit down and are actively attempting to keep themselves based where they have been for 120-plus years. You cannot piss that history away – Fitzroy will tell you that.

An admirable cry for the haves not the have nots. Who pays Silent#1, not you I guess, those Tassie taxpayers need to subsidise those who after 100 years still cant cut the mustard.
Is there a market more oversupplied with product than Melbourne & still you encourage picking the pockets of Taswegians to keep this would be elite in the manner they like to believe they are entitled, because they wont plonk their bums on the seats in sufficient numbers.

Maybe its an idealistic misty eyed wish for the days of yore. Just nonsense really !

An admirable cry for the haves not the have nots. Who pays Silent#1, not you I guess, those Tassie taxpayers need to subsidise those who after 100 years still cant cut the mustard.
Is there a market more oversupplied with product than Melbourne & still you encourage picking the pockets of Taswegians to keep this would be elite in the manner they like to believe they are entitled, because they wont plonk their bums on the seats in sufficient numbers.

Maybe its an idealistic misty eyed wish for the days of yore. Just nonsense really !

And yet the Tasmanian people are more than supporting the AFL teams down there (well, they were until the AFL ****ed over Hawthorn - no doubt the crowds would still be excellent at Aurora if it was changed up from GC-WB/North-Frem-Adel every year), but the Tasmanian economy can't support a team.

The idealistic misty eyed wish is for a viable Tasmanian team.

At the moment, the Tassie fans are supporting the AFL very well and seem quite happy to do so...

Not sure what you're ******* whinging about.

After the Bulldogs pushed North out of Ballarat and the AFL let them, is this the beginning of the end of North being a Melbourne-based side? Do the AFL want North out of there and down to the Apple Isle?

JB said North wouldn't relocate under his watch, yet he's not going to be around much longer and North seem to be delving further into the Tasmanian market. They say it's for financial gain but it appears to be a soft approach to relocation before a new administration rubber-stamps the move?

It makes sense. North don't have a huge supporter base that would be driven from the game, and their current list is positioned to make a challenge so it's not like a relocated team will come to Tasmania being a basket-case on-field.
The problem with Footscray is that the only team they can troll is North Melbourne, and even then they can only do it about 50% of the time #battlersshouldlookaftereachotherimo

Unless we pull in ******* Dick Dastardly as our next chairman, we will remain in North Melbourne. They couldn't relocate us when we were a basket case back in the 'Kangaroos' days and I can't see a relocation happening when we're stronger than we've been for a long time, off field (and on).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless we pull in ******* Dick Dastardly as our next chairman, we will remain in North Melbourne. They couldn't relocate us when we were a basket case back in the 'Kangaroos' days and I can't see a relocation happening when we're stronger than we've been for a long time, off field (and on).
Engi please drop the crazy sig. Thanks.

A quick google search would have helped you:

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-11-29/green-light-for-edgewater

Western Bulldogs President Peter Gordon today issued the following statement for Members on the Club’s signature Edgewater complex and social club facility.

“I am delighted to be able to report the green-lighting of the Club’s Edgewater development,” Gordon said today.

“After some prolonged delays to the project, all obstacles have now been resolved and construction is proceeding full-steam ahead.

“In collaboration with the developer Prizac, we hope that the complex will be completed and ready to provide a new social club facility for our Members for the start of the 2015 AFL season.

Commercial development is my line of work.

The fact you are servicing loans for construction since mid 2012 on a $25m dollar project means you are definitely not in "good debt". You are well passed base stage, so you can basically attribute a good $2m-$3m of your current debt to pissing it up the wall to the banks in interest repayments for a project that has been stalled in the ground for 3 years, thanks to what looks like complete miss management of what in hindsight is a pretty simple project. $25m is basically a garden shed these days in Melbourne, the fact that it has taken over 3 years is laughable.

The fact you are compounding this with other operational debt and haven't even finished construction yet is very worrying for the Dogs.

Last edited:
No.
They are simply being positioned to take over Hawthorn's contract after 2016.
Six games - three each end of the Isle.
Will be good for both clubs.

Why would it be? The AFL can't force North to relocate and the North members won't allow it to happen
North can just play their games at any venue they want to. The AFL can do nothing about it.

< / BOMBERS 4 LIFE!!!! >

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back