Rumour It is with a heavy heart that I share this.... B. Goddard @ Arden St.

Remove this Banner Ad

Some richmond flog has started this rumour on the 'rumours and scandals' board. Wondering if he got the info from here or has a decent source.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have it on very very good authority that Brendan "the dirty filthy cheap seagull" Goddard was at Arden St this week touring the club and checking out the facilities. The source that brought me this information also has made it clear that *** may be looking to move on afore mentioned sook and cry baby as part of their rebuild. This is bad news and hopefully turns out to be nothing more than asshat visiting Dal as part of his 300game week.

Now in all fairness before and up to the point of the 2010 GF loss when at St Kilda Goddard was close to the most elite player in the competition. The loss obviously crushed him and although he still showed glimpses his output diminished with St Kilda's fortunes. He went to * with a hope to start rebuilding but then found himself in the middle of the ASADA saga. He has ability, nobody could deny that. He is also a flog and nobody could deny that either. It would be interesting to see him get a proper fresh start at a club that is on the rise again just to see if there are any competetive juices left. If that club is to be us, then with the Dal Santo, Higgins and Waite experiments paying very good dividends, I say we trust in the clubs process.

I hope it isn't true he doesn't seem like Shinboner material to me, but if the clubs likes it then go for it.

I just heard from a mate that is good mates with an essendon player that this rumor is true or perhaps more to the point that a trade will try to be arranged. Apparently he wants out. What is it with Fridays with me and the taste of bile ....... Burp ...Again !!!.

Can we please lock this thread?

Its making me feel violently ill!

However, thank * most rumours at this time of the year are bullshit.

I just heard from a mate that is good mates with an essendon player that this rumor is true or perhaps more to the point that a trade will try to be arranged. Apparently he wants out. What is it with Fridays with me and the taste of bile ....... Burp ...Again !!!.

4 posts, joined in September.

Seems legit.

I can picture Dodoro now:

"So you want Brendan? We want Goldy, Tarrant, Cunnington, first and second round draft picks and Atley - he will be the next Juddy you know. Oh and we'll throw in Kavanagh to sweeten the deal because we're good blokes. He comes from a great family, very grounded."

5,442 posts ... im guessing you started somewhere too. Just to clarify, ive been a shinboner since i was given the Ron Barassi Football book after the 1977 grand final (i still have it, i believe it was for most improved in the under 8s) and remember both the final and replay fondly its what made me a north supporter. Now, i understand that only having 4 posts may irk some people and thats fine, but i have watched this forum for years but never felt the need to post. Sue me.

5,442 posts ... im guessing you started somewhere too. Just to clarify, ive been a shinboner since i was given the Ron Barassi Football book after the 1977 grand final (i still have it, i believe it was for most improved in the under 8s) and remember both the final and replay fondly its what made me a north supporter. Now, i understand that only having 4 posts may irk some people and thats fine, but i have watched this forum for years but never felt the need to post. Sue me.

It's ok, most of us are hoping like anything that you are scamming us.

Now in all fairness before and up to the point of the 2010 GF loss when at St Kilda Goddard was close to the most elite player in the competition. The loss obviously crushed him and although he still showed glimpses his output diminished with St Kilda's fortunes. He went to * with a hope to start rebuilding but then found himself in the middle of the ASADA saga. He has ability, nobody could deny that. He is also a flog and nobody could deny that either. It would be interesting to see him get a proper fresh start at a club that is on the rise again just to see if there are any competetive juices left. If that club is to be us, then with the Dal Santo, Higgins and Waite experiments paying very good dividends, I say we trust in the clubs process.

I hope it isn't true he doesn't seem like Shinboner material to me, but if the clubs likes it then go for it.

Actually agree with that. He was quite brilliant in 2010. Since leaving St Kilda he has progressively declined - but he has been in a terrible team with a useless coach under a ridiculous kind of pressure no-one could reasonably have expected. I'm not sure how much you can take from his recent form.

If we were scouting at * at least he doesn't have a suspension risk hanging over him. At a new club he could really surprise.

I just really don't want to be dealing with that club at all.

He was on 800k odd at *

We would offer 300k?

Surely he'd rather make big $ than to try to win a flag at a 3rd club???

I'd like Hurley thrown in if we are willing to take Floggard. I'd pay 800k a year for the double act.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back