ISPs will be ready for piracy deadline: iiNet

Remove this Banner Ad

No, not at all. My quote was highlighting the fact they're just saying that magnet links don't infringe, so 'the project' will continue...

Well that is good. How does the Magnet Links stop Infringement?

That I don't know. The internet, being what it is, is a multi-national thing. National laws vary. Some countries have tight copyright/ intellectual property laws while others are more progressive. Magnet links must slip through some sort of legal loophole for now.

Okay - Are the Encrypted so hard to Track?

Okay - Are the Encrypted so hard to Track?

Again, I don't know. Tech is always evolving. Measure. Counter-measure. First all people had was their static I.P address and now there's I.P masking and Virtual Private Networks and all kinds of s**t going on.

It's like the Hydra in ancient Greek mythology - you cut one of its heads off and two more grow in its place. Instead of learning to live with it, the authorities keep on trying to cut the Hydra's head off while more and more heads keep growing back.

Again, I don't know. Tech is always evolving. Measure. Counter-measure. First all people had was their static I.P address and now there's I.P masking and Virtual Private Networks and all kinds of s**t going on.

It's like the Hydra in ancient Greek mythology - you cut one of its heads off and two more grow in its place. Instead of learning to live with it, the authorities keep on trying to cut the Hydra's head off while more and more heads keep growing back.

Yeah I read the Hydra stuff and it’s spot on. Pirate Bay goes down and then other sites go up:thumbsu:

As if idiots are stupid enough to download that crap? Their laptop/pc is probably getting ratted in the process or mined for bitcoins

Well - I don’t have my PC connected to the net and Mac is.

I tend to use Private Trackers these Days now anyway

Absolute clowns. There is absolutely nothing they can do to stop it. Nothing.
All this is going to do is slow down legitimate traffic causing more problems than its worth.

Yeah - The New Pirate Bay has gone way Backwards and will destroy the Good Name it had.

Though the Original People who made said it should Die and Come Back as something Different

Well that is good. How does the Magnet Links stop Infringement?

Magnet links stop infringement by decentralizing bittorrent. Instead of downloading a .torrent file that connects you to a tracker, you open a link that contains the hash code for the files and DHT finds the sources. They can still take down the site, but once the magnet links are out there it can't be stopped as long as people are seeding.

http://lifehacker.com/5875899/what-are-magnet-links-and-how-do-i-use-them-to-download-torrents

Also there are some rumours about Piratebay potentially being compromised, they are using a service called Cloudflare which tracks IPs in an attempt to stop DDoS attacks, seeing as it's a US company it wouldn't be hard for authorities to track people accessing the site.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magnet links stop infringement by decentralizing bittorrent. Instead of downloading a .torrent file that connects you to a tracker, you open a link that contains the hash code for the files and DHT finds the sources. They can still take down the site, but once the magnet links are out there it can't be stopped as long as people are seeding.

http://lifehacker.com/5875899/what-are-magnet-links-and-how-do-i-use-them-to-download-torrents

Also there are some rumours about Piratebay potentially being compromised, they are using a service called Cloudflare which tracks IPs in an attempt to stop DDoS attacks, seeing as it's a US company it wouldn't be hard for authorities to track people accessing the site.

Yeah I have heard that people have got Letters from MPAA are Tracking it.

Articles HERE:

https://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-already-has-a-pollution-problem-150202/

https://torrentfreak.com/pirate-bay-will-ditch-cloudflare-asks-users-moderate-150203/

here is a question most of my downloads are free to air tv shows admitidlly im miles ahead of oz by downloading them but if its free to air what's my or anyone else's crime ?

here is a question most of my downloads are free to air tv shows admitidlly im miles ahead of oz by downloading them but if its free to air what's my or anyone else's crime ?

Not Sure - You should be able to have a Personal Copy

I'm a bit confused is this ruling going to affect all people who downloaded it or just the people who seeded it for others to download?

It's Bittorrent, it seeds even when you haven't got the complete download. Sounds like it's targeted at people who had it active over certain dates, most likely from one or two public trackers. I got it off a small private tracker so in theory I should be fine, but I think it's time to look at VPN or a seedbox :(

Not that I downloaded Dalles Buyers Club, but I'm kinda happy I'm with a small ISP that probably isn't worth targetting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back