Is the Krak Coming Back (and Marlon too)?

Remove this Banner Ad

nathan krackour wants to join the magpies apparently, good idea or not

After I wilted and went inside not long after it started I saw Krak, his missus and his kid wander in.

Did a double-take.

Looks in pretty good nick. Real waste how his AFL career panned out - hope the 2 years of relative megabucks on the Gold Coast were worth it over the potential life membership at Alberton.

nathan krackour wants to join the magpies apparently, good idea or not

Yep. He was an immature kid who made a bad decision. If Paul Vandenbergh is willing to vouch for him, bring him in. He's good enough to play AFL and no club would risk him now even if he stars at the Magpies.

Yep. He was an immature kid who made a bad decision. If Paul Vandenbergh is willing to vouch for him, bring him in. He's good enough to play AFL and no club would risk him now even if he stars at the Magpies.

Yep he was an immature kid who wasn't ready for the pressure of big league. PV is the man to help him come back. We have 4 vacant spots left on the Maggies list. Ken is the sort of bloke to help straighten him out as well. Burgo only had one year to build up his endurance.

More blistering speed for the Maggies. They will have more speed than a bikie drug lab if the Maggies sign him.

His cousin Andrew made a great come back first to WAFL footy - won Swan Districts a GF and won the Simpson medal in the GF and then a great first year back in the AFL before injuries have set him back, Andrew will be a great example to follow and sounding board for Nathan.

Would be great news to have Krakouer (please, spelling-challenged posters, just call him Krak) back. He had/has serious talent.

After I wilted and went inside not long after it started I saw Krak, his missus and his kid wander in.

Did a double-take.

Looks in pretty good nick. Real waste how his AFL career panned out - hope the 2 years of relative megabucks on the Gold Coast were worth it over the potential life membership at Alberton.
Lets all go to the Lobbe and get ourselves some Krak!

I'd be happy to see him get another go. He definitely has the talent and the criticism of him was always about his work ethic. He was still young and immature when he found himself with the responsibility of a wife and child. He seems to have struggled with that and an AFL career at the same time. He's had a couple of years to mature a bit and if Ken and Buddha reckon he's up for it I'd back them, PV and the Club generally to provide the best environment for him to succeed in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still have plenty of ill feelings towards Krakouer to be honest. But as far as I'm concerned, given how strongly we fought to be able to have top-up players at the Magpies, we may as well use those spots to test players with AFL quality potential. He made a big mistake, but he made that mistake three and a half years ago as a 20 year old who had nearly half a million dollars a year waved under his face. Give him a chance to prove himself over a year of football at a lower level without putting a single foot wrong. If he passes that test and regains the trust of the playing group, then maybe consider re-drafting him? Or even if we don't re-draft him, we'd still get a player for the Magpies who would probably kill it at SANFL level.

I also imagine that if he did end up back with the Power (or even just the Magpies), Hinkley wouldn't put up with the same crap from him as Choco did. Give him an inch and he'll take a mile, but that doesn't matter if you don't give him that first inch in the first place.

Last edited:

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Were there any issues with his character? Was always under the impression he was a good kid the money offered by Gold Coast was ridiculous, I mean seriously ridiculous, think about it, it's more than Ollie is getting. I am happy to see him back here wanting to start over it's a positive reflection on his character that he came to us rather the soft option of a VFL or WAFL club. Nah happy to see him here.

I thought I saw him there yesterday - yellow singlet on, I was right Trewth :)

Looked in decent shape but bigger around the stomach than when I last saw him which is to be expected I guess

Were there any issues with his character? Was always under the impression he was a good kid the money offered by Gold Coast was ridiculous, I mean seriously ridiculous, think about it, it's more than Ollie is getting. I am happy to see him back here wanting to start over it's a positive reflection on his character that he came to us rather the soft option of a VFL or WAFL club. Nah happy to see him here.
He was what you could call "high maintenance"

Rankor

Cancelled
May 31, 2011
Cheltenham
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
newcastle united
I would say no but if ken thinks his character is good now and says yes then I'm happy for him to get a second go at this club.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The guy has talent & if our coaching staff believe he has his act together then no problems

Back