Is this the End for Will?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dermie on SEN before said the ump should be suspended for reporting Willy. They said it looked like the ump stuck his arm out and Willy just brushed him as he was going past.

Absolutely not the end for Will. I'm guessing that he is in the Footscray side until he he can demonstrate the required skill set that The MC wants. If that means he has to move around the ground more and has to put himself in position to mark more, then so be it. He comes back when he has shown he can do what is required. And not before. The standard has been set. Go back to the reserves and we will assist you in becoming a different footballer. It may take weeks or months, but when you show us consistently that you can be part of our system, when you have learnt to play the way we want you to play, you'll be back (provided, of course, the replacement hasn't gone past you).

I would assume this is the case for all our footballers. We help them grow and improve.

No point in Will returning if he just operates the same way as before.

when will we hear the VFL 's tribunal's decision on this or whether it will be thrown out?

Absolutely not the end for Will. I'm guessing that he is in the Footscray side until he he can demonstrate the required skill set that The MC wants. If that means he has to move around the ground more and has to put himself in position to mark more, then so be it. He comes back when he has shown he can do what is required. And not before. The standard has been set. Go back to the reserves and we will assist you in becoming a different footballer. It may take weeks or months, but when you show us consistently that you can be part of our system, when you have learnt to play the way we want you to play, you'll be back (provided, of course, the replacement hasn't gone past you).

I would assume this is the case for all our footballers. We help them grow and improve.

No point in Will returning if he just operates the same way as before.
By all the noises being made by Bevo, I reckon he was going to be in the frame for a recall this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully that ends all argument. Bevo, Ayce cannot play. Accept it, perservere with Will and get on with it.
But at least we got an extended look at Ayce in the team, both with and without support. And he failed that test. I think he'll be gone at the end of the year.

It still doesn't solve our ruck problem even if Will is good for another year or two.

All it proves is that Ayce won't make it. Meanwhile Campbell is floundering.

Roughead still looks our best long term bet but we'll need another good young prospect in the ranks.

But at least we got an extended look at Ayce in the team, both with and without support. And he failed that test. I think he'll be gone at the end of the year.
I have said it before, but i still think he could make a go of it as a key defender. Would love to see him get a run at it in the VFL for an extended period.

It still doesn't solve our ruck problem even if Will is good for another year or two.

All it proves is that Ayce won't make it. Meanwhile Campbell is floundering.

Roughead still looks our best long term bet but we'll need another good young prospect in the ranks.
Perhaps the answer is exactly what you just said. Maybe Roughy is the next ruck, we try and develop options as key defenders.
Hammer today, Fletcher Roberts, Talia and give Roughy some more time in the ruck with TBoyd. There is no way Ayce is going to cut it, he is just not up to it. His best chance is to play as a big lump out of the goal square like Joe Daniher, except he is not anywhere in the league of Daniher.
We cannot afford to keep a witches hat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back