Is this a thread thread? AKA GD's Stream of Conciousness.

Is this a thread?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

1601018_10202728239033291_3322274509740339701_n.jpg

^ truth

Speaking of instagram. It seems to be down. How long until I can start panicking?

I popped in to the Margaret River Bakery earlier this year, hoping to get a pie for lunch.

I think they had every one of these points covered, apart from changing their name. On the furniture point, you also need to make sure you have way too much of it so nobody can get in or out or move around easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't know where to put this, so here will do. Thought I'd share what happened at work tonight. Gonna use Stratton_Gun's way of telling a story.

>Be supervising self-checkout
>Asian family of three come in. Have a son, maybe 18-20 years old
>They have a trolley full of groceries, as well as nine tins of baby formula. Store policy is that only four can be purchased off the one ATM card
>Tell them this
>They get annoyed and get snarky with me. I stay close by to make sure they follow the rules
>They clearly do not know how to operate a self-service machine. Keep taking the bag off before the light goes green meaning I have to go fix it
>Tell the mother that she must wait for it to go green before putting the bag on the ground. Ignores advice
>Son gets all high and mighty asking what's the point of self service if they have to rely on me to help them. Tell them to look around at all the people in the self-service area currently not relying on me
>Machine continues to troll them. The dad smashes his fist into the screen
>Woah
>Errbody in the store be lookin our way now
>I brush it off and say hitting the screen won't help anything
>The dad takes four of the baby formulas and starts scanning them on another machine. Grabs another ATM card and waves it directly under my face to let me know he's paying for it as per our store guidelines
>Machine trolls him when he takes the bag off too early. Gets agitated
>Pays for the formula, then goes back to wife and son who are $250 into their groceries and still going. Machine again plays up
>Dad hits the screen even harder
>Screen goes black. I tell him to GTFO
>Son starts saying it's my fault that the machine is playing up and it's not fair on his parents who have been at work all day and should be at home relaxing right now (why they're in the supermarket at 11:45 I don't know)
>Tell the kid that he is perfectly welcome to go an actual checkout
>All the effort it took to scan and bag their items was for nothing, they storm out leaving their trolley of stuff behind
>Shift continues. We all look at the security footage after work and have a good old chuckle at it

Pftt pre drinks. That's fun when you're like 18-20.

If I pre-drank these days I'd be ****ed/tired before even getting to the bar/pub (and would have to piss every 10 minutes). May as well stay home if your memory has gone to s**t before you've even got there too.

Edit: I didn't say stuffed I said a swear word.

Didn't know where to put this, so here will do. Thought I'd share what happened at work tonight. Gonna use Stratton_Gun's way of telling a story.

>Be supervising self-checkout
>Asian family of three come in. Have a son, maybe 18-20 years old
>They have a trolley full of groceries, as well as nine tins of baby formula. Store policy is that only four can be purchased off the one ATM card
>Tell them this
>They get annoyed and get snarky with me. I stay close by to make sure they follow the rules
>They clearly do not know how to operate a self-service machine. Keep taking the bag off before the light goes green meaning I have to go fix it
>Tell the mother that she must wait for it to go green before putting the bag on the ground. Ignores advice
>Son gets all high and mighty asking what's the point of self service if they have to rely on me to help them. Tell them to look around at all the people in the self-service area currently not relying on me
>Machine continues to troll them. The dad smashes his fist into the screen
>Woah
>Errbody in the store be lookin our way now
>I brush it off and say hitting the screen won't help anything
>The dad takes four of the baby formulas and starts scanning them on another machine. Grabs another ATM card and waves it directly under my face to let me know he's paying for it as per our store guidelines
>Machine trolls him when he takes the bag off too early. Gets agitated
>Pays for the formula, then goes back to wife and son who are $250 into their groceries and still going. Machine again plays up
>Dad hits the screen even harder
>Screen goes black. I tell him to GTFO
>Son starts saying it's my fault that the machine is playing up and it's not fair on his parents who have been at work all day and should be at home relaxing right now (why they're in the supermarket at 11:45 I don't know)
>Tell the kid that he is perfectly welcome to go an actual checkout
>All the effort it took to scan and bag their items was for nothing, they storm out leaving their trolley of stuff behind
>Shift continues. We all look at the security footage after work and have a good old chuckle at it
Campaigners. Don't you have security though?

If I pre-drank these days I'd be stuffed/tired before even getting to the bar/pub (and would have to piss every 10 minutes). May as well stay home if your memory has gone to s**t before you've even got there too.

Edit: I didn't say stuffed I said a swear word.
Completely agree, "pre drinks" now, I would have one, maybe two max, any more and I'd be struggling halfway into the night, which by my standards is like 9-10pm haha

Then last night, we had a lady try and purchase $5 of groceries with 1 and 2 cent coins. :drunk:

Refused to accept that these are no longer legal tender, and in the end we let up just to get her out of the joint.
As far as I'm aware they are still legal tender, as are the old paper notes.

Back