Is The Current AFL Business Model Completely Flawed ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a loaded question fabulon, is there a table of how much players get across team sports? I agree the players get a fair share of AFL revenue.

Someone else may have a link, i can only have a guess ( bad memory) but i believe the American NFL, NBA etc are far far higher than the AFL, perhaps in the 80% of revenue, whereas the AFL is around 35%

Dont quote me :)

Edit ,,,,NBA 52%, Cricket Australia 26% or so and AFL 25% or a bit less

Last edited:
can someone explain to me how Essendon is a struggling club!
spending 35 million on a new training & admin facility, playing out of etihad, second highest merchandise sales in the AFL, millions in legal fees & less poke revenue than the pies and hawks! mean while being a basket case on field for the last decade
meanwhile Collingwood & Pies have won premierships & been top 4 teams for the last decade, raped the taxpayer for funding and sponsorship!

Essendon received over 700k in fundraising and donations for the year yet Hawthorn received 820k in donations plus millions in further funding from the AFL.
the op article is a piece of s**t
Essendon is off field a club that has done extremely and is a model club of the Victorian clubs meanwhile the Pies & Hawks have sold home games, receive taxpayer funding & donations & are classed as financial success stories

yeah go figure
yeah go government & AFL funding and pokie revenue:thumbsu:

For the first time in the 2013 Financials the BomBombers needed an AFL guarantee, WHY you might ask, the auditors would need to qualify/kwalify your financials ... not so the Hawks.
Are you sure the Bombers are a FINANCIAL SUCCESS ... why didnt the Pies, the Eagles, Hawks (& more) need an AFL guarantee, gee, they didnt need one, the Bombers DID.

For the first time in the 2013 Financials the BomBombers needed an AFL guarantee, WHY you might ask, the auditors would need to qualify/kwalify your financials ... not so the Hawks.
Are you sure the Bombers are a FINANCIAL SUCCESS ... why didnt the Pies, the Eagles, Hawks (& more) need an AFL guarantee, gee, they didn't need one, the Bombers DID.
Essendon were building a new training facility, eddie & the pies are receiving taxpayer money funding to build theirs & hawthorn rent their training facility from the AFL. Hawthorn still sell home games in Tassie. the Pies & Hawkes own pokes & earn more in overall revenue thanks to the gaming machines, than Essendon, but Essendon earn more in Football related revenue
Essendon have been a basket case for the last decade & the pies & hawks have been top 4 sides & won premierships.
success brings in the dollars
yes Essendon is a financial success when compared to those clubs

Essendon were building a new training facility, eddie & the pies are receiving taxpayer money funding to build theirs & hawthorn rent their training facility from the AFL. Hawthorn still sell home games in Tassie. the Pies & Hawkes own pokes & earn more in overall revenue thanks to the gaming machines, than Essendon, but Essendon earn more in Football related revenue
Essendon have been a basket case for the last decade & the pies & hawks have been top 4 sides & won premierships.

& how are the flowers at the bottom of the garden, its excrement that dominates the odour, not the flowers.

The AFL captures all the revenue, keeps as many clubs as possible in peonage so as to bend the game to their will (and further revenue).

The AFL captures all the revenue, keeps as many clubs as possible in peonage so as to bend the game to their will (and further revenue).

Peonage?
The AFL would prefer total controL - the success of the WA model, particularly stadium management finances, is a hurdle for the AFL.

The hawks rent Waverly from the AFL? The AFL don't own it so I'd like to know how they did this. FYI the hawks bought the members stand of the previous VFL park for a $1 from Mirvac, and the ground is a gift to the estate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back