Is the Krak Coming Back (and Marlon too)?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Cows will look to rookie list Krak at best next year, I would be more than happy if we were to use a 3rd or 4th rounder on him!!!

The work he has obviously done with Burgo since he returned to Alberton to transform himself into a draftable prospect from the overweight lad that rocked up for pre-season try outs is proof enough that he has matured to a point that is up to scratch!!!

Would rather have him than Hitchcock
Yeah I was being a bit facetious.

I'd be for putting him on the rookie list, provided he's met Ken's character metrics. It'd be a great story and speak volumes for our club culture. He made some bad decisions but if he's prepared to work hard for that second chance then all power to him.

Massive yes. I seriously wouldnt mind Summerton(?) either, only seen the maggies a few times on the box this year, but they both do great IMO

I'd be very happy to rookie him on the back of watching him win some contests today. He never did that when he was with us the first time around. If the coaching staff are happy for him to be on the list, then so am I.

Get him on the list!! No arguments here

2014-magpies-crows-alberton-oval-2062.jpg

Massive yes. I seriously wouldnt mind Summerton(?) either, only seen the maggies a few times on the box this year, but they both do great IMO

I was never Krak's biggest fan last time around but he's been really impressive. I'd take him.

Summerton is your stock standard, middle age, one paced SANFL plodder.

Nathan Krakouer
Why? His best football was played a long time ago, but he'll be 26 at the start of next season, which could be enough time to get it back. The Nathan Krakouer who we saw briefly in the 2009 season would slot in to Ken's run and gun gamestyle nicely.

Why not? lol

Is it realistic? Might have burnt too many bridges. Might have left his run to get back to AFL level too late (especially considering his fitness troubles). Might not be good enough to make our much improved list. But hey, we forgave him enough to give him a speculative Magpies spot, maybe if he has a good year we'd consider redrafting him for another shot in a Power guernsey?
Borrowed from Schulzenfest's (excellent) Recruiting Targets Summary thread.

I know it's only the SANFL, but Krakouer's form has been tremendous for much of the year. I can't help but think that perhaps Krakouer's best football is yet to be played, and hopefully for the Power.

I suppose the 'Why not?' still stands, but I think there is something to be said about how he's matured as a person since his early days at the PAFC. It wouldn't have been easy for him to come back to the club and ask for another Krak (I'm sorry) even if only with Magpies. The improvement in his fitness over only 6 months also adds to this. Going from struggling to run consecutive 100 metre sprints and being puffed out after 10 pushups, to now running out SANFL games week in week out, to me, shows a level of persistence and perseverance that he didn't possess a few years ago.

Right now, I think it's 100% realistic that we pick up Krakouer. More likely as a rookie, but in the National Draft certainly isn't out of the question.

In case you haven't noticed, it's a resounding yes from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What role is he playing at the Magpies and is he playing well enough to play Afl?

Half back - half forward and wing.

Born 5 May 1988 and is 26 years old.

I do not see him filling a hole on our list as we still have the 3rd youngest list and several other players who will improve to replace our current best 22 in those positions.

e.g. Colquhoun, Byrne-Jones, Amon

Rookie at best.

If Krakouer hadn't left, he'd still be on our list, and playing ahead of guys like Colquhoun, Byrne-Jones and Amon. He's 26, not 30 - he's got 4 years in him and could easily slot in to a Pittard/Broadbent role or even on a wing if Polec/White get injured.

Get him in, and let the young guys we recruited develop properly. Half our problems in the dark years came from then fact that we had zero middle age players to fill the void once all our stars retired.

Having Krak back would be worth a look, his sweeper role in defence could nowadays assist our backs well.

I never really rated Motlop a great deal, but we didn't exactly give him a chance to prove himself either.

May be worth looking at Jake Johansen, he fits in with our height policy.

There are guys at the club that will tell you Krak is the most talented player they've seen. But he screwed up his early chances with some very poor decisions and questionable commitment.

There's even the story* that after he was announced as a Gold Coast player he went to Peter Rohde and said he'd changed his mind and could he get out of it. Rohdey said he had signed a contract and so his hands were tied (*only a rumour don't ask for a link ;))

He was immature as a young footballer, became a very young dad and seems to have matured and set directions for his life and career. It's not too late for another chance.

I know there are a few, but players that are drafted pick 50 plus rarely make it. they are a lottery pick. the chances of Krak adding something to our list is far greater than these guys so id definitely use a 3rd rounder on him. I think he will become next years recruit of the year.

The Krak is that fast small defender we have been missing for a few years to play on oppisition fast blokes who tear us apart. Krak + Impey gives us plenty of options and DBJ Amon and Russell can spend time getting the runs on the board in 2015 2016 etc

I can still visualises Krak running down Goodes from a long way back in Canberra in the NAB cup in 2009 watcbing the game on the wing with Eddie Dingle.

I'm a massive fan. I wrote after the Torrens game id rookie him but I reckon a big finals series might see him earn a spot on the main list. Pure class with plenty of footy left in him. His cousin played some great footy the second time around at roughly the same age.

All aboard ... The Krak express is moving forward.
Don't rookie him - pick him up third pick.
He looks a much better player now. He would walk straight into Ports backline

Remove this Banner Ad

Back