List Mgmt. * it Richmond - Make an assault for the Dangerfield signature, and let's be the story in 2016!

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide will force a trade. If they didn't you would get Danger just on trade value. Thats partly why Swans threw the world at Buddy but the stupid thing from them was the years!
??? How will Adelaide force a trade, They have to match the 2 year 2.5 million dollar deal first and in that case Dangerfield will just stay and become a FA in 2 years when geelong are more advanced and get to geelong - Adelaide get SFA wither way

They will take the compo and be happy

Kind of agree with you but i think between Collingwood and Richmond Dangerfield will be the difference on which club is closer to that flag

Collingwood have alot of young high end talent on their list

Which are not signed to long term deals, and will lose some due to Dangerfield's big dollars.

Collingwood would be silly to offer huge money at Dangerfield, in the sense that they haven't locked up their kids yet, and those kids will want more as they improve. Whereas all of our important players are signed up already, and whilst we may lose one or two players of decent value, we won't lose anyone critical imo.

If Dangerfield does go to Collingwood though, that's fine, because we can just go and pounce on Brodie Grundy when he's out of contract, and there's your Maric replacement. ;)

??? How will Adelaide force a trade, They have to match the 2 year 2.5 million dollar deal first and in that case Dangerfield will just stay and become a FA in 2 years when geelong are more advanced and get to geelong - Adelaide get SFA wither way

They will take the compo and be happy

Thats right Adelaide, match it. Whats the problem?? If they match it after the FA period they can still trade him

Adelaide keep Dangerfield and Geelong are still well off it.

Geelong are a minimum 4 years away even getting Danger and that is being generous IMO.

TBH, I really think Geelong are at least 10 years away. You have to remember teams like Bulldogs, Saints, Melbourne, not to mention GWS and others like us have been building for a number of years and then their is the Pies working their trade magic so in another 4 years, they will lose some and who knows who they target if they are close enough.

News is that Omera intends to move back to Melbourne when his contact expires

masterfoods_920ml_large_tomato_sauce__98069.1407716054.400.600.jpg
???????????

News is that Omera intends to move back to Melbourne when his contact expires

He reminded me of a young Judd before he did his knee. Hope the rumours about his knee being stuffed have been exaggerated so we can land him for a 2nd rounder.

Edit: :p

Thats right Adelaide, match it. Whats the problem?? If they match it after the FA period they can still trade him

Adelaide keep Dangerfield and Geelong are still well off it.

Geelong are a minimum 4 years away even getting Danger and that is being generous IMO.

TBH, I really think Geelong are at least 10 years away. You have to remember teams like Bulldogs, Saints, Melbourne, not to mention GWS and others like us have been building for a number of years and then their is the Pies working their trade magic so in another 4 years, they will lose some and who knows who they target if they are close enough.
Sorry Mr Magic, You have totally lost me with this quote
No chance in the world Adelaide will match 2 years @ 2.5 million

$350-$400
Chaplin,Grigg,Houli,Maric,Edwards,Vickery,B.Ellis,Newman,Foley ....

$200-$250
Conca,Hampson,Knights,Griffiths,Grimes

These 14 players would easily average 300k

Thats not a dozen on 350-400 and Newman should not be on that and we know the Foley contract was a balls up. TV is lucky to be on that from previous form.

I think a few might be getting pay cuts as they get older frankly if not cut

$350-$400
Chaplin,Grigg,Houli,Maric,Edwards,Vickery,B.Ellis,Newman,Foley ....

$200-$250
Conca,Hampson,Knights,Griffiths,Grimes

These 14 players would easily average 300k

Thats not a dozen on 350-400 and Newman should not be on that and we know the Foley contract was a balls up. TV is lucky to be on that from previous form.

I think a few might be getting pay cuts as they get older frankly if not cut

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Try misunderstanding this.

Why will they not match it?
Because they will have to pay it and keep him if they do & to be perfectly honest i dont think they would have the cap space in their TPP to pay it
Just go through their list and have a look, They have Signed up Douglas,Sloan,Walker,Betts,Thomson,Van Berlo,Talia,Jacobs,Crouch
Their list has existing mature players that would be on reasonable coin unlike collingwoods which are at a young end and not at the higher end of their pay scale (similar to ours)

The answer is they would not have the cap space

Because they will have to pay it and keep him if they do & to be perfectly honest i dont think they would have the cap space in their TPP to pay it
Just go through their list and have a look, They have Signed up Douglas,Sloan,Walker,Betts,Thomson,Van Berlo,Talia,Jacobs,Crouch
Their list has existing mature players that would be on reasonable coin unlike collingwoods which are at a young end and not at the higher end of their pay scale (similar to ours)

The answer is they would not have the cap space

I think they would find the cap space if they had to tbh.

Think about it, if it means you can trade Danger or get a better situation in 2 years time why would you not do it?

For starters Pod and Reilly can go.

They could trade out players to. They could trade out Thompson etc... maybe Port. They have the Crouch's and others coming through and for Danger to stay after 2 years he will want to see a future anyway forget about the past

They could lose Talia after 2016, he is free agent in 2017.

The fact is Adelaide are a middle of the road club, but they have depth and talent. They can use Danger to re-shape their list and if Danger can't win a premiership straight away what difference is it 2 more years?

Say they trade away Talia and other so by 2017 they have a fairly young list, get bottom 7 with Melbourne, GWS, possibly GC, Bulldogs rising Hawks maybe still hovering, West Coast they get a good compo pick for Danger and they are looking good to rise in the next 5 years.

I can easily see Adelaide keeping Danger for another 2 years and if Danger is smart enough to be patient will not necessarily bother him because gives him more time to assess and get it right.

Just say Danger goes to Collingwood and the Pies balls it up. Then Danger is in a nearly but not quite situation where it is harder for him to seek a trade out like Okeefe in the Swans.

For me Danger sticking it out for another 2 years could easily happen and is far more likely than going to Geelong IMO.

After 2 more years Danger might know exactly which club is right for him and set up for a premiership and Adelaide will give him his blessing for setting them up and getting a good compo pick

I think they would find the cap space if they had to tbh.

Think about it, if it means you can trade Danger or get a better situation in 2 years time why would you not do it?

For starters Pod and Reilly can go.

They could trade out players to. They could trade out Thompson etc... maybe Port. They have the Crouch's and others coming through and for Danger to stay after 2 years he will want to see a future anyway forget about the past

They could lose Talia after 2016, he is free agent in 2017.

The fact is Adelaide are a middle of the road club, but they have depth and talent. They can use Danger to re-shape their list and if Danger can't win a premiership straight away what difference is it 2 more years?

Say they trade away Talia and other so by 2017 they have a fairly young list, get bottom 7 with Melbourne, GWS, possibly GC, Bulldogs rising Hawks maybe still hovering, West Coast they get a good compo pick for Danger and they are looking good to rise in the next 5 years.

I can easily see Adelaide keeping Danger for another 2 years and if Danger is smart enough to be patient will not necessarily bother him because gives him more time to assess and get it right.

Just say Danger goes to Collingwood and the Pies balls it up. Then Danger is in a nearly but not quite situation where it is harder for him to seek a trade out like Okeefe in the Swans

You see Mr Majic they are not better off in 2 years time

Dangerfield will be a unrestricted free agent and can just walk away and there wont be a compo pick by then - So Adelaide get Nothing

You see Mr Majic they are not better off in 2 years time

Dangerfield will be a unrestricted free agent and can just walk away and there wont be a compo pick by then - So Adelaide get Nothing

He will not walk away and with what Danger gets they will get a very good compo pick for a guy 2 years older and therefore better value to AFC in terms of the compo pick

Why would there not be a compo pick by then? He would still be commanding enough coin for Band 1.

Danger wants to go to a successful club so he can't walk away and in 2 years time why would AFC have an issue with that because they have 2 years to prepare for it?

He will not walk away and with what Danger gets they will get a very good compo pick for a guy 2 years older and therefore better value to AFC in terms of the compo pick

Why would there not be a compo pick by then? He would still be command enough coin for Band 1
I suggest you do more research MM, The Afl wants and the clubs want compo picks gone and a clean draft to come back, The chances are that this year will be the last year of compo picks.

Dangerfield is ready to go now , Why wouldnt he leave in 2 years , specially after Adelaide stiffle his attempt this time

I suggest you do more research MM, The Afl wants and the clubs want compo picks gone and a clean draft to come back, The chances are that this year will be the last year of compo picks.

Dangerfield is ready to go now , Why wouldnt he leave in 2 years , specially after Adelaide stiffle his attempt this time

I suggest you do some research.

If the compo picks go legal cases will be be assured.

It effectively means the free trade market has been breached by the regulator and all clubs who have not received compo picks will need to be compensated.

What it also means is the AFL loses fans because the AFL comp is not about Cola or the expansion clubs but who abused the compo pick transition period effectively.

Remember this is one of the reasons people support clubs.

You don't support Carlton because the salary cap.

You don't support the Hawks due to zoning and Tassie Govt.

You don't support Swans AFL franchise due to Cola

You don't support the Pies due to media manipulation and umpire bias

You don't support Essendon because they are w and now the d....

etc... etc...

AFL have to keep the crowds watching the game others they have no money.

There is no clean draft and this is the most fair system yet.

By the way, getting Kelty to run these investigation task forces does in no way shape or form place any integrity on the process at all. The first thing one needs to do is get someone from the real world and not a grub!

I seriously think you need to do a lot more learning!

What makes you thinking Danger is ready to go now btw?:rolleyes: Big difference considering options. Just means he is not a moron!:cool:

You realise we have not had a fair premiership since the 70's due to AFL intervention don't you?

If its not Hawthorns zoning, its the expansion clubs, it never f... ends!!!!

The last thing the AFL needs is to change the compo picks again and publicly be f... over by Collingwood. And yes I know exactly what Lyon said on the Footy Classified on Monday well after they got Bradshaw for Frawley inferring potential changes to FA

Compo picks means you can lose the battle but win the war. There is nothing wrong with compo picks and they will stay. It is just about timing so u lose Franklin and get Frawley. It all works out in the end and clubs simply need to be more strategic with their lists and focus more on the players and their development. If Clubs cannot do that they will not win premierships anyway! Clubs have no say in it anyway, they are irrelevant. Its about the fans. If a club dies big deal, but if the fans go the competition is finished!:cool:

If the compo picks go I know RFC is finished as a club. Fact pure and simple!! It means the fans and players lose control of their destiny to club executives and thats the last thing most want!!!

Last edited:
This conversation has gone totally off the tracks MM

Specially where you say that if compo picks are gone that legal action will happen - No Chance

Compo picks will be gone soon

Every chance.

Why compete???

Collingwood got a Melbourne got a comp pick for Frawley, not to mention others

Do you want to be their bi....es??

Just a joke. Only a loser would take that up the a....!:cool:

If what you said was true RFC would have lost all their players via FA and get a hell of a start before compo picks ended and then rebuild ala GWS and dominant the comp in the future.

What you are talking about is equivalent in the Wall street bankers selling ponzi scheme loans the the mortgagees for sales commissions and the like despite the risk householders exit, passing them off as AAA only for them to roll over and then not cope their whack but pass the losses on to USA public govt and ultimately taxpayers.

Your dreaming if you think the govt will let that wash from the AFL. If they do that and they lose the fans they will have hell to pay. Don't you know why they are propping up the housing market to stop the chaos already via low interest rates and expansive policies??? Greece says hello

I tell you how tight all the AFL money stream is. It all comes from TV rights and that is all governed by licenses from the govt. So if they upset the govt hell will pay.

Whenever the likes of Melbourne get near a premiership it will be , not Melbourme, we are playing Melbourne AFL franchise care of Bradshaw via the AFL HQ intervention.

And then going forward, it is not about what the players do and how they develop, it is about what is the next change AFL HQ does and how close your club is in the ears of AFL HQ.

For example with the change in the father and son rules we can say we can ignore Geelomg's premierships because that was in the era the father son rule made it unfair so Geelong as a club never fairly won those premierships so cats fans, sit down and take that up your pipe!!!

At the end of the day RFC's job is to win fair.

If they can't do that via AFL HQ interference they can f... off and I will follow another sport!!!

I refuse to watch a sport constantly interfered with by AFL HQ intervention to suit various stakeholders self interest!

The only reason I still watch AFL on the TV is I can rely on the players trying to win, playing their best , seeing a bit of skill like Richo playing with some heart on the footy field and Ablett Snr showing his footy prowess.

But if the AFL game ends up like a cess pool where winning a premiership is more to do with AFL HQ relationships and playing power relationships between stakeholders modifying rules, I am quite comfortable not watching another game of AFL footy ever again!:)

So the bottom line is this GUN.

If what you say is true about compo picks getting removed in the future, RFC is irrelevant because I am not interested in watching another game of AFL where I would have little doubt I could no longer regard it as a sport!

If its about power brokers and changing rules on compo picks, Dangerfield is irrelevant, and so am I because I will no longer be a spectator of the sport!:cool:

Its funny, growing up in the country playing the game watching the AFL play on the TV one just watches the game and just appreciates it for what it is even though it has changed for the worse IMO. But hearing your perspective, I think if I had of grown up in Melbourne, with all the politics that is being spoken about, I am not sure I would have followed AFL and followed another sport more enthusiastically!:cool:

Last edited:
Looks like the woods will do it again.
Collingwood's head of recruitment Derek Hine has confirmed the club does have the cap space to make a play for Adelaide midfielder Patrick Dangerfield.

Speaking on The Run Home, Hine spoke about the changes at the Magpies which has seen them become one of the youngest lists in the competition.

"Given all the changes we've made, in excess of 3,300 [combined] games that have gone out of our club in a four year period. We've made 45 changes in that four year period and we're at a stage where our list profile, in terms of age and games are in the bottom percentile of the competition."

"So we need to be really strategic and targeted in terms of the players we attract."

When pressed about the possibility of luring Dangerfield to the Magpies, Hine responded with, "we've got room in the cap."

He was however quick to say re-signing Magpies player coming out of contract at the end of the season was top priority.

"At the same time we've got some pretty handy players coming out of contract that we need to retain and keep building."
So move on who's next:(

I do agree with you if that scenario did occur but highly unlikely that it will. Dangerfield will select a team and will get to that club that he wants and Adelaide will just have to accept thir compo pick and be happy about it - Thems the breaks

If Dangerfields manager is correct in saying that he wants a flag and it must be a melbourne club then there is really just 3 clubs in the race presuming we are interested. Collingwood,Hawthorn,Richmond with Collingwood being favourites in my opinion and thats where he will end up
Cloke,Pendlebury,Swan are the big money earners there and all 3 are Vets and probably on front ended deals considering the players that have left
Collingwood would easily have the cap room to accommodate the expected salary of 5 million 5 years type deal

Richmond can not compete with collingwood in regards to the dollars in our cap space as we have alot more players that are on higher dollars such as
Delidio,Cotchin,Martin,Rance,Riewoldt thats 3 million over 5 players just in that group as well as another dozen in the 350-400 range so thats 17 players that are earning 7.5 million which leaves 2.5-2.9 mil over 26 players

I would say with certain munipulation and handy account work we would have about 600-700 in our so called 'War Chest"

Look its never easy to tell with front ending and back ending contracts, but Collingwood still have a few older players to pay and the high end young talent has to be paid too.

Obviously Pendles, Swan and Travis are over 600k but the last two are vets this year and Pendles next year. Greenwood and Adams we know are over 400k. Then there is Reid, Brown, Steelebottom, Toovey, Goldsack, Varcoe, White, Blair would be on at least 300k plus and the first 3 at least in that 400k bracket.

On top of Grundy, Elliot, Seedsman, Crisp, Oxley, Langdon, Witts ect... will want pay rises.

I'm not saying they don't have the cap space (or the creative accounting ability) to go for Danger but going at 1.25 over 2 years is a big risk and if they can clear that space then a lot of teams IMO can.

As for Adelaide if they can match it they are certainly considering it, as they can get more value out of Danger through trade, although final ladder positions will affect the decision too, and they are not giving him up to two teams in the same area of the ladder as they are. Plus who knows what happens over those two years that give them another chance to have Danger stay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back